Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooleydog View Post
Hey guys, is there any benefit to making the boom a bit shorter, as it looks like a long broom handle sticking out the back of the QS 8006..

Mike..
Hi Mike,
I kind of think that the G.T Model company has these helicopters flying about as good as they’ll fly with the current tail rotor that’s being used in relation to the tail boom length. A shorter tail boom will have advantages and disadvantages. One important thing to think about though is that the helicopter would have to be rebalanced.

What the Qs helicopters really need though is a more powerful tail rotor system (brush-less motor would really help). A stronger thrust tail rotor that is controlled with a transmitter joystick that uses a longer joystick movement for more rpm control (like the way the throttle joystick works) would really help the helicopters. The same thing should also be done with the left and right turning joystick too.

When it come to the tail boom length though, if I had my way at the G.T Model company (so as to get rid of the broom stick look) I would increase the size of the helicopter (maybe even go to 18.5 volt if need be) rather than to shorten the tail boom. By doing it that way we would be flying a true 53”+ long helicopter like the size we thought we were buying originally.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2011
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainee Ken View Post
Hi RC,
Just to let you know that fitting one "upgrade" part may not be that simple. I found with the 8006 that to fit some upgraded parts required other parts to be upgraded as well. Not having an 8005 I don't know about the drive gears, maybe they have been upgraded as well.
Nearly forgot RC, the upgraded 8006 (with the plastic side plates) also had the whole rotor assembly moved 25mm to the rear, I assume for balance. Maybe something similar has happened with the V2 8005. Not sure whether to call these upgrades or new models?
Ken
Hi Ken,
I think I would consider the new 8006s as new models. Originally the 8006's were suppose to be 134cm (53") long, but are currently quite a bit shorter than the advertised size. It kind of looks like the 8006 helicopter was probably made a little bit out of porportion when it was initially released, and it's being corrected now. I guess the real solution would be for G.T Model to release a new Zs8008 model helicopter so as to get back to the original listed 134cm (53") size.

Ray
Pilot Ray is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Ray
Last edited by Pilot Ray; Sep 01, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Fyi

Think I'll stop buying from China direct and go local. Much dearer but beats waiting four weeks to get incorrect order delivered, then another four weeks for right parts to turn up.

Delivered today.
Order 1: 2 x 35mHZ PCBs. - No problem... yet… haven't tested them. Both different and neither has motor pins.
4 x tail rotors. - 1 missing pin & plastic fitting. (just the blade & gear)
Order 2: 1 x 35mHZ transmitter. - missing antenna and battery cover screw.
Order 3: 1 x tail tube. - No problems (upgrade version). FYI NOTE: Same length as the original (710mm). Tail rod support bracket hole 70mm closer to rear of heli.
2 x sets tail support rods (upgrade version). 3 rods in total delivered. FYI NOTE: Tail rods delivered 430mm in length. Original 8006 - 500mm.
Ken
Trainee Ken is offline Find More Posts by Trainee Ken
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Mar 2004
223 Posts
Quote:
Think I'll stop buying from China direct and go local. Much dearer but beats waiting four weeks to get incorrect order delivered, then another four weeks for right parts to turn up.

Delivered today.
Order 1: 2 x 35mHZ PCBs. - No problem... yet… haven't tested them. Both different and neither has motor pins.
4 x tail rotors. - 1 missing pin & plastic fitting. (just the blade & gear)
Order 2: 1 x 35mHZ transmitter. - missing antenna and battery cover screw.
Order 3: 1 x tail tube. - No problems (upgrade version). FYI NOTE: Same length as the original (710mm). Tail rod support bracket hole 70mm closer to rear of heli.
2 x sets tail support rods (upgrade version). 3 rods in total delivered. FYI NOTE: Tail rods delivered 430mm in length. Original 8006 - 500mm.
Ken
Key my board arrived also. But it's like yours. No main motor connecters (and no green jumper wires). Though the holes are there, so I sucked out the solder, and fitted them (Board works great), as for the soldering on the board. It's pretty good, so i'm happy with it..

Mike...

Oh My TX came with the antenna and that screw.. (From eBay)
hooleydog is offline Find More Posts by hooleydog
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Key my board arrived also. But it's like yours. No main motor connecters (and no green jumper wires). Though the holes are there, so I sucked out the solder, and fitted them (Board works great), as for the soldering on the board. It's pretty good, so i'm happy with it..
Mike...
Oh My TX came with the antenna and that screw.. (From eBay)
Hi Mike,
Both boards have 2 x green jumper wires. One board has the 4 original motor pin holes (full of solder) with a single diode along side each set of holes. On the reverse side are 2 little black rectangular gizmos that effectively block (cover) the pin’s holes.
The other board has the same 2 diodes along side where the pins would go but also 2 more diodes with a leg in each pin’s hole. No little black rectangular gizmos on the reverse side. Soldering and boards generally do look better than average though.
I assume the TX was supposed to come with an antenna, it was pictured with it. Still have another TX and 2 boards (with pins) on order.
I could of course refuse to clear payment but I figure if I did that with all the suppliers who have sent wrong parts I'd end up with no suppliers. Generally it's been sorted out but can take up to 10 weeks before I get the right parts and that's the problem, time.
I'd like to spend some time flying these damn things, not sitting on my **** waiting on parts.
Ken

Re: Missing antenna.
Just received email response to my.... Where's the antenna and battery cover screw?
Sorry about reply so late.Antenna is a independent parts.The transmitter is not incloud antenna.May be our picture mislead you.It's my mistake. I'm sorry. I wish you don't care about that.
And there is no screw on the battery cover, not missing.

No I don't care about that provided he don't care about losing a customer. Oh, and payment.
Ken
Last edited by Trainee Ken; Sep 03, 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: ps pps
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2004
223 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mike,
Both boards have 2 x green jumper wires. One board has the 4 original motor pin holes (full of solder) with a single diode along side each set of holes. On the reverse side are 2 little black rectangular gizmos that effectively block (cover) the pin’s holes.
The other board has the same 2 diodes along side where the pins would go but also 2 more diodes with a leg in each pin’s hole. No little black rectangular gizmos on the reverse side. Soldering and boards generally do look better than average though.
I assume the TX was supposed to come with an antenna, it was pictured with it. Still have another TX and 2 boards (with pins) on order.
I could of course refuse to clear payment but I figure if I did that with all the suppliers who have sent wrong parts I'd end up with no suppliers. Generally it's been sorted out but can take up to 10 weeks before I get the right parts and that's the problem, time.
I'd like to spend some time flying these damn things, not sitting on my **** waiting on parts.
Ken

Re: Missing antenna.
Just received email response to my.... Where's the antenna and battery cover screw?
Sorry about reply so late.Antenna is a independent parts.The transmitter is not incloud antenna.May be our picture mislead you.It's my mistake. I'm sorry. I wish you don't care about that.
And there is no screw on the battery cover, not missing.

No I don't care about that provided he don't care about losing a customer. Oh, and payment.
Ken
Ken I thought you got your TX from this guy on eBay (Like I did) I recieved it with the ant, and that screw. I also got my reciever from him too (It has no green jumper wires or diodes in the holes Phew)..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330692757755...84.m1439.l2649

Mike..
Last edited by hooleydog; Sep 03, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Ken I thought you got your TX from this guy on eBay (Like I did) I recieved it with the ant, and that screw. I also got my reciever from him too (It has no green jumper wires or diodes in the holes Phew)..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330692757755...84.m1439.l2649

Mike..
I did Mike. I ordered a TX and 2 x 35mHZ receivers from the same place you did and I'm still waiting for these to turn up.
The "no antenna" TX was a previous order from elsewhere that I had cancelled after 8 days without notification of postage or tracking info.
It only became problematic when I was finally notified that the first TX had been posted (after cancelling) and when I tried to do the right thing and make payment for it.
As the order had been cancelled and payment refunded, AliExpress the group I buy through didn't want to know about it, it's off their books. The best "solution" I could come up with was to order an excess of a part I could use and tell the supplier to "short supply" with the balance to cover the TX.
Complicated yeah... but a good lesson learned. If a supplier stuffs up in future it's their problem... not mine.
As it turns out the second TX and PCBs ordered from HK are roughly the same price as in AUS (if/when you can get them). Buying locally I probably could have had the parts weeks ago and with much greater protection. Consumer law here is great.
Ken
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Looks like you fellers been having fun......lol
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
Australia, NSW, Armidale
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Good to see you back with us Boulier
RCMad39 is offline Find More Posts by RCMad39
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
It never ends..What the hell else can one do?

Emails re PCBs verbatim.
Me to them: 24-Aug-12 16:52:29 AEST
Just confirming a point or two.
1. Is this item a 35mHZ receiver as your listing is a little confusing.
"You are biding on 1x PCB Receiver Mother Board - 27MHz for RC Helicopter QS8006
Part No.: QS8006-013-35MHz"
2. Do these receivers have the 2 x plug pin connection for the main motors as pictured in the listing or are they the direct solder type?

Them to me: 24-Aug-12 17:10:13 AEST
1) yes it's 35MHz (only typing mistake, I'll revise it)
2) yes it comes with the plug for the motor connector

Me to them: 24-Aug-12 18:04:07 AEST
I have just purchased 2 of item number 190637048603 (Receiver Mother Board QS8006-013 35MHz)
If being shipped from your Hong Kong warehouse to Australia please ensure that the item is 35mHZ and they do have 2 x plug/pin connection for the main motors as pictured.

Them to me: 24-Aug-12 18:06:01 AEST
ok, I will let my colleague know to ensure they are correct.

Me to them: 06-Sep-12 10:32
I am not happy with the 2 receiver mother boards QS8006-013 35MHz that were delivered today. They are not as pictured in your listing as they do not have the 2 x plug/pin connections which I specifically asked for in my email of 24-Aug-12 and which you confirmed they had 24-Aug-12.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Hi boulier1, good to hear from you.
I needed to fit a servo to the 8006. Easy, buy one of these things (Ebay Item number: 110705582375), fit a 35.468mHZ crystal to it and it will work with my 35.468mHZ transmitter.... Ahhhmm no.
I have no clue as to the mechanics of servos, never used them. Whether power can be applied directly and or reversed, whether they have limit switches either mechanical or electronic or whether one is restricted to having a PWM setup.
I suppose the obvious question is whether I can operate a servo off the original 8006 PCB either in conjunction with the tail rotor or making use of the tail rotor power to operate the servo?
Any ideas?
Ken
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Mar 2004
223 Posts
Quote:
Emails re PCBs verbatim.
Me to them: 24-Aug-12 16:52:29 AEST
Just confirming a point or two.
1. Is this item a 35mHZ receiver as your listing is a little confusing.
"You are biding on 1x PCB Receiver Mother Board - 27MHz for RC Helicopter QS8006
Part No.: QS8006-013-35MHz"
2. Do these receivers have the 2 x plug pin connection for the main motors as pictured in the listing or are they the direct solder type?

Them to me: 24-Aug-12 17:10:13 AEST
1) yes it's 35MHz (only typing mistake, I'll revise it)
2) yes it comes with the plug for the motor connector

Me to them: 24-Aug-12 18:04:07 AEST
I have just purchased 2 of item number 190637048603 (Receiver Mother Board QS8006-013 35MHz)
If being shipped from your Hong Kong warehouse to Australia please ensure that the item is 35mHZ and they do have 2 x plug/pin connection for the main motors as pictured.

Them to me: 24-Aug-12 18:06:01 AEST
ok, I will let my colleague know to ensure they are correct.

Me to them: 06-Sep-12 10:32
I am not happy with the 2 receiver mother boards QS8006-013 35MHz that were delivered today. They are not as pictured in your listing as they do not have the 2 x plug/pin connections which I specifically asked for in my email of 24-Aug-12 and which you confirmed they had 24-Aug-12.
Ken. Here's the 2 pin connectors that you'll need for the board..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120927897969...84.m1439.l2649

And if you want to fly helis on your computer. Get this, as I have one on order, and comes with all the sims too (realflight g5, phoenix rc ect) It's well worth the money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280797165575...84.m1439.l2648

Mike..
Last edited by hooleydog; Sep 07, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Ken. Here's the 2 pin connectors that you'll need for the board..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120927897969...84.m1439.l2649

And if you want to fly helis on your computer. Get this, as I have one on order, and comes with all the sims too (realflight g5, phoenix rc ect) It's well worth the money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280797165575...84.m1439.l2648

Mike..
Mike,
I've already got heaps of pins. It's paying 30 bucks for the exact same part I already get for $15 that's pssn me off especially after confirming with the supplier that the board had the pins. I was after an original board and prepared to pay the extra to get it.
Check this out. Going by the antenna length another load of Chinese BS.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Direc...534581618.html
Ken
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2004
223 Posts
Quote:
Mike,
I've already got heaps of pins. It's paying 30 bucks for the exact same part I already get for $15 that's pssn me off especially after confirming with the supplier that the board had the pins. I was after an original board and prepared to pay the extra to get it.
Check this out. Going by the antenna length another load of Chinese BS.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Direc...534581618.html
Ken
Yep. I sure does say 2.4 Ghz. LOL..

Mike..
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2004
223 Posts
opps