SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:29 PM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Discussion
Lipo/Life, Lost parcels and Lots of worry.

Hi,

I'm currently going through a "HobbyKing lost parcel runaround" I knew there was a Lipo problem between Hong Kong and Australia but just realised I ordered a LIFE battery. Would this come under the same ruling? If it does it could explain why my parcel has gone walkies.

One other thing, I read on this forum last week about a member losing his HK parcel which was sent SpeedPost. For the first time ever my parcel was also sent Speedpost and for 7 days the tracking details were "In transit from origin" After 7 days they hadn't even got the parcel from Hong Kong to Singapore.

I then bit the bullet and went Live chat with HK and got the usual stock answers "Check your Post Office" and "Check with customs" but after more questions I was given an entirely different tracking number which belongs to an Australian Airline freight company. Firstly parcels from overseas arriving at Brisbane or Sydney are transported via road to their destination definitely not airmail. I have a feeling I've just been fed another dose of HK stock answers.

Has anyone else had problems with Speedpost and why the sudden switch from the normally reliable Hong Kong International freight. Also I paid for EMS and it's now been 12 days since it was posted by HK.

I know you've all probably heard it all before but I'm a disabled war vet (Nam) and $251.00 is not something I can afford to lose. I wonder if Paypal will help out? To top things off a friend asked me to include a few items for him as well. Now I have to pay him back. After hearing other HK buyers saying things like "I've been waiting 4 months for a refund" and "HK has been giving me the runaround for 6 months" I'm honestly very worried and sick to the stomach. I can't sleep and it's not doing me any good health wise. My wife is talking banning me from using the Internet to buy from but the closest Hobby Shop is too far for me to travel to.She only has to unplug my cable and there's nothing I can do about it. She's not that bad, she doesn't like to see me get upset.
cr2o3 is offline Find More Posts by cr2o3
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:30 AM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Try posing your concerns in the Vendor Talk. Lots of threads about HK for your reading enjoyment

http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,650 Posts
Trader Rating: 176
Bummer...Shipping screwups can be very depressing...hopefully its just sitting in Customs somewhere....and they might wakeup and actually git it back in transit..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
Australia, NSW, Narrabri
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I certainly hope so Billy. Sorry about posting in the wrong place Doubledog.
cr2o3 is offline Find More Posts by cr2o3