HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Jun 2008
4 Posts
Discussion
Need a little help on a JR 9303!

Has anyone ever replaced the gimbal springs inside a JR transmitter? I have a JR 9303 that I have had for a couple years and Saturday I had a aileron tension spring let go! Just a little startling but not bad…… Anyway I would like to change all of them out while I have it apart but it looks a little tricky! Need some advice if you have tackled this before.

Gary
gefisher is offline Find More Posts by gefisher
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefisher View Post
Has anyone ever replaced the gimbal springs inside a JR transmitter? I have a JR 9303 that I have had for a couple years and Saturday I had a aileron tension spring let go! Just a little startling but not bad…… Anyway I would like to change all of them out while I have it apart but it looks a little tricky! Need some advice if you have tackled this before.

Gary
There's nothing very hard about it but you do need pliers with long, fine nose to get down in there. To install a spring, you just grab it with the very tip of the pliers, hook the other end onto the peg, and slip this end over the end of the scissor lever. The only tricky bit is getting a grip on the spring that doesn't prevent you from slipping it on. It usually takes me a couple of tries.

I've never had a spring break but I have had the gimbal apart for other reasons.

All the JR transmitters work in a similar fashion, by the way.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66