HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Help!
Want 3S 2200 or 2100 mah 25c, 30c, or 35c Lipos - Best LANDED price vs. Performance?

Looking to get a few 2100 or 2200 mAh batteries for my new Parkzone T-28. Who has the best landed (shipped to your door) price on these measured against the performance and longevity of the batteries they offer?

The usual suspects I'm considering, of course, are HobbyPatz and HobbyKing. Anyone else?
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
3S2650 50C for $30 and these are very high quality LiPolys.

http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...q0d8e5iamkjk52

30C 3S 2650 for $17

http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...roducts_id=150
Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,462 Posts
As far as longevity is concerned, I've had the best long term performance from Hyperion. As far as $ per flight is concerned, these have been the best value for me personally.

My experience here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1450517

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
3S2650 50C for $30 and these are very high quality LiPolys.

http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...q0d8e5iamkjk52

30C 3S 2650 for $17

http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...roducts_id=150
Charles
I placed an order with them, about 4 days ago with no movement, but paypal payment has gone through. I've tried sending PMs to mntflyer44 on several occasions with zero responses so far.

If he still around?
rchelijc is offline Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:40 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
I know this might not be any help as you are thinking of using them any ways,but i'd say go with Hobbyking and there Turnigy Nano-Techs and the blue Turnigy batteries.
I've been using them for a few years now and i've never had a problem with them and i'm still using the blue Turnigy and Nanos i brought a couple of years ago and there still going strong.

As with most Lipo batteries it's all about looking after them and don't run them down to low at all and store charge them when not in use.

Good luck in your search and no matter where you get your batteries from stay safe and have fun flying.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:07 PM
Rocky Mountain High
Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
198 Posts
rchelijc

Orders combined into one medium priority mail intl carton. We have included a parallel and a series connector, hope you can use them. Scheduled for pickup today.

Your e-mail should be updated now with shipping info.

Aplogize for not checking for any PM.

Marvin
mtnflyer44 is offline Find More Posts by mtnflyer44
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:30 PM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
778 Posts
Cool thanks Marvin.

If they are up to the task, I'll spread the word
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:38 PM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
I know this might not be any help as you are thinking of using them any ways,but i'd say go with Hobbyking and there Turnigy Nano-Techs and the blue Turnigy batteries.
I've been using them for a few years now and i've never had a problem with them and i'm still using the blue Turnigy and Nanos i brought a couple of years ago and there still going strong.

As with most Lipo batteries it's all about looking after them and don't run them down to low at all and store charge them when not in use.

Good luck in your search and no matter where you get your batteries from stay safe and have fun flying.
Starazz thanks.. I do have my blue zippy's still going strong after 2 years!

But I do have planes that can sustain 50A for 20s bursts, and those zippy's really aren't up to the task. Also, the nano's are a good 15-30% heavier than comparable billowy from hicountry or tp packs.

HK packs definitely do have their place in my machines.

But when going for ultimate performance for weight, I need to pay a bit more

Plus, I trust everydayflyer's reviews, so if he says their good (then) i'm willing to give them a shot. Plus they're massively discounted now - you won't find them much more expensive that blue zippy's or nano's of the similar spec. Except, the zippy's and nano's are heavier.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:50 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
405 Posts
hey guys; we;ve just opened up SWISSPOST shipping from Singapore to USA from our REVOLECTRIX website. Give it a google. You won;t be able to beat the 60C Diamond label packs
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:48 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,181 Posts
Just dumped an old Zippy Rhino 850 after 4yrs plus of use. Gradually starting to swell and shorter flight time but was still working fine. Much good flying out of it.!!

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:31 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
Just dumped an old Zippy Rhino 850 after 4yrs plus of use. Gradually starting to swell and shorter flight time but was still working fine. Much good flying out of it.!!

Gord.
Is the pack "soft" puffy or a "firm" puffy? Interested to know
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:30 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,181 Posts
Sort of firm, old age puffy. Sort of like me I do dump them when they get this way.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:33 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,396 Posts
+1 for HighCountry packs. Charles (everydayflyer) did extensive tests on them and they have proven to be good quality.

That being said a T-28 isn't going to fly any different on 40 or 20C packs unless you have a really hot power system. You may notice a bit more power from higher discharge packs but they tend to weigh more. My point is HC Hobbies stands behind their products and has great customer service so you "investment" will most likely last a whole lot longer than stuff from that other vendor.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:19 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
+1 for HighCountry packs. Charles (everydayflyer) did extensive tests on them and they have proven to be good quality.

That being said a T-28 isn't going to fly any different on 40 or 20C packs unless you have a really hot power system. You may notice a bit more power from higher discharge packs but they tend to weigh more. My point is HC Hobbies stands behind their products and has great customer service so you "investment" will most likely last a whole lot longer than stuff from that other vendor.
agree. ad out our end we'll make your packs up fresh for you on the day of shipment in in shape or format you want...............now thats service
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
agree. ad out our end we'll make your packs up fresh for you on the day of shipment in in shape or format you want...............now thats service
Now, all you need to do is start packing your batteries properly so they get to the customer in working condition. I received 2 packs from Revolectrix, thrown in a plastic bag. One battery had lost the bubble wrap it was poorly wrapped in and the end caps, which were supposed to protect the black/red wires from shorting, had come off. The pack was damaged because it flopped around inside the bag and one cell was dead. Both packs were poorly shrink-wrapped and in fact, you could move the cells inside back and forth.

So, bottom-line.....I asked for a refund and luckily got it.

I'm disappointed because I was really excited about the new pricing and cheaper shipping chargers from China. I thought their 40C batteries would be great, but I'll never find out. They will be discarded in the trash. However, I have found some new batteries I'll be trying out recommeded by "Everydayflyer" from this forum....the ones he spoke about from "High Country Hobbies".

Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948