HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Help!
my zhegrun z series is acting weird

my Z008 not staying level ive tried everything ive trimmed it tried the shafts but its still not staying level i think it may be the gyro i only got it yesterday, please help
storm2366 is offline Find More Posts by storm2366
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Is this your helicopter?

ZHENGRUN Model (Z008) Z-Series Z008 Infarared 4CH with Gyroscopes System Helicopter RTF
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=9822

The gyro should control rotation - keeps the helicopter from spinning.

Staying level means one of the side motors is not right if leaning to the side.

Or

The rear horizontal rotor isn't operating enough to keep the helicopter from tilting forward or backward.

You have to inspect the motors closely to look for something wrong.

Most likely it is a battery problem, so be sure that you are charging the battery correctly. A Li-PO 3.7V 180mAh battery isn't very big and may only last 5 or 6 minutes.

Also make sure the main rotors turn freely with no binding or bad spots as you turn them. Check that the screws holding the main rotors on the shaft are not loose.

You should reply with what you mean by not level - is it tilting to the side or just going crazy in all directions.

Sunlight will cause it to do strange things. Also maybe other lights, as from a television or heater.

Look for plastic links that are not on the balls (as from the flybar on the top to the blades below). Blowing at the flybar on top should make it move. Tapping it should make the flybar bounce up and down several times. If not, try to find what is keeping it from moving freely.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Mar 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM.