Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooleydog View Post
Yep. I sure does say 2.4 Ghz. LOL..

Mike..
Mike,
The pic is not of a 2.4Ghz board so what's the bind plug listed under packing?
Ken
Trainee Ken is offline Find More Posts by Trainee Ken
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Mar 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainee Ken View Post
Mike,
Ken
WELL Ken why not order it. At least then you'll find out what type of receiver you'll get (with the bind plug)

Mike..
hooleydog is offline Find More Posts by hooleydog
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
WELL Ken why not order it. At least then you'll find out what type of receiver you'll get (with the bind plug)

Mike..
Nope. With my luck it'll turn out to be a 2.4Ghz board, then I'll have to track down a tx for it.
A couple for the good guys though. Antenna and missing screw have been posted and full refund for the two no motor pins PCBs.
Damn, now I have four 35mHZ PCBs to fit pins to.
Last edited by Trainee Ken; Sep 08, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
I've already got heaps of pins. It's paying 30 bucks for the exact same part I already get for $15 that's pssn me off especially after confirming with the supplier that the board had the pins. I was after an original board and prepared to pay the extra to get it.
Check this out. Going by the antenna length another load of Chinese BS.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Direc...534581618.html
Ken
Hi Ken,
It would really be great if it was a 2.4 G receiver, but like you were saying though, the antenna wire is a bit suspiciously and abnormally long for a 2.4 G receiver. I personally wouldn’t fall for that ad until I see an actual RTF Qs8006 helicopter being sold on eBay with the 2.4 G system.

Update on my Qs8006 Helicopter. Well I still can’t fly my 8006 yet. After waiting 3 1/2 weeks and receiving wrong part, the seller in China says he resent the right part out (that was about 2 weeks ago and without tracking number this time around), so far nothing received. Oh Well.
Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Sep 09, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Hi boulier1, good to hear from you.
I needed to fit a servo to the 8006. Easy, buy one of these things (Ebay Item number: 110705582375), fit a 35.468mHZ crystal to it and it will work with my 35.468mHZ transmitter.... Ahhhmm no.
I have no clue as to the mechanics of servos, never used them. Whether power can be applied directly and or reversed, whether they have limit switches either mechanical or electronic or whether one is restricted to having a PWM setup.
I suppose the obvious question is whether I can operate a servo off the original 8006 PCB either in conjunction with the tail rotor or making use of the tail rotor power to operate the servo?
Any ideas?
Ken
Not being impolite, working on it. Got nice three channel tx/rx schematic I am playing with....will be back in a day or so....cheers
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:12 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/radios.html
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-servos.html

these articles do a good job of explaining, radios and servos

great article with controller schematics to drive servos using 555 timer

http://www.horrorseek.com/home/hallo..._RCServos.html
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Last edited by boulier1; Sep 09, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Ray View Post
Hi Ken,
It would really be great if it was a 2.4 G receiver, but like you were saying though, the antenna wire is a bit suspiciously and abnormally long for a 2.4 G receiver. I personally wouldn’t fall for that ad until I see an actual RTF Qs8006 helicopter being sold on eBay with the 2.4 G system.

Update on my Qs8006 Helicopter. Well I still can’t fly my 8006 yet. After waiting 3 1/2 weeks and receiving wrong part, the seller in China says he resent the right part out (that was about 2 weeks ago and without tracking number this time around), so far nothing received. Oh Well.
Ray
Yeah, me again as well Ray,
Ordered some centre shaft/balance bar pivot sleeves (with picture), what arrives, bloody pivot pins.
Damn them….
Ken
Last edited by Trainee Ken; Sep 10, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:11 AM View Post
Sid808
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Hi all,
After a solid week on the net I'm slowly getting the hang of it but only at surface level.
I have generally found that TX, RX info doesn't go deep enough or it can't be found at all.
When changing brand X model 1 to brand X model 2 there's plenty of info but when one wants to change brand X model 1 to brand Q model 55 there's nothing. Plenty of info for changing like for like but very little info when one is outside the box so to speak. Information on a particular brand and model is generally limited to plug this here, that there, switch on and off you go. I see little problem in fitting a PWM servo to a PWM controller connected to a PWM receiver but try finding out why the 8006 TX has a crystal but the RX doesn't and it's a different story.

I had looked at servo drivers using the 555 timer but without that 4th channel I am still stuck on just how the driver is to be "switched on" using what the 8006 has got now.
The idea behind using the EK2-0705B 4in1 35mHZ Controller was to give me that other channel, to be able to use the one original 8006 TX to operate both RXs. Leaving the original RX as is to operate the heli and the 35mHZ Controller just to operate a servo with scope for future ideas.

When hooked up the 35mHZ Controller servo seems to be "hunting", I assume for a pulse signal but I am not even sure if the 8006 TX produces the required signal or works entirely differently. Without "the proper" test equipment even checking whether the frequency is correct seems impossible and just how many channels are on the 35mHZ band? Channel whatever, TX working frequency x, RX crystal frequency x - something, what the.......

Which brings me back to the info problem or more correctly, the lack of info problem. Google 35.468mHZ (original 8006 TX crystal) and what does one get?
About 73 responses, mostly made in China - Frequency: 27.145MHZ 35.468MHZ for RC Hobby and Toy Helicopters.
Sorry guys I'm rambling, it's been a bad hair day....

Ken

ps. boulier1. I assume this would be ok for checking TX frequency but what about RX? (Item number: 200812735657)
Last edited by Trainee Ken; Sep 10, 2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: ps
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Fyi

Got around to checking the newly delivered 35 Meg RXs and TXs.
Of the four RXs, there seems to be three different versions. None have main motor pins. Two have the green jumper leads two don’t. Diode setup varies with three of them with four diodes on top of board in differing layout configurations while one has two diodes above and two small diodes (?) under the board. Three boards have holes for the motor pins but they're either being used or obstructed by diodes, one board has no motor pin holes.
Of the two TXs, one, when easing on the throttle, starts top rotors well before lower rotors. Fingers crossed with the second one, seems ok.
I guess they still haven't figured it out, just more Chinese clap!
Ken
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Mar 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Got around to checking the newly delivered 35 Meg RXs and TXs.
Of the four RXs, there seems to be three different versions. None have main motor pins. Two have the green jumper leads two don’t. Diode setup varies with three of them with four diodes on top of board in differing layout configurations while one has two diodes above and two small diodes (?) under the board. Three boards have holes for the motor pins but they're either being used or obstructed by diodes, one board has no motor pin holes.
Of the two TXs, one, when easing on the throttle, starts top rotors well before lower rotors. Fingers crossed with the second one, seems ok.
I guess they still haven't figured it out, just more Chinese clap!
Ken
Yep I thought that there is 3 versions of the board (mine 27 mHz), as I have them. But one with no main motor connector holes is useless to me..

Mike..
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
SLEEVES - centre shaft/balance bar pivot pin.

Hi fellas,
Still chasing those sleeves for the centre shaft/balance bar pivot pin. According to my usual supplier "I also play this helicopter, But I don't found this part", "may your helicopter is old version, the new helicopter don't need the part" and "the factory also said not the part yet".
A couple of questions.
1. Anyone know where these sleeves can be obtained?
2. Are the sleeves still fitted in later version 8006s?
Ken
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Mar 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
Ken
I sure don't know. But how come shipping has gone very slow from China, cos I've ordered QS parts (on eBay) and now they take forever to arrive at my doorstep (Not from HK itself though)..

Mike..
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Mar 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Hi Ray,
You may remember a while back I posted about the amount of up/down travel the balance bars had. I think I just found why the excessive travel (Refer to pic).
I had never even noticed this part until I started resurrecting the 8006 I totalled the other night and would not have seen it then if I had not decided to use a main frame/rotor/shaft/gear assembly I had removed from the second 8006 when I bought it and stuck it on a shelf.
From day one I've been fitting the balance bar pin without this sleeve and it's no wonder the balance bars have been moving almost twice the distance than when the sleeve is fitted.
In my defence, I checked 4 centre shafts today and all of the top pivot holes were less than 1.5mm and with the pivot pin 1.45mm diameter I suppose I could be forgiven for not picking this up.
I’m hoping that with the sleeve fitted there will be less balance bar travel and it’s affect on the top rotors may not be as severe as previous.
Ken
Ken You could use brass tubing, as My local hobby shop has all size's..

Mike..
Last edited by hooleydog; Sep 13, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Ken You could use brass tubing, as My local hobby shop has all size's..

Mike..
Thanks Mike, it's worth a shot.
It seems the bean counters at GT Model decided to omit the sleeve in version 2 and just have a smaller hole in the centre shaft.
I'd like to keep using the sleeve as I find it a much "tighter" assembly with it in though I may have to wait until next time I'm in the big smoke.
The closest I would get to the sleeve locally would be a piece of half inch gal water pipe.
Ken