HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, OR, Sherwood
Joined Jan 2009
292 Posts
Discussion
How to set up and trim an EP glider

I am new to soaring and I just purchased a used Sprint Elite that was converted to EP. I balanced it to the original specs and setup 2 servo wings so I can have crow, flap, soar settings. I would like to know what settings to start out with and if there is a procedure for adjusting the trims, like there is for an acrobatic plane.
Tx JJ460
JJ460 is offline Find More Posts by JJ460
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
244 Posts
get Naton dvd on sailplane clinic. he uses a spirit as an example of really trim a plane. he is a strong flyer with mad skills.

your question is complex and has a lot of varialbe. the real question is how much exp do you have? is this your first ailerion glider? they have less stability built into them. they are ot a gentle lady .

also is the engine a brushed or brushless motor (are there two or three wires out of the motor) have three flight modes, crow etc is too much for some one new to soaring. find a glider club and join it.

the key setting for the wing is differental. more up than down radio carbon glider series are the best way to learn. they are sometimes for sale on rc groups

good luck Bll
wsnowfall is offline Find More Posts by wsnowfall
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, OR, Sherwood
Joined Jan 2009
292 Posts
followup

Bll,
Thank you for the lead. It looks like Paul Naton is the current guru regarding setup instruction. I was also able to find some links associated with Naton's video sold via Radio Carbon Art. that gave me an overview of the setup . The "Performance Tuning a Sailplane" video looks like exactly what I need.
Tx again JJ460
JJ460 is offline Find More Posts by JJ460