HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
This is why I bought my servos after I got the plane. I knew this suggested size would be to big.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
This is why I bought my servos after I got the plane. I knew this suggested size would be to big.
You are right gewiens !

Ok... i give this airplane another chance to survive my destructive madness..

I have now ordered 4 servo's of this type :

Power HD 1207TG Digital Coreless Low Profile Metal Gear Servo

Operating Voltage: 4.8V / 6.0V
Operating Current: 300mA / 400mA
Operating Speed: 0.10sec.60/ 0.09sec.60
Stall Torque: 7.0kg.cm /8kg.cm
Size: 40.5X20.2X26.3mm
Weight: 48g
Dead Band: ≤2uSec
Motor: Coreless Type
Ball bearing: 2BB
Gear: Titanium
Connector wire: 300mm
Plug: JR Type
Operating Temperature Range: -20c+60c

Name: 0210010000712.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 14.9 KB
Description:

Reading the description they look like the right one's !!

300mm of cable should be enough for the ailerons and elevator distance without need of extensions.
Dimension are just perfect for my cut-outs, and the thickness of the servo that go inside the airplane is 16mm. I have measured 42mm of free space on the back of the airplane, so i have 10mm of gap for the push-pull of the rudder.
And they also are surely perfect for the ailerons, leaving 9mm of gap with the up covering.

Total price for 4x servo's : 112$ + shipping.

If I'm wrong, I will publish a movie with the barbecue i will do with this airplane
FlyDave is offline Find More Posts by FlyDave
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:54 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Aren't those to long?
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:59 AM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Quote:
Aren't those to long?
Nope gewiens, cut-outs on my sbach are 41x21mm , with those servo's i have 0.5mm of gap that's perfect.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
nice pics , and info so far.......hows's it comong along?

i'd sure like to see some pics of the pull pull rudder install. instructions don even mention it, lol

ms
skullhat is offline Find More Posts by skullhat
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:24 AM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullhat View Post
nice pics , and info so far.......hows's it comong along?

i'd sure like to see some pics of the pull pull rudder install. instructions don even mention it, lol

ms
Hi skullhat,

i am waiting the new servo's that fit my cut-outs, then i will continue the construction.

Yeah... the manual doesn't mention anything about the pull-pull, this is also why i wait until the end to assemble it ehehe...
I have never used a pull pull and it is a first time for me.

Things goes more worse because on the rudder there is 2 holes (one up one lower) and i'm not sure yet which one i need to use.
Also i don't know where to exit with the wire.

Well... i try and will show here the results, maybe someone can help me on this phase.

Dave
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:29 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
I can't post pics now but if you go to eflites website and pull up the extra 300 manual you can look at how its done there. Pretty much the easiest way i can tell you right now,lol. Good pics in that from what i can remember and it is easy to do. Just don't rush it and get your lengths right before you cut the cables.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
Hi skullhat,

i am waiting the new servo's that fit my cut-outs, then i will continue the construction.

Yeah... the manual doesn't mention anything about the pull-pull, this is also why i wait until the end to assemble it ehehe...
I have never used a pull pull and it is a first time for me.

Things goes more worse because on the rudder there is 2 holes (one up one lower) and i'm not sure yet which one i need to use.
Also i don't know where to exit with the wire.

Well... i try and will show here the results, maybe someone can help me on this phase.

Dave

thanks for the reply......i too, are awaiting another servo order, as i ordered the reccomended ones, and feel they are too large ,and heavy.

i put a pull pull in a precision areobatic extra 260. it works well, and keeps the tail light. odd that the model doesnt come with some type of pics, or instructions.

i dont see it being all that hard, but it seems that every time i go through the trouble to figure something out on a kit, i then read here how some one did it better and faster........so, i think im gonna wait and see how guys are doing it to this plane before i find out it was better to just mount the servo in the tail, lol

skull
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jul 2010
38 Posts
how did u find the quality of this plane
i think about 30cc spach from this brand ?
is it trully covered by Oracover as they clame ?!
sheko_2000 is offline Find More Posts by sheko_2000
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Had the exact same problem Dave, bought the servos and motor off the combo section as it advertised the parts as "buy the essential items and save" - I complained and hobby king say this comment is based on General hobby essential items and not relevant to the model which is complete load of rubbish.

Anyway, I have flown the model with the G60 and I was very disapointed with the performance on 5s 4000mah so I have changed the motor for an SK5055 580kv. Hopefully this motor should be a better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
Grrrrrrr.....

Today i received my servo's.

I don't know who is the i*iot who has suggested those item's on HK, but they are totally wrong !!

The servo's are too thick and they don't fit the elevator mounting holes, nor the aileron's holes that are 25mm thick.
Another bunch of money gone to the wc....

I can't find servo's that have the correct size and that fit the thickness, so i think i must modify the holes making some adapters and using smaller servo's.

Now i remember also why i hate those damn ARF's... you have always something to modify to make it fly..

I'm sorry but i can't update this thread until i find a economical solution, i have already spent too much for this thing.

Another lesson learned : NEVER thrust your vendor (especially chinese ones..)
3d3dman is offline Find More Posts by 3d3dman
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:13 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
My power 46 670kv moves on 5s and with 6s it's crazy. I can't get over how nice this plane flys.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
My power 46 670kv moves on 5s and with 6s it's crazy. I can't get over how nice this plane flys.
Gewiens how does it compare to your Extra 300, looking at flight performance, sturdiness and overall material quality?

I just bought an e-flite Extra 300, but I am also looking for an Sbach.... maybe this should be the one?

Cheers...... ex300
ex300 is offline Find More Posts by ex300
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex300 View Post
Gewiens how does it compare to your Extra 300, looking at flight performance, sturdiness and overall material quality?

I just bought an e-flite Extra 300, but I am also looking for an Sbach.... maybe this should be the one?

Cheers...... ex300
I just back from another 4 flights on it. I like this one better than the extra. As far as build quality, I see no issues at all. Landing is awesome with it also. Glides in where you want it every time. It's my favorite airplane to fly in my fleet of 15 hands down. I don't do 3d flying but I do fly it like its stolen a lot of the times. Lots of high speed flight on her and looks like the first day I took it out. Landing gear is holding perfect also which makes me happy. So far I'm at about 75 flights on it. One more thing that has impressed me. I fly off a lot of gravel. All be it pretty smooth, I have yet to have to tighten the wheel pants and there are no cracks. Usually all my other planes would have had to be glued at the cracks or tightened up. On my eflite extra for instance, I had to tighten and epoxy after about 10 flights.
Last edited by gewiens; Apr 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:57 AM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
Hi all,

sorry that i'm not updating this thread.
I have received the servo's 2 days ago, and will continue asap this build log.

The problem is that with 2 son's, one is 1 month old, the time for the hobby is like finding gold...

I hope to be able to continue this afternoon so i can post some pictures.

Dave
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
i also went with the power 46 after reading that the 60 doenst fit well, (tried one myself,and it dont)

its still a bit long for a close gap spinner as well. did you loose the x mount on the 46 as well?

im glad to read that yuo are having a good time flying the thing, 'cause with all this extra work, id b po'd if there was no pay out at the end, lol

i just got my ht 225 mg servos and they fit nicley. now all i gotta do is get this motor sorted out so i can assemble the thing

skull