HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:57 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Oldenzaal
Joined Jul 2010
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
glad to see you picking up sales for the x468, their site is confusing..... at best
Thats one of the reasons I have not ordered something there jet!!
D-OCHO is offline Find More Posts by D-OCHO
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,075 Posts
Quote:
glad to see you picking up sales for the x468, their site is confusing..... at best
Thanks
I designed my site for easy navigation and speedy checkout. I did a test and can place an order in less than 1 minute. Just add to cart and checkout. No signing up or getting shipping estimates cus under $50 is only $5 for Priority 2-3 day mail and over $50 is free Priority Mail.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puget Sound Flyer View Post
Do you know the mounting plate dimensions?
I've been looking to mod this to fit the VC 450 Quad.
The mount fits the VC450 and 550 -
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
ShOP loCAL FaRMers
Caffe-nation
Joined Jan 2004
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
The mount fits the VC450 and 550 -
Thank you.
Puget Sound Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Puget Sound Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Jul 2006
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-OCHO View Post
Thats one of the reasons I have not ordered something there jet!!
I can see that. It's so hard to find 'online store' then click 'add to cart'. LOL!

Thanks Tony, for making our site look bad!

Take care,
Matt
mattgatten is offline Find More Posts by mattgatten
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,075 Posts
Got some goodies for the build today.
I just got a Castle Programmable BEC so I can power the servos off that and can also program the BEC for 6v so the servos will run faster.
The servos are SH-026MG and have Aluminum center(see pic)so they will run cooler.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:34 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgatten View Post
I can see that. It's so hard to find 'online store' then click 'add to cart'. LOL!

Thanks Tony, for making our site look bad!

Take care,
Matt
no hard feelings, but when i first got into RC and multirotors I was looking for a simple frame and landing gear to start with and I chose a competitor due to 2 things..... neither of which was the product....

The x468 website had basically 0 pictures, it has some CG images, almost no information and finding where to actually add to cart was poor. It is better now and more streamlined.... new assembly diagrams and rendered image links at the product link has basically remedied the prior issue

The other issue I had was I could not tell what I was buying. The details of the items were weak.... lack of a detailed parts lists, pictures of actual parts, list of needed parts to complete. (most have been updated and added now)

I am sure that part of this is on purpose as I understand this is a hobbyist product and requires some DIY skills. But I found purchasing from a competitor was easier and I knew exactly what I was buying.

I was and I am interested in your products and I know this is not your full time job, so no big deal.... I was just happy to see someone else help out with distribution to perhaps take that off your hands and free you guys up for development and the other parts of your lives.

Thanks for what you guys have done for the hobby and continue to push forward on new developments. You new gimbal system for the naza kits look very nice and at a great price.

Again, no malice intent here just expressing my experience.

Best of luck to all of you
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Last edited by Adidas4275; Mar 28, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:16 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Quote:
no hard feelings, but when i first got into RC and multirotors I was looking for a simple frame and landing gear to start with and I chose a competitor due to 2 things..... neither of which was the product....

The x468 website had basically 0 pictures, it has some CG images, almost no information and finding where to actually add to cart was poor. It is better now and more streamlined.... new assembly diagrams and rendered image links at the product link has basically remedied the prior issue

The other issue I had was I could not tell what I was buying. The details of the items were weak.... lack of a detailed parts lists, pictures of actual parts, list of needed parts to complete. (most have been updated and added now)

I am sure that part of this is on purpose as I understand this is a hobbyist product and requires some DIY skills. But I found purchasing from a competitor was easier and I knew exactly what I was buying.

I was and I am interested in your products and I know this is not your full time job, so no big deal.... I was just happy to see someone else help out with distribution to perhaps take that off your hands and free you guys up for development and the other parts of your lives.

Thanks for what you guys have done for the hobby and continue to push forward on new developments. You new gimbal system for the naza kits look very nice and at a great price.

Again, no malice intent here just expressing my experience.

Best of luck to all of you

I also ordered the X468 landing gear to fit in my F550 project. But the website is really messy as you said.
I even sent an email about the website design before placing my order, I was really lost there!
Long after I placed the order I realized the kit doesn't seems to come with all the bits needed to build it, what I think is a shame because it was not what I expected or was looking for.

Hope they will improve it soon!

On the other hand Tony's website is looking really clean and straight forward.
Good job Tony!

Anyway I'm waiting to receive my X468 landing gear to start building it and see how it goes on the F550. When I decipher all the info about the gimbal I plan to order it too. But Brazilian customs are now holding delivery for around 6-10 weeks after it gets into Brazil! We are now economically strong but still politically retarded! Specially when charging 60-100% import taxes on all products! Unfortunately few people here can order anything outside form China if they can't declare a lower value as they do there all the time!

But while I'm waiting I'm keeping an eye here in this thread for good building tips.

How is your build going Tony?
Those Savoy servos are doing good with the X468 gimbal?
Keep us informed please!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Mar 28, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
I also ordered the X468 landing gear to fit in my F550 project. But the website is really messy as you said.
I even sent an email about the website design before placing my order, I was really lost there!
Long after I placed the order I realized the kit doesn't seems to come with all the bits needed to build it, what I think is a shame because it was not what I expected or was looking for.

Hope they will improve it soon!

On the other hand Tony's website is looking really clean and straight forward.
Good job Tony!

Anyway I'm waiting to receive my X468 landing gear to start building it and see how it goes on the F550. When I decipher all the info about the gimbal I plan to order it too. But Brazilian customs are now holding delivery for around 6-10 weeks after it gets into Brazil! We are now economically strong but still politically retarded! Specially when charging 60-100% import taxes on all products! Unfortunately few people here can order anything outside form China if they can't declare a lower value as they do there all the time!

But while I'm waiting I'm keeping an eye here in this thread for good building tips.

How is your build going Tony?
Those Savoy servos are doing good with the X468 gimbal?
Keep us informed please!
I just got the servos late today so havent got any farther.
What parts do you think the mount does not come with?
They are complete.

Also X468 is getting out of the retail end to focus on R&D and production. I will be stay on as a dealer but also take care of all distribution to all other dealers. Soon the X468 FlameGear will not be able to be ordered from them direct.
I will be looking for dealers in every country to make it easier to get this gear in buyers hands.
If anyone knows an International dealer or in the USA please have them contact me.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,227 Posts
It doesnt come with the servo linkage rod for the one servo...Also, maybe a printed manual would help lol. I am attempting to put mine together as I type this and it is confusing to say the least. As far as how the mount attaches to the landing gear and the camera plate to the gimbal.
Twister773 is online now Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,075 Posts
You can use the diagram on my site-> http://rc-drones.com/NazaFlame-Landinggear.php
Or if you want the ability to enlarge it go to the X468 FB page-> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0090629&type=3
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,227 Posts
Thanks tony but that doesn't help me for how the servos connect to the tilt and roll of the gimbal. The arm gets put on the servo then a bolt through the gimbal to the servo arm? Then the upper servo with the short linkage should be more self explanatory I'm thinking
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:09 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Also X468 is getting out of the retail end to focus on R&D and production. I will be stay on as a dealer but also take care of all distribution to all other dealers.

This is great news. Take some of the load off the guys over a x468. I know this is happening with Askman and with DragonLink (well he is getting more help)

It seems that having someone else handle distribution = faster service and better products since both teams can focus on their position in the supply chain.

hope to see great things and I hope you guys do well in the business!

Looking forward to seeing the build log (which I will stop posting nonsense so this can get back to being one )
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:13 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
You are right Adidas, but before we leave the website design ground I would like to clear few things about X468 products line.

Today I spent some more time on their site trying to figure out everything.

I now realized I ordered the X468 standard landing gear but this thread seems to be only about the FlameGEAR, correct?

And it seems there is not only one, but 2 FlameGEAR models, normal and XT.

The normal one:
Seems made to carry specifically a GoPro without case, correct?

And the XT:
To carry other cameras, probably a GoPro with waterproof case and maybe a Sony Nex-5n or Nex-7 with lense?

Is any of the FlameGEAR models the same landing gear as the X468 standard, only with a different camera mount? Or is it a completely different product?

Would be possible to fit the FlameGEAR camera mounts (normal and/or XT) to my Standard X468 landing gear? Or only the X468 medium camera mount will fit in that ?

Even if they do not fit to Standad X468 landing gear the FlameGEAR camera mounts doesn't seem to be sold separately!
Why?
With time people will eventually crash and need replacement parts, isn't it?

And to clear another doubt, the Standard X468 landing gear comes with all the screws, bits and pieces needed to build it and fix it to multi-rotor frames?

Shame I don't live near you guys, I would make some really nice professional studio pictures of the hole products line in exchange for some products!

I'm waiting some capital to invest, but I think that apart from making aerial videos I will want to resell and maybe even distribute some Multi-rotors products here in Brazil.
I love this things!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Last edited by Velociraptor73; Mar 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:28 AM
Private Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
1,227 Posts
The kits should come with servo horns, linkage rods, and detailed step by step instructions. I dont mind drilling out the holes to the correct size but my gimbal goes max one way but only half way the opposite way because of my linkage im assuming, but it is all i have and I have no idea what I need. I would happily pay more to get instructions, and what I listed above..Basically a bolt/drill together kit with all necessary hardware, just supply servos and go.