HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfixitman View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and this chopper (QS8006), but after doing a few mods have a question. Much like everyone I have expierience the power drops while flying. After reading some posts I have replaced the slider switch with a micro toggle, and had to replace my board after buring it up prior to that. Since doing both I have noticed that this thing now goes into wild spinning turns if I give it a left or right bump on the controller?? Has anyone else expierienced this?

I'm not sure if the new board is giving way more power than the last one, or the new toggle switch is??? Or could I have motor problems? Odd...
Hi jmfixitman,
I had the same wild steering problem on my Qs8006 and it was caused by a defective PCB board. (I had bought it on eBay a couple months back and the board was defective from day one). The defective board caused a super fast, super sensitive type steering and made the helicopter extremely hard to control compared to a good working PCB board. All I had to do was barely touch the steering joystick and the helicopter would snap turn hyper fast and send the helicopter heading in the wrong direction. At the time I immediately contacted the seller (located in China) about the problem and he eventually traced it down to a large batch of PCB boards that had been improperly built at the factory.

So the only way to get the steering problem fixed will be to have the defective PCB board replaced. I would contact the seller about the problem and see if he can replace it, or work with him to get a refund and buy from another seller.

I should note too that although my helicopter is flying better than ever (and I bought my last PCB board from a US seller), my Qs8006 helicopter still has the baffling power cutouts occasionally.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Jan 28, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:46 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Hi jmfixitman,
I had the same wild steering problem on my Qs8006 and it was caused by a defective PCB board. (I had bought it on eBay a couple months back and the board was defective from day one). The defective board caused a super fast, super sensitive type steering and made the helicopter extremely hard to control compared to a good working PCB board. All I had to do was barely touch the steering joystick and the helicopter would snap turn hyper fast and send the helicopter heading in the wrong direction. At the time I immediately contacted the seller (located in China) about the problem and he eventually traced it down to a large batch of PCB boards that had been improperly built at the factory.

So the only way to get the steering problem fixed will be to have the defective PCB board replaced. I would contact the seller about the problem and see if he can replace it, or work with him to get a refund and buy from another seller.

I should note too that although my helicopter is flying better than ever (and I bought my last PCB board from a US seller), my Qs8006 helicopter still has the baffling power cutouts occasionally.

Ray
Thanks Ray! I have contacted the seller and asked for a replacement, he is in USA so we will see. I did take the helo apart and discovered a tooth here and there missing on the gear wheels, but sure doesnt seem like enough that it would cause any such issues...

On another note. I looked through the forum and couldnt really find an answer. But I would love to convert this thing to 2.4ghz... I ordered a controller and receiver, but am not sure that there is a speed controller module out there that will balance the two motors properly for turning. Have you ran across any ideas? Before I start doing some crazy engineering that is...
jmfixitman is offline Find More Posts by jmfixitman
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Re

Hey All

I have just inherited a QS8006 from my uncle. There was a black wire inside that had come loose, he re soldered it wrong and the receiver inside the heli fried!

I took it off his hands, ordered and received a new PCB receiver board to install into heli.

PROBLEM IS....

I have no idea how to rewire it back in.
Does anyone have one of these that they can take a photo of how it is wired/positions of the 2 black/red wires, and email or post it for me?? So a photo from underneath the PCB Board?

My heli is just sitting there in pieces screaming to be flown!!

I know its a bad first investment but it was free
Any help appreciated
Cheers
greenienz3 is offline Find More Posts by greenienz3
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfixitman View Post
Thanks Ray! I have contacted the seller and asked for a replacement, he is in USA so we will see. I did take the helo apart and discovered a tooth here and there missing on the gear wheels, but sure doesnt seem like enough that it would cause any such issues...

On another note. I looked through the forum and couldnt really find an answer. But I would love to convert this thing to 2.4ghz... I ordered a controller and receiver, but am not sure that there is a speed controller module out there that will balance the two motors properly for turning. Have you ran across any ideas? Before I start doing some crazy engineering that is...
Hi jmfixitman,
The 8006 (and 8005) can generally fly with a little minor tooth damage on the main gear, but the damaged gear (or gears) will usually make a clicking noise as the helicopter flies. If the main gear is damaged a little too much, the motorís gear can slip some resulting in the helicopter doing continuous little left or right turning pulsations (and sometimes a tendency to want to rotate). When that happens the helicopter will generally be harder to control and will not hold a good straight ahead hover. Also another indication that the main gear is damaged a bit too much is that the helicopter wonít climb right or as fast and a buzzing sound will be heard as the gears teeth slip under power.

About the control system; thereís no doubt about it, it definitely would of been a big improvement if G.T Model was equipping these large Qs helicopters with a better working, longer range 2.4 Ghz control system.
When it comes to trying to convert to a 2.4G system, I havenít really come across away to do it. I think the main problem of trying to convert the Qs8006 radio system to a 2.4G system is the 14.8 voltage system, currently there just isnít many options available out there for this size voltage system on helicopters.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenienz3 View Post
Hey All

I have just inherited a QS8006 from my uncle. There was a black wire inside that had come loose, he re soldered it wrong and the receiver inside the heli fried!

I took it off his hands, ordered and received a new PCB receiver board to install into heli.

PROBLEM IS....

I have no idea how to rewire it back in.
Does anyone have one of these that they can take a photo of how it is wired/positions of the 2 black/red wires, and email or post it for me?? So a photo from underneath the PCB Board?

My heli is just sitting there in pieces screaming to be flown!!

I know its a bad first investment but it was free
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Hi greenienz3,
Check out my PCB photos in my post 574 located on this page http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...620210&page=39
The photos show how the main power wires and the battery wires are attached. Also sometimes the new PCB boards come without the motor connectors installed (so that the main motor wires can be plugged in on PCB). The photos in the post also show the location of where to solder the main motor wires on.

About plugging the wires onto the board; (when looking head on at front top of PCB, antenna wire connection will be towards back and on right side), the rear main motor wire will plug in on left pin connector, and front main motor will plug in on right pin connector. Both of the motor wires will have the red wires on right when plugged in. The tail motor plugs into the pin connector just to the right of the main motor connectors and the red wire of the tail motor will be on the right when plugged in. The ON / OFF switch pin connector is located by itself a little a head of the 4 LED pin connectors. The ON / OFF switch wire can be plugged in any direction (red wire can be plugged in facing right or left). The LED wires can be plugged in on LED pin connectors in any order from front to back, but LED wires are polarity sensitive for them to work. I have found that sometimes new PCB board will have LED polarity reversed on the LED pin connectors from the factory compared to the original board, so sometimes trial and error is needed when plugging them in. So if the LED light doesn't light up when the LED wire is plugged in, then simply unplug the wire's connector and rotate the connector 180 degrees and plug it back in and then LED should work.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Thanks heaps Ray! Problem solved

I came onto this site for help with just that but am now thinking of upgrading already!

Cheers
greenienz3 is offline Find More Posts by greenienz3
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
QS8006 - newbie

Hi everyone....just got a QS8006 and after some not quite successful attempts to fly I now have a power issue maybe someone can help me with.
With the remote control turned off, and the power switch on the side of the copter in the off position, if I plug in the battery to the copter the top blades will start spinning in full throttle.

What up with that???

thanks
Luv2_Ride is offline Find More Posts by Luv2_Ride
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Hi Luv2_Ride,
I was wondering, how was your 8006 acting before the issue started?
Also, have you been able to get the helicopter flying at all since buying it?

Here's an idea for something different to try, I would try turning on the transmitter first and then turn on the helicopter to see if it changes anything at all. Could be transmitter to PCB binding issue, but I doubt it.

Also, you might want to take the main blades off until the problem is fixed. That way the helicopter will be easier to handle when testing it.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Qs8006

Thanks Ray,
It was working fine. Out of the box and this was the first attempts at flying.
Everything seemed to work fine. A few small short flights with my controlling it not so great. First time R/C owner for this type of machine. After the few short flights and minor crashes when I picked up the helo it was doing this. Cutting off the remote control or the main power switch on the helo does not effect it. when the battery finally run down, I disconnected the battery and took the helo in the house.
Snow on the ground but not alot. I let the helo sit inside for several hours thinking maybe some moisture may have affected the board or one of the motor connections. When I lightly touched the battery to the connecting plug, the blades began to spin. Again power switch in the off position and the remote control power was off.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
Luv2_Ride is offline Find More Posts by Luv2_Ride
Last edited by Luv2_Ride; Feb 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2_Ride View Post
Thanks Ray,
It was working fine. Out of the box and this was the first attempts at flying.
Everything seemed to work fine. A few small short flights with my controlling it not so great. First time R/C owner for this type of machine. After the few short flights and minor crashes when I picked up the helo it was doing this. Cutting off the remote control or the main power switch on the helo does not effect it. when the battery finally run down, I disconnected the battery and took the helo in the house.
Snow on the ground but not alot. I let the helo sit inside for several hours thinking maybe some moisture may have affected the board or one of the motor connections. When I lightly touched the battery to the connecting plug, the blades began to spin. Again power switch in the off position and the remote control power was off.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
I had the same problem, and what caused it was the circuit board had got wet. This fried the transistors produced the same problem, regardless of the switch setting. I had to replace the board... if you smelled anything funny after the flight thats a sign too.
jmfixitman is offline Find More Posts by jmfixitman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Qs8006

Thanks JM....I thought that may be the area to look into but wanted to research some before spending money for hunt and peck fixes.....could cost more in the long run.....mechanics famous words...."I thought the ECM computer would fix the problem" .....lol
Luv2_Ride is offline Find More Posts by Luv2_Ride
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
Pilot Ray/Fellow Bloggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj1 View Post
Hi Ray,

My sincere thanks for your valuable advice which only comes through experience on similar matters and the willingness to share it with novices like me. Shall keep you posted on the development of replacement of the gripper parts and tweeking the balance of the blades to eliminate the vibration. Much appreciated my friend.

Raj
Hi Ray/Fellow Bloggers

I did all the repairs and got the bird flying again. Ray your timely advice to keep an eye on the two tiny bearings saved me a lot of possible heart ache when replacing the the main spindle and the blade gripper. Purchased a second bird as well for $92 to get over the issue of flying time. They are getting cheaper by the day. With 4 stock batteries I now enjoy continuous flying for well over half an hour! By the way mine are the GT models which I presume are the latest in the series. Still having a few mishaps mainly due to windy conditions resulting in having to replace main spindles/buckles/blade grippers (the tiny plastic knobs holding the buckle which tend to break off easily with the slightest pilot error!) and not forgetting the the smashed up blades which ever tend to get entangled! With repeated replacements I have now become an expert at changing the main spindle, blade grippers and dislodging the pin on the balance bar! Still a learner pilot though. Enjoying the newly acquired hobby not only while flying but also when carrying out repairs!

I have found two sites, the first www.banggood.com where the spares are CHEAP AS CHIPS including FREE DELIVERY. The choice of spares is limited though with the more frequently replaceable parts only being in stock. The other is www.aliexpress.com still cheap with a very comprehensive stock. FELLOW BLOGGERS to please take note. Much cheaper than www.feala.com and some other sites.

Have just received the 9x7 Tiger Moth propellers and looking forward to a busy weekend with modifications to the stock tail rotor.

Ray, mine being the GT model, would it be still ok in weighting the front with hobby clay as suggested by "Helicrapter" for easy forward movement of the big bird? The alternative is to cut the plastic lip of the battery holder as suggested by you (unless you were referring to a different model) and move the battery forward. Please advice. Thanks

Raj
raj1 is offline Find More Posts by raj1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2_Ride View Post
Thanks Ray,
It was working fine. Out of the box and this was the first attempts at flying.
Everything seemed to work fine. A few small short flights with my controlling it not so great. First time R/C owner for this type of machine. After the few short flights and minor crashes when I picked up the helo it was doing this. Cutting off the remote control or the main power switch on the helo does not effect it. when the battery finally run down, I disconnected the battery and took the helo in the house.
Snow on the ground but not alot. I let the helo sit inside for several hours thinking maybe some moisture may have affected the board or one of the motor connections. When I lightly touched the battery to the connecting plug, the blades began to spin. Again power switch in the off position and the remote control power was off.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

Hi Luv2_Ride,
It does sound like the PCB board has gone bad and will need to be replaced
One thing I would check for is to make sure that none of the PCB boardís electronic (metal) parts are touching one another. I would also double check all of the circuitry on the board with a magnifying glass to make sure that no little piece of solder, etc. has gotten trapped between electrical parts on the board causing a short circuit.
I doubt that any of those things is causing the problem, but itís worth looking at though.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Ray, mine being the GT model, would it be still ok in weighting the front with hobby clay as suggested by "Helicrapter" for easy forward movement of the big bird? The alternative is to cut the plastic lip of the battery holder as suggested by you (unless you were referring to a different model) and move the battery forward. Please advice. Thanks

Raj

Hi Raj,
I’m not exactly sure which version Qs8006 helicopter you have, but either method will work good for adjusting the balance of the helicopter. On my 8006 the battery holder is located at the front of the helicopter and moving the battery forward is pretty easy to do with little modification (remove lip and add Velcro).
Adding weight to the nose of the helicopter can also be used for adjusting the balance of the helicopter and is an easy way of doing it, but this method does require adding a slight amount of weight to the helicopter though.

When using the larger tail blade on my helicopter, I did fine tune the balance of my helicopter a little to compensate for the larger tail blade (the larger tail blade is about 2 grams heavier than the stock blade).

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Feb 15, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
Pilot Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Ray View Post
Hi Raj,
Iím not exactly sure which version Qs8006 helicopter you have, but either method will work good for adjusting the balance of the helicopter. On my 8006 the battery holder is located at the front of the helicopter and moving the battery forward is pretty easy to do with little modification (remove lip and add Velcro).
Adding weight to the nose of the helicopter can also be used for adjusting the balance of the helicopter and is an easy way of doing it, but this method does require adding a slight amount of weight to the helicopter though.

When using the larger tail blade on my helicopter, I did fine tune the balance of my helicopter a little to compensate for the larger tail blade (the larger tail blade is about 2 grams heavier than the stock blade).

Ray
Hi Ray,

The birds are flying beautifully forward with the modified tail rotor blades (with Tiger Moth propellers). Weighted the front of one of them with hobby clay as suggested by "Helicrapter". Tried to be a bit over enthusiastic with the forward throttle resulting in burnout of the tail motor now requiring replacement. A valuable lesson to be gentle on the throttle especially with the larger tail rotor blade. www.banggood.com is there to rescue with cheap replacement part. Takes two weeks for delivery though. The battery chamber in the GT model is vertically below the main spindle. This is the same model as displayed by "Helicrapter".

Raj
raj1 is offline Find More Posts by raj1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold New Dynam Vortex M100 Infrared RC Micro Helicopter 3.5 Channel RTF $23.00 Madd_Trucker Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 26, 2012 02:30 AM
New Product New 2012 Giant X-Large 42"inch (106cm) Alloy Hawk H-785G 3.5 Channels Helicopter Gyro 44everlasting Large Electric Helis 0 Jan 21, 2012 09:17 PM
Discussion G.T. Model 2-Channel RC Eagle Toy novaking RC Toys 1 Nov 12, 2011 12:35 PM
Discussion Phantom S107 3.5 Channel Helicopter @ Kidswoot Phenom Micro Helis 2 Sep 16, 2011 12:42 PM
Discussion New Syma S027 Big Fire Wolf 3 Channel Airwolf Ready-to-Fly RC Helicopt james1300 Coaxial Helicopters 3 Apr 21, 2011 03:35 AM