HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,843 Posts
The bottom and chine line look good. At this point I would say your OK!. When running the model the hull is out of the water from the stem post to half way back at even half throttle. The planning surface is the last third of the hull or less the more throttle you give her.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Last edited by frankg; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Frankg First off I hope all is well and the recovery is going well. I received the new F5 and was able to get it in position by cutting off the foot. After regluing the battens and chine all looks good. The lines are as they should be and the flow very nicely. Again, I hope all is well and you are back in business better than ever. Hope you're health is on the mend as well. Thanks again for your outstanding service.

Regards Paul
Tito59 is offline Find More Posts by Tito59
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
Archbald, PA
Joined Mar 2006
39 Posts
Hi all...2 questions on this build:
I'm guessing that the balsa blocks we glue onto the rearward frames face toward the stern?
As you can see in the pic, the bottoms of the front frames don't protrude over the keel, but the rearmost do when they're all the way seated on the keel, should they be pushed down to meet the building board? Can Rich or anyone else advise me here?
Thanks,
Rob

PS. Rich thanks for the super quick delivery of this kit! Excellent service as usual.
bub9797 is offline Find More Posts by bub9797
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,843 Posts
ROB- all the frames feet are glued down to the building board. The keel will be trued with the frames later in the build. SEE POST #22 of the build of MISS SEVERN here in the build post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1621071&pp=100
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,843 Posts
ROB- All the balsa blocking for gluing the side panels in will be facing aft on the frames.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Miss Severn Motor Mount

Hi Rich,

Two questions; I'm ready to glue the motor mount in place and noticed two things :

1. The motor mount provided does not lay flat on the angle keel and there is no notch in the rear side of the block as pictured in the instructions. Should there be a notch cut in the rear of the mount?

2. Also the motor mount does not sit flat on the angled keel as the rear corners interfere with the hull. Would the corners be cut off the allow it to sit against the keel for the proper motor angle thru to the shaft?

Pictures attached. Thanks for the guidance.

Paul
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Second photo

Rich,

Here is the photos from the instructions.

Thanks,

Paul
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,843 Posts
PAUL- Yes we cut the motor mount board out to get it a little farther back for the base of the motor mount. Also we sanded the back corners of the motor mount board so that the board sat down on the angled keel notch. The idea was to line up the motor and universal as straight as possible to the prop shaft and stuffing box.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, NY, Lockport
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Mounting the Motor help (This is how I did it)

Hope this may help in the motor mounting.
Here are some pictures of the motor mount that I reworked to fit my build using the brushless motor. I used T nuts to hold the motor bracket in place, of the wood screws so I can easily take out the motor assembly for rework if needed. But the front 2 screws of the motor are hard to get out after installing the motor. I used a long screw driver to reach the front screws to start them, then a angled screw driver to torque them down.
Bill Shores
wshores is online now Find More Posts by wshores
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, TX, Converse
Joined Mar 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshores View Post
Frankg:
Received Frame 5 in the mail today (11/13/12)
(NOTE: The new frame is not the same as the posted PDF file of the changed F5 frame)

I know itís been a really a hard time for you, your family and the factory these past few weeks. I have been following on the RCGroups every day.

I have been working on the Miss Seven build since I have gone past being able to replace the new F5 frame. I have reworked the sides to take out the hour-glass shape but it does not have the same lines as the boat in the pictures of the build (referring to step # 62 picture) see my attached pictures of my rework
I hope this will all work out.
Nice lines, great job
pops880 is offline Find More Posts by pops880
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Frankg, wshores

Thanks guys, I figured there was a bit of rework required. Sounds like I need to wait Until I get the power package and then align the shaft, strut, motor and mount simultaneously to get it all aligned properly.

Thanks,

Paul
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
100 hrs into the build!

Really enjoying putting this together !

Rich, you did a great job.

Paul
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Photo 2
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:37 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
Wow, that looks fantastic, Tito!

Now I feel bad for not buying one! (I thought I heard somewhere that the first run of these is sold out -- Just a rumor though -- Check with frankg, of course)
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:24 PM
mahoganyfan
United States, NJ, Atlantic City
Joined Nov 2010
693 Posts
Beautiful

Nice work TITO59,keep it up,I am following your build.Thanks for posting pictures.
californiakid is online now Find More Posts by californiakid