SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
The kits should come with servo horns, linkage rods, and detailed step by step instructions. I dont mind drilling out the holes to the correct size but my gimbal goes max one way but only half way the opposite way because of my linkage im assuming, but it is all i have and I have no idea what I need. I would happily pay more to get instructions, and what I listed above..Basically a bolt/drill together kit with all necessary hardware, just supply servos and go.
I have to agree, I don't mind DIY and I had no issues putting the medium landing gear together. The gimbal on the other hand I feel was poorly represented on their site, what was needed to complete it etc. I had the same experience as others, nice products but very poor product support materials or reference. I shouldn't have to visit a product's Facebook page to find out more about it or learn how it goes together.

Although the medium landing gear and gimbal I bought were a good value for the money, the somewhat cold post purchase experience was enough to sway me not to get the flame gear this time around. I went completely DIY for the F450 and I am glad I did.

I'm also glad to hear X468 will be transitioning to a more R&D and production role going forward, it might be the best way to get their good products out and match it with the quality support of their distributors.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
This is great news. Take some of the load off the guys over a x468. I know this is happening with Askman and with DragonLink (well he is getting more help)

It seems that having someone else handle distribution = faster service and better products since both teams can focus on their position in the supply chain.

hope to see great things and I hope you guys do well in the business!

Looking forward to seeing the build log (which I will stop posting nonsense so this can get back to being one )
You can post all you want. Thats why I reserved the 1st 4 posts for the build.
BTW I will also be selling the new Askman Gimbal that he and Gary are designing. I shipped G this frame-> http://rc-drones.com/H6-650-Hexacopter.php and they are gonna design a plate for mounting it to my Hexas.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
that will be cool, i just used some 1/8" G10 from mastercarr to mount mine to the bottom my my rc-carbon Y-6

i need to slim my adapter down a bit as it is just a large rectangle with some bolt holes in it....

this is a good time for us who fly multirotors and want a stabilized mount. we have more and more options at better prices....
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
I have to agree, I don't mind DIY and I had no issues putting the medium landing gear together. The gimbal on the other hand I feel was poorly represented on their site, what was needed to complete it etc. I had the same experience as others, nice products but very poor product support materials or reference. I shouldn't have to visit a product's Facebook page to find out more about it or learn how it goes together.

Although the medium landing gear and gimbal I bought were a good value for the money, the somewhat cold post purchase experience was enough to sway me not to get the flame gear this time around. I went completely DIY for the F450 and I am glad I did.

I'm also glad to hear X468 will be transitioning to a more R&D and production role going forward, it might be the best way to get their good products out and match it with the quality support of their distributors.
All I will ask is anyone who had a bad experience with X468 products or was thinking of buying but decided not to that you give X468 a chance to prove that we will listen to our customers and make improvements.
First step is to make a better manual and it will be on my page and the "NEW" X468 home page and NOT FB.
Next I will be speaking with the guys about including ALL the hardware needed to build the both FlameGear models.
I am confident you guys will see many improvements coming up as it will be easier as others have mentioned for X468 to to focus and R&D, product improvement and the overall look of the company(Website,manuals, etc...)
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:01 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
All I will ask is anyone who had a bad experience with X468 products or was thinking of buying but decided not to that you give X468 a chance to prove that we will listen to our customers and make improvements.
First step is to make a better manual and it will be on my page and the "NEW" X468 home page and NOT FB.
Next I will be speaking with the guys about including ALL the hardware needed to build the both FlameGear models.
I am confident you guys will see many improvements coming up as it will be easier as others have mentioned for X468 to to focus and R&D, product improvement and the overall look of the company(Website,manuals, etc...)
thanks for the work, their products look very nice.

I might be in the market for the gopro mount soon.....
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
729 Posts
Tony,

It sounds like you and them have a good handle on what changes are needed going forward to really bring X468 to it's potential. You hit the nail on the head with every one of those improvements.

It's always refreshing when a company shows that they care about their customers and are listening. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jul 2006
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
Tony,

It sounds like you and them have a good handle on what changes are needed going forward to really bring X468 to it's potential. You hit the nail on the head with every one of those improvements.

It's always refreshing when a company shows that they care about their customers and are listening. Thanks.
We are looking forward to it, as well.

Background - Feb 2011 to present:
This all started as a hobby for me and then I met Mike. He had some ideas, I had some ideas, and we were off. Well, fast forward a year and we started noticing the 'spikes/surges' were becoming the norm. We were growing. Quickly.

Mike and I listened to folks the best that we could. Things like maintaining a website vs. attending your daughter's first basketball game or going out of town to visit family members for the weekend, became a major decision. I won't lie. At times, Mike and I did nothing but eat, sleep, and dream copter designs, part sourcing, prototyping, and milling. We didn't even have time to speak on the phone until we were 8-10 months into it. (True story)

Did things get ignored? No, they were given a lower priority. Unfortunately, higher priority things were always being added. Regardless of a site that is confusing, or a 'short kit' that could be better, it really is enough to eat all of our free time. Any more demand and we would fail, miserably! Keep in mind, there are two 40-60 hour jobs, and full families, and 20 year marriages in there. haha It's even more crazy when you think that improving something you're doing will have a negative on your life.

Why am I saying all that? I don't know. Maybe to tell a bit of our side of the story. Maybe to make excuses. Maybe to show that we care about making you guys happy, more than our families, at times. Or it's just reasonable to explain our decision to partner with Tony and RC-Drones. Simply put, we recognize that without someone like Tony, taking care of business, we will never have time to address many of the things you fine folks have brought up. Believe me, it ain't the first time we've heard it either.

So, there you have it. Mike and I are excited about what the future may bring. To us and everyone else.

Tony, sorry to hi-jack.

Take care guys,
Matt
mattgatten is offline Find More Posts by mattgatten
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
729 Posts
Matt,

I just want to clarify that I am completely satisfied with your products, and I want to see your company thrive. For a business being run in your spare time, a quick growth spurt can be a double edged sword. They don't call them growing "pains" for nothing :P

Looking forward to seeing how the new partnership lets you grow the brand.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Matt thanks for the reply. I think tour story is a common one in this hobby. I know dragonlink is in the same boat.

Thank you for the development of new products which push our industry forward.

I appreciate knowing the story of the guys I am buying my gear from, it is what makes this hobby different than buying gear at a store.

Sorry for being negative, i hope that the new arrangement will allow you more time for family and allow your business to continue to grow!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Jul 2006
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
Matt thanks for the reply. I think tour story is a common one in this hobby. I know dragonlink is in the same boat.

Thank you for the development of new products which push our industry forward.

I appreciate knowing the story of the guys I am buying my gear from, it is what makes this hobby different than buying gear at a store.

Sorry for being negative, i hope that the new arrangement will allow you more time for family and allow your business to continue to grow!
Don't apologize! I was being a smarta**, for the most part. I am actually a web master / software engineer in my full-time job and what is simple to me, may not be the case for others. LOL I"m not the best guage of user experience either. It's like folks say about other careers. The mechanic has the worst looking/running car because he's wore out working on everyone else's. Same goes for my multicopter fleet. It was exactly zero for the first year. It took Mike building me one and sending it to me. That's how dedicated to my part of this, I was/am. Maybe too dedicated.

Back to the build, Tony!

Thanks again,
Matt
mattgatten is offline Find More Posts by mattgatten
Last edited by mattgatten; Mar 29, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,197 Posts
Finally have it finished. See pics on 1st page. Looks like I have the correct size link and ball set narrowed down. I am using the stock link for my Rave 450 with a little longer screw for the ball that mounts to the LG. This way I could attach a nut. Once we get some in stock in a week or 2 we will include them with all FlameGear kits.
Will start on the new F450 build and once finished will update pics here.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,073 Posts
The "New" Manual should be ready very soon - Tony is proofing it and I hope to have it uploaded to his site in the next day or two - Sorry for the delay - As Matt mentioned this is done all in our spare time once our day jobs are finished. The manual covers both the Standard NAZA and the XT versions. I have tried to make it very easy to follow with lots of pictures and step by step. Thanks for your understanding on this matter - The manual is my method for building the components and is by no means the only way it can be done. Newly revised kits will have all holes precut (lots less drilling to assemble) and will include aball linkage for Roll - Please remember this is still a hobby and it does require some effort on your part. Small filing and trimming is still required.
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
...- Please remember this is still a hobby and it does require some effort on your part. Small filing and trimming is still required.
As they say around here..."Hobby Up, Dude."
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Mar 2008
151 Posts
So I'm looking to pickup a landing gear/gopro camera mount from you guys...im currently using a F450 frame but intend to eventually upgrade to a hexa F550.

I like that the kit will bolt on to either frame (meaning i dont have to go backwards and buy ANOTHER mount kit.)

My question regards the regular version and the XT version. the only difference is that that XT is taller to accommodate larger cameras correct?
h00t is offline Find More Posts by h00t
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h00t View Post
So I'm looking to pickup a landing gear/gopro camera mount from you guys...im currently using a F450 frame but intend to eventually upgrade to a hexa F550.

I like that the kit will bolt on to either frame (meaning i dont have to go backwards and buy ANOTHER mount kit.)

My question regards the regular version and the XT version. the only difference is that that XT is taller to accommodate larger cameras correct?
There are holes to mount either the F450 or F550 so yes you can switch back and forth. The XT is taller and the cam mount is bigger.
Site Sponsor