HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:21 PM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
This is what I could find in 5 mins for that brushed motor:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSLV0&P=6

Im sure we could find a plane or car brushed esc and I could throw a water cooling plate on it too.
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:35 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,547 Posts
Heck yeah, if all you need right now is a brushed esc, I have a spare one lying around in the shop. It's rated for 6-10 cells at a maximum of 40 Amps. Yours if you want it.
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Heck yeah, if all you need right now is a brushed esc, I have a spare one lying around in the shop. It's rated for 6-10 cells at a maximum of 40 Amps. Yours if you want it.
Chris, you are WAY too kind!!

Totally appreciate it, for real. But my bro-in-law has a stash of stuff he's bringing me next weekend. He flies brushless, but like a lot of us has tinkered with cars and boats over the years. This is certainly becoming a group project!
Shawnner is offline Find More Posts by Shawnner
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:26 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,547 Posts
Well, like I said, it is a spare that I just have lying around, and it would be worth the price to see your project get off the water. If you change your mind, let me know and I'll send it off. Lord knows I'll never end up using it, since I went brushless on everything a while back. (Except for my ore boat.)
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Oct 2008
18 Posts
Here's the knockoff Robbe made of the Zytiron. At least it's the same idea with the foils. Don't know if I should build it or keep it kitted.
rcjrboatman is offline Find More Posts by rcjrboatman
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
@ KFC well I was taught to only say "no thank you" so many times. I'll def let you know if I end up needing it and thanks again big time either way!

@ rcjrboatman I have to admit I'd be torn as well. That's so cool you have one!

I wonder what these retailed at back when they were new. I find it interesting they didn't trim out the hull. Are there two (or more) pieces that you have to trim out and glue together yourself? If they didn't trim and/or have the hull glued for the customer it may have helped Robbe keep costs down.

Is it normal to have to glue ABS hulls if a kit isn't RTR? If so, is that not a pain to do or easier than I think?
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2008
18 Posts
I have no idea of the price when they came out. I bought it a couple of years ago from a guy that was selling it on Ebay Germany for 100.00 shipped. There are 3 main parts to the hull. The top, bottom and another piece that goes in between. It shouldn't be a hard kit to build, that is if I ever decide to actually do it.
rcjrboatman is offline Find More Posts by rcjrboatman
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
You totally want to put it together yourself unless you plan to always keep it stock. I personally have taken factory assembled hulls apart just to ease new hardware installation, remove unneeded weight and improve strength and parts fit. I get what you’re saying that the manufacturer saves some money on labor but personally it is critical to the finished product I take as much time as it takes and I like having that control.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Okay thanks for the info! That makes a lot of sense, that you'd want to assemble the hull on your own. This way you could incorporate added flotation if you choose, reinforce the structuring as you see fit, etc.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Just a quick update. Got all my electronics gear in working order. I had to steal one of my Traxxas radios but it's for a good cause. She's alive!

So, I spent the day wet sanding the hull, repainting it and cleaning up the metal bits some. It's no show boat, but it's a runner, so that's my mindset. I'm sure the paint isn't perfect but it will stand out on a dark pond and that is the most important thing in terms of paint right now.

I will probably clear coat it tomorrow and then start putting it all back together.

After that I'll need to re-do the silicone gasket on the hatch and check for leaks in my pool. I'll also start to keep my eye out for a chase boat of some kind, get the ol' tennis ball and fishing pole ready just in case. Unless something bad happens and sets me back, I should actually be testing within the next two weeks easy.

Can NOT wait.
Last edited by Shawnner; Apr 08, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 05:13 PM
AMA# 980507
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Here is my retrieval boat dude:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...ft/aqub14.html

I have my line from my fishing rod attached to that. I just drive the boat out to my flipped one, circle it a couple of times, and reel it in. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
That takes the guesswork out of it fo' sure! Plus it looks cool - bonus.
Last edited by Shawnner; Apr 08, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydro-Foil-/...#ht_500wt_1156

Here's one for sale that's been converted to nitro.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
New to rc boats need ul-1 hull ripped rudder off
kodey220 is offline Find More Posts by kodey220
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
AMA# 980507
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodey220 View Post
New to rc boats need ul-1 hull ripped rudder off
You must be new to using forums as well . You may want to ask in this sub-forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/boats-fs-w-104/
RCG Plus Member