HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
i also am building the epo version in orange.

they stuped to a new low on the instructions for that one....they took the usual photos of the wrong plane, coupled with text that makes no sense, then they shrunk them to thumbnail size, lol.
buddy says it flys well , so this weekend im gonna find out.

skull
skullhat is offline Find More Posts by skullhat
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:25 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullhat View Post
i also went with the power 46 after reading that the 60 doenst fit well, (tried one myself,and it dont)

its still a bit long for a close gap spinner as well. did you loose the x mount on the 46 as well?

im glad to read that yuo are having a good time flying the thing, 'cause with all this extra work, id b po'd if there was no pay out at the end, lol

i just got my ht 225 mg servos and they fit nicley. now all i gotta do is get this motor sorted out so i can assemble the thing

skull
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595626
With the power 46my spinner back plate was 15mm from the cowl. I cut out 13 mm if I remember correctly and still used xmount.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Last edited by gewiens; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
gewiens

thanks for the link, i did read that before, but must have forgotten. saved them for reference now,
also gonna go with the dual servos in the rear.

for those looking for that cool aluminum spinner tower hobbies has them in stock. other places said they did, but wound up not having them.

let me also re state what ive read here a few times.........none of the reccomended hardware fits. i had bought the reccomended kit as well, and the motor and servos are too big. just incase a new owner is scanning these posts for ideas, dont buy the kit

skull
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
United Kingdom, England, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
Just installed the Sk5055 motor, with no modification it fits perfectly compared to the G60. Anyone looking to install the G60 I wouldnt waste your time
3d3dman is offline Find More Posts by 3d3dman
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
what kind of wattage you pulling with that 5055 ?

funny that hk rec's the g60 on their site, but the intstruction for the plane rec the 5055.

im just gonna go with the the eflite,46 as i never have problems with their stuff, and modding the motor mount wont be that much trouble.

it would be nice if the guys at hk read the instructions for their kits before posting a list of reccomended accesorires though. even better if they assembled and testet them as well

still interested in how she flies withthe 5055, might have to build 2 and try that out as well

skull
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
I believe the wattage is 1580w....I flew the model last week with the sk5055 motor and it is a absolutely brilliant match compared to the g60..The G60 on 5S 4000mah is rubbish...With the Sk5055 it pulls more like an 90 size IC motor!!! I like the motor so much I have just bought another! Donít waste your time with the G60, too heavy and underpowered for this plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullhat View Post
what kind of wattage you pulling with that 5055 ?

funny that hk rec's the g60 on their site, but the intstruction for the plane rec the 5055.

im just gonna go with the the eflite,46 as i never have problems with their stuff, and modding the motor mount wont be that much trouble.

it would be nice if the guys at hk read the instructions for their kits before posting a list of reccomended accesorires though. even better if they assembled and testet them as well

still interested in how she flies withthe 5055, might have to build 2 and try that out as well

skull
Old May 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
cool, thantks. thats some serious power for sure. sounds like the ticket for guys who want a bolt in motor.

currently, im using my g60 as a paper wieght....its good at that.

skullhat
Old May 01, 2012, 11:44 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
If you want power out of that g60 you need to run it with a 16x10apc on 7s in another plane. Then it'll come to life and amps wil be at about 60. I run a eflite power60 on this config in my Goldberg bipe.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
anybody got a video yet.......i need motivavtion to finish my plane !!!

skullhat
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:40 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Progress

Hi all ! time for an update i think

I was away from the hobby for a little, spending time with my new son and doing a makeup to my workshop.
Just for comparation, this is my shop before :

Name: 20120409_175543 (Small).jpg
Views: 70
Size: 99.1 KB
Description: before

And this is after :

Name: 20120607_131626 (Small).jpg
Views: 60
Size: 77.2 KB
Description: after
Name: 20120607_131717 (Small).jpg
Views: 59
Size: 71.8 KB
Description: detail

Nice improvement uh ?

I still need to build a pegboard, then it's finished.

Ok but now... back to the Sbach ! I have some pictures to show.
FlyDave is offline Find More Posts by FlyDave
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:43 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Those Power HD servo's are just.... PERFECT for this airplane.

Mounted the servo's for the ailerons, and connected the ailerons with the arms included in the kit :

Name: DSCN0142 (Small).jpg
Views: 73
Size: 67.1 KB
Description:

Then i have mounted the rudder servo. Here i wanted to use one of the "wrong" servo's of my first order, too long for the tail but fit nice on it's place :

Name: DSCN0134 (Small).jpg
Views: 69
Size: 81.2 KB
Description:
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Pull Pull Rudder

Now... the time has come... for the scariest part, for me

Installing the pull-pull rudder.

First thing i had to do is finding the hole where the wire should exit from the fuselage, it is under the hole where you glue the stab :

Name: DSCN0133 (Small).jpg
Views: 57
Size: 52.0 KB
Description:

Then, i glued with epoxy the fiberglass horn on the rudder.
If you look with a light, you can see that there is 2 holes for the horn, i have choosed to use the most high, for better alignment with the exit hole.

Name: DSCN0135 (Small).jpg
Views: 58
Size: 71.1 KB
Description:

The manual ask for only 2 hinges on the upper side that support the rudder on the fuselage, i don't feel confident with that, so i've glued another hinge

Name: DSCN0137 (Small).jpg
Size: 59.2 KB
Description:

Ok now... on the wire. I have never used a pull-pull, i'm learning as i'm building, so please tell me if i've made something wrong.
This is how i have connected the wire :

Name: DSCN0136 (Small).jpg
Views: 63
Size: 41.9 KB
Description:

And here you see the rudder glued to the fuselage (with cyano), and the wire connected to the horn

Name: DSCN0143 (Small).jpg
Size: 66.0 KB
Description:

In the last pic for today, i tried to show the inside of the fuselage with the wire going to the rudder. I have a doubt if the wires should go straight or crossing, my personal preference is to cross the wires. Plenty of space here inside, i have just to be careful with the elevator servo cables to not interfere with the steel wire.

Name: DSCN0140 (Small).jpg
Views: 76
Size: 61.4 KB
Description:
Last edited by FlyDave; Jun 08, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Ok... unfortunately i lost some pictures, i show what i've saved.

The first try at the pull-pull system was a disaster, as expected
2nd try was better, but this time i haven't used the steel wire, but a Dacron wire (fishing wire).

I have mounted the 2 elevator servo's, the tailwheel and the horizontal stab.

Now... i have a doubt, i hope someone can help me :
- as i use 2 servo's for the elevator, is correct that the two elevator should be independent each other, or i still need to connect them with the metal join ?

Thanks
David
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
Quick Update - I have now flown my Sbach over 30 flights now - this is a brilliant model. Knife Edge, rolling circuits, Prop hanging, harriers - it can do it all. Some manoeuvres can be difficult at first but after a little practice she handles well. The elevator seems to be holding up well although I am running 2 servos and carbon struts even after pushing the model very hard.

The only BIG issue I have had is the catch on the canopy is not securing it down enough. Even after putting duct tape on the back of the canopy this evening it still managed to come off - this is the 3rd time this has happened. It seems that air is rushing through the gap between the canopy and the fuselage. The other issue is the undercarriage, the metal is weak and after a few harder landings it is starting to bend Ė carbon upgrade would be recommended
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
Hi Dave,

2 servos on the elevator and remove the metal rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
Ok... unfortunately i lost some pictures, i show what i've saved.

The first try at the pull-pull system was a disaster, as expected
2nd try was better, but this time i haven't used the steel wire, but a Dacron wire (fishing wire).

I have mounted the 2 elevator servo's, the tailwheel and the horizontal stab.

Now... i have a doubt, i hope someone can help me :
- as i use 2 servo's for the elevator, is correct that the two elevator should be independent each other, or i still need to connect them with the metal join ?

Thanks
David