Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Discussion
Conservatives Understand Liberals, but Liberals Don't Understand Conservatives

Links presented without comment, and no comment is needed.

Both offer research and books on the thread title, and both go a long way to explain what goes on here in LTUP and elsewhere in society.

Link 1: http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Conser...-Conservatives

Link 2: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/467716.html
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
I most certainly do understand liberals. I also understand conservatives. i hate it when you understanders make claims of not understanding. I am a rabid understander
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
If I wanna determine who is the liberal in an argument, i usually look for the first occurrence of the words "so you think". that's usually my first indicator
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
umm.... self-described conservatives quoted in both links? I'm not persuaded, sorry HF.
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Did you not understand what they said?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:22 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
Actually, it's quite obvious that liberals understand conservatives more than vice-versa:

Liberals think that conservatives (in general) are anti-abortion, anti-woman and anti-minority. All of which is true of most (not all) of them.

Conservatives think liberals are Communists, despite the fact most despise Communism.

QED
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Did you not understand what they said?

well, what they said, yes.... what they might have been thinking, not so certain
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:48 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Actually, it's quite obvious that liberals understand conservatives more than vice-versa:

Liberals think that conservatives (in general) are anti-abortion, anti-woman and anti-minority. All of which is true of most (not all) of them.

Conservatives think liberals are Communists, despite the fact most despise Communism.

QED
Sure, these things are 'true' from a liberal's relativistic viewpoint, because for them social order and power flows from the State, not individuals. Thus if you do not support the State coercing individuals on what some want for woman, well obviously you are anti woman. The same for minorities.

It's curious to despise communism while making the social and economic arguments rooted in it.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Sure, these things are 'true' from a liberal's relativistic viewpoint, because for them social order and power flows from the State, not individuals. Thus if you do not support the State coercing individuals on what some want for woman, well obviously you are anti woman. The same for minorities.

It's curious to despise communism while making the social and economic arguments rooted in it.
What's curious is that some need to label people and name call names because they don't fit into a black and white political framework. Very curious...the us vs. them attitude here and in this country is a joke. The people that believe it are a joke and those that teach it are the true evil in this country. Turn off the Fox News and MSNbc people...
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Well MSNBC anyway

Cause FOX is equal time
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Well MSNBC anyway

Cause FOX is equal time
See case in point, thanks for proving my point, you can't even open your eyes to see that there is no way in Hell that Fox is fair and balanced. You can't even entertain the thought because of the blinders. Whew... Difference between John Steward and Fox is Steward admits he has a bias.
Jon Stewart Vs. Chris Wallace On Fox Bias (CQB 241) (14 min 57 sec)
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
I must admit I have a hard time understanding how liberals think the way they do. But then again I tend to think logically and do not generally let emotion and 'feelings' play a role in my decision making process.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:28 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl View Post
See case in point, thanks for proving my point, you can't even open your eyes to see that there is no way in Hell that Fox is fair and balanced. You can't even entertain the thought because of the blinders. Whew... Difference between John Steward and Fox is Steward admits he has a bias.

Yep, I'm a goofy rube that takes everything FOX says as the Gospel
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl View Post
See case in point..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post

QED
No, THERE'S your "case in point" following right after your declaration of "case in point".
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Scary how some believe in the polarized positions of others