HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
Vintage: Futaba Super 7 - 4 servo wing Air brake / Crow!?

I have got two of these radios and as they are perfectly alright I don't see a need to upgrade.
To be precise it's a Field Force Super 7 FP-7UPS (UK?) transmitter.
I have the instruction manual and Don Edberg's "Programming the Futaba Super 7 Radio System" book and still stuck! I've built myself a demo jig just to check the servos and travels.
I'm trying to set up a four servo wing glider for ailerons, flaps and crow. I am trying to follow the descriptions but nothing in there seems to work as described.
The air brake function seems really elusive. Has anybody got it to work and give me a hand?
Can it be really that difficult? Lot's of odd things happening...

Thank you!

M
Pyrolator is offline Find More Posts by Pyrolator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Mar 2005
12 Posts
Plug the ailerons into positions 1, 7, and the flaps (both servos) into position 6. Enable differential, and go into the glider menus. You can select Start and Speed mixing to get the camber to do what you want. It took me a while to figure this out from the manual alone, but it can be done. There may also be a way to get aileron -> flap mixing, but I haven't figured that out yet on the 7uaf. Good luck with this great radio.
jbogdano is offline Find More Posts by jbogdano