HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
Discussion
Sorry for all the? But need help with slow motor/ESC

I'm done building my quadcopter.Updated to KKQuadControllerV4_7_X before I did any intial setup of the ESC and now I can't find any info to how I set the ESC's. 3 of my motors are in sync, but one only turn on when I get past 50-60% on the throttle stick. Do I need to change setup for that ESC or is the motor or ESC broken?

The other motors starts to spinn if I only give it small amount of throttle but not the rear right motor.
Denominator is offline Find More Posts by Denominator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jul 2008
615 Posts
Most likely you will need to reflash the firmware of your KK controller to fix the problem. I believe there was a bug in some versions that could cause the 4th motor to lag behind on throttle inputs.

I had the same problem and fixed it by reflashing my board.

Look at this post;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73

for the version of the firmware that works for me.

Edit - there's a whole thread on the problem here;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587021
teslahed is offline Find More Posts by teslahed
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:24 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
That is the version of the firmware that I flashed it to. Strange that it works for you but not for me :/
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Hamar
Joined Sep 2009
68 Posts
As I read the threads I noticed someone write that the yaw pot was reverced.
Turned it the other way and followed the setup esc guide and now it works perfectly!

Thank you!