HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Sep 2011
122 Posts
Discussion
3D CP size 100 heli UNDER $100.00!

Hey all,

Looking for the absolute lowest priced (size 100) 3D collective pitch heli out there. Got a budget this month of $100.00 on spending, and want to get a cp palm size 3D heli, the 100 size. Not worried about quality, as I just want a teeny cp 3D heli that I can practice with in my apt. Please, no messages about which ones are crap vs. which ones are good. I'm already well aware of "you get what you pay for". I'm looking SOLELY for the LOWEST PRICE. If it's a cp 3D, size 100, then I'm fine with it. Remember, my GOAL is to find one UNDER $100.00. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
the desolate one is offline Find More Posts by the desolate one
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
911 Posts
I don't think it is a question of crap or not... there are only a few 100 sized CP helis available to choose from. Align T-Rex 100, Blade mCP X, or Walkera Genius CP, or Walkera Mini CP. I don't think you can get a complete kit for under $100. I think the best you can do to get close to your $100 mark is to get the Align T-Rex 100 with iPhone adapter (you use your iPhone as a the transmitter).
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
The Align Trex 100 is not a CP but a self stablizing FP. The only sub $100 CP heli is the Solo Pro 100D which you can get at the US warehouse of HobbyKing. If you live outside the US, then it will cost much more. However, it has had a large number of poor user feedbacks and so you must think carefully.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
nine eagles solo pro 100 from hobby king/USA warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21179
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
Joined Nov 2010
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
nine eagles solo pro 100 from hobby king/USA warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21179
Agreed, although I'd highly recommend going with an MCPX (I believe you can find the RTF for around 160) or Mini CP (slightly more expensive, but will definitely be better than the Solo pro 100. However, since you mentioned you don't care about quality, the solo pro 100 for $80 is a no brainer
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
Rookie
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
I have the nine eales solo pro 100d. It is outstanding for the money. Rtf and plenty of main gears you will be happy.
Fincloser is offline Find More Posts by Fincloser
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Ive been very tempted to buy the solo pro 100D from hobbyking for 80.00. Its also in the US warehouse so shipping wont take a whole month. I just read the whole thread on the 100D and its twitchy and lacks power for 3d moves although for 80.00 can you really complain?
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:38 PM
Rookie
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
There are some inexpensive ways to give it more power without spending much. As for twitchy I cannot fly 3d and completely new to 6ch and I can hover and fly figure eights fine . Some minor adjustments to the tx and it becomes less sensitive but I liked the factory settings. I will say the 180 by nine eagles is way better for a few extra dollars.
Fincloser is offline Find More Posts by Fincloser
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Sep 2011
122 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to thank you for all the useful information. My final decision was, I ended up buying a Walkera Genius CP (BNF) for $129 online (with standard brushed motors). Many people have said that the genius is an excellent palm sized 3d heli, one of the best out there, plus it's very durable, and STABLE, some say more stable than the blade mcp x. I have the Walkera WK2603 tx from my v120d02 which I will bind to the genius. The V120 is a VERY nice bird, but a bit too large to "play with" inside my shoebox sized apt. I use it for outdoor flying. I don't have nearly as much time for outdoor flying as I do for indoor flying, so I'll be using the genius much more than I do the v120. The size of the genius will be perfect to buzz around in my tiny apt. I look foward to having this little 3d hummingbird to add to my collection.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:44 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the desolate one View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to thank you for all the useful information. My final decision was, I ended up buying a Walkera Genius CP (BNF) for $129 online (with standard brushed motors). Many people have said that the genius is an excellent palm sized 3d heli, one of the best out there, plus it's very durable, and STABLE, some say more stable than the blade mcp x. I have the Walkera WK2603 tx from my v120d02 which I will bind to the genius. The V120 is a VERY nice bird, but a bit too large to "play with" inside my shoebox sized apt. I use it for outdoor flying. I don't have nearly as much time for outdoor flying as I do for indoor flying, so I'll be using the genius much more than I do the v120. The size of the genius will be perfect to buzz around in my tiny apt. I look foward to having this little 3d hummingbird to add to my collection.
I have the genius cp.. Its a great bang for the buck.. But be prepared to stock up on servos and stock main motors..

Other then that its a sweet bird..

Happy flying

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
I have the genius cp.. Its a great bang for the buck.. But be prepared to stock up on servos and stock main motors..

Other then that its a sweet bird..

Happy flying

Farmer
Thanks for the info. You gotta figure that ALL birds have a certain type of part that is known for going out on it. Once I get good enough, I'll upgrade this bird to the brushless motors, but I'm talking a couple YEARS before I felt I was good enough to have that kind of power. I'm sure I'll be happy with flying with the stock motors for some time to come. As far as the servos, what is it on them that has a tendency to go out? I'm curious about that.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the desolate one View Post
Thanks for the info. You gotta figure that ALL birds have a certain type of part that is known for going out on it. Once I get good enough, I'll upgrade this bird to the brushless motors, but I'm talking a couple YEARS before I felt I was good enough to have that kind of power. I'm sure I'll be happy with flying with the stock motors for some time to come. As far as the servos, what is it on them that has a tendency to go out? I'm curious about that.
the servos strip the internal gears on hard crashes from time to time, especially when inverted.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincloser View Post
There are some inexpensive ways to give it more power without spending much. As for twitchy I cannot fly 3d and completely new to 6ch and I can hover and fly figure eights fine . Some minor adjustments to the tx and it becomes less sensitive but I liked the factory settings. I will say the 180 by nine eagles is way better for a few extra dollars.
like what? Maybe adding a mcpx motor with a 9T pinion or something along those lines?