SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Seat

Franks, while waiting for the the new F5 to arrive, I kept myself busy by building the front seat. I used the new replacement parts supplied on the supplemental sheet. R2S was labeled RS2, no big deal, but R2S is about 3/8" shorter (top to bottom not allowing RS2C to lay flat) than RS2B and about 1/8" wider. RS2F is 1/4" wider than R2S. Ia assume by the picture the seat should be square not keystone shape. Correct? In addition RS2SB doesn't fit at all. See pics, did I miss something
Tito59 is offline Find More Posts by Tito59
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,817 Posts
Tito59- The R2S part should be 9/32” higher so that the top of the radius come flush with the top of the side seat frames. You can cut the notch up 9/32” to allow the part to come even with the side frames. The seat bottom spreader, RS2SB should be 5 3/4” long . You can make a new piece from the scrap mahogany ply. The parts will be used for gluing the finished seat cushions to the frame assembly.

The seat it’s self is wider at the front than it is the back following the cockpit sides. Corrections to the CAD drawings have been made for future its.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Seat

Thanks Frankg, if Icut the notch to acomodate the raising the back flush with the sides, I don't believe I can mount the shelf. I will check. Can you tell me the dimensions across the front and back of the seat. Need to make sure it is the correct size.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,817 Posts
TITO59- The front of the seat will measure 6” across, the back of the seat will measure 5 5/8”.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Frankg, I hate to say this but parts RS1 are also incorrectly cut, they taper to "0" at the top. There is also no indication where the doubled RS1TC is located on RS1B.
Paul
Name: image.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 157.6 KB
Description: u
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:56 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,817 Posts
TITO59- I am very sorry to say that you are right about the rear seat frames RS1’s being wrong. I have checked and have the correct drawings posted as a PDF file for printing on 8 1/2” x 11” paper.

I can see now that rushing to get this kit to released, while I was ill was a real no-no, and can tell all of our customers that this will never happen again.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Tip to correct RS1

Plywood sheet S4 has the original parts for the front seat that were incorrectly sized. Frankg added a supplimental sheet with all the correct size parts for the front bench. I used parts RS2 (2) from original sheet S4 to make new RS1 parts for the rear seat. Print the cad drawing supplied by Frankg, carefully cut out one piece and trace on to the old RS2 pieces and cut to size.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,878 Posts
frankg is probably closed up and heading for high ground right now because of Hurricane Sandy.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Hi Frankg, any pdate on the new F6 Rib?

Thanks,
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Just realized I put F6 I meant the new F5.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:00 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito59 View Post
Hi Frankg, any pdate on the new F6 Rib?

Thanks,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1764832
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,817 Posts
I have just come back from the factory while trying to save some records and electronic equipment, with no luck and noticed, that with the rain coming down from the now coming NORTH EASTER, the sky lights are now leaking like nobody’s business. OH WELL, WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!!

While coming out of the door FED EX delivered the package of the revised LASER CUT FRAMES #F5 for the MISS SEVERN KITS. I am making the shipping labels for priority mail shipments to all those who have purchased the kit. I will get them mailed out by the end of the week.

Still have no power down in LONG BRANCH, SANDY must be the rotten daughter of MOTHER NATURE. Still waiting for FEMA to come for a look see.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
fed ex usually shows up, while we were doing our halloween night the fed ex man showed up at 8pm with an express box my wife had been waiting for, she quickly opened it and gave him one of the packs of very good chocolate from the order, told him, he won for best costume! hang in there frank,
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
89 Posts
Frankg, was just reading about the damage to the factory, Unbelievable. I'm glad you and the family are OK. Its been a tough couple of weeks with Sandy and the Nor'easter. wishing you all the very best.

Regards,

Paul
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, NY, Lockport
Joined Mar 2012
38 Posts
F5 Rework

Frankg:
Received Frame 5 in the mail today (11/13/12)
(NOTE: The new frame is not the same as the posted PDF file of the changed F5 frame)

I know it’s been a really a hard time for you, your family and the factory these past few weeks. I have been following on the RCGroups every day.

I have been working on the Miss Seven build since I have gone past being able to replace the new F5 frame. I have reworked the sides to take out the hour-glass shape but it does not have the same lines as the boat in the pictures of the build (referring to step # 62 picture) see my attached pictures of my rework
I hope this will all work out.
wshores is offline Find More Posts by wshores