Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
Discussion
Disappointed in RF6

I recently bought a new RF6 sim off this forum to replace my old Gen.2 version. Certainly the graphics are better, and there are lots more planes and airports, but the planes don't seem to fly more realistically and the landings are much less realistic. The other night I was flying a Yak-54 low and inverted. As I rolled out I touched a wing tip on the ground and it tore off -- but I was able to continue flying and then landed just fine!!! I could never have done that on Gen.2, or with a real rc plane. And yes, I have the sim set to "realistic". Landings are much easier on this new sim. I can have very, very hard landings without crashing the plane. It is far too easy to land, which takes away any satisfaction I would feel when I have some especially great landings.
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I'm curious what the purpose of your thread is. Are you asking for help? I see no questions. Are you trying to dissuade people from buying RF6? I've seen alot of people who like 6 much better than previous versions, including myself.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
I'm curious as to the purpose of your response. Are you trying to say that I should not share my critical observations with the forum?? Do you have some vested interest that I have threatened with my critique?
Frankly, I think forum members welcome honest critique. I know I do. I would prefer making informed decisions about whether a product will suit me.

As to your question: I am hoping someone has also had this problem, and can tell me what is wrong with my sim. After all, when a plane gets a wing ripped off and you can still fly and land, then something is wrong with the sim!! I never had this problem with my old generation 2 sim. Also flying is easier with the new sim. Stalls were more abrupt and required more altitude to recover from in generation 2. These observations apply to the sport planes I mostly fly, such as Extras, etc. Today a friend who has never flown before made a couple of especially hard landings, plowing the plane long distances, almost on its nose, yet it was still able to take right off again! So, yes I'm not happy with it.
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,139 Posts
Since you are new to the forum, I can tell you that Jeff is biased towards RF. He post anytime he feels like it, for no apparent reasons and with nothing to say. Your best bet is to ignore him.
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You are trying to look for something in my post that simply isn't there. I said nothing to indicate that you shouldn't share your "critical observations" with the forum. I have no "vested interest that you have threatened with your critique?" (But there are people who do.) To be honest, your "honest critique" comes off (to me, anyway) as somebody who doesn't know how to set up a sim in order to get the most realistic experience from it, or somebody associated with another sim (like Stefan) who feels threatened by the existence of other sims, and wants to try to badmouth them out of existence.

As for your second post, you finally did state the reason for your thread: you are hoping for help. Which plane are you having issues with? You mentioned a Yak-54, but which one? Is it a stock plane, a user contributed plane, where did you get it?

Tech support is always an option. Give them a call. http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
Your best bet is to ignore him.
Take your own advice, Stefan.

Since you are new to the forum, I can tell you that skirtz is biased towards ClearView. He post anytime he feels like it, for no apparent reasons and with nothing to say, except to push his product in this forum for free. He uses the argument that he generates views for RCG, but he should be a site sponsor like everybody else. Your best bet is to ignore him.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
OH Boy
here we go again

Boy Jeff you don't like it when someone expresses their feelings about your beloved sim do ya
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:20 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Rogue, you are also trying to look for something in my post that simply isn't there.

1g1, Yeah! It's about time somebody came forth and said what you did! Right on, brotha!! RF is the most awful sim in the world! It's broke beyond repair. Any sim would be better than RF. You are a fool to have bought it. I was duped, too. I feel for you!

Better?

Don't try to help people who have issues with RF. Message received. Sorry I bothered, boys.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:18 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Oh it's there you are just in denial about it
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Yes sir.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:53 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
you mean "whatever" don't ya
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
To those who think forums are filled with "hate" or "attacks": RT's posts are not hate, nor an attack. He's just being an ass, that's all.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
I think being a smart ass is more like it
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Sep 2008
149 Posts
1g1,

Was it the stock Yak in RF6 and if so which one? There are several stock versions (Yak-54, Yak-54 3D and the Russian Thunder.) I'm not sure actually if the Yak-54 and Yak-54 3D are separate models still and I'm not at my PC to check.

I personally haven't noticed this behavior in RF6 and I try to rip my wings off all the time--usually on posts or other airport objects. I've only seen the same behavior of one-winged airplanes in RF6 which I've seen going back all versions to G4.5 when I first got into Realflight. I can still fly around sometimes but on the side with the remaining wing sticking up and flying knife edge back to the runway.

The only aircraft I know of that flies with no problems having wings (both actually) ripped off is my Rockwell B-1B Lancer EA. I think the fuselage is so flat and the designated airfoils I assigned cause the fuselage to act like a wing. The elevator surfaces move independently and act like flaperons so you can fly around for a while and land with no issues. This behavior was a mistake on my part which I will eventually address for my own purposes. I'm only mentioning my B-1B because it flies around without main wings no problem and it is a user created model (created by me).

Let us know exactly which Yak-54 you were flying and I'd like to see if I can replicate the problem. If I can't maybe you can post more info if I or someone else can think of anything that might be relevant info.
mwilson914 is offline Find More Posts by mwilson914
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:27 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
This also happens in the phoenix sim with the Cap its actual quite fun to fly with half a wing :P
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
LOL quite amusing.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem