HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Cowling....DONE!!!

I finished the cowling today! I used graphite epoxy to stiffen the backside of the faux-engine parts and then used semi-gloss white/black paint to make a steel grey mix applied with a toothpick into the grooves on the faux-cylinder heads and mounts. Just enough to look like an engine, but not so much that it looks too "new"

I also blackened the firewall and seams where the cowling and battery cover sit, as well as the battery cover where it has black on the topside. Makes a cleaner look to the model!

See pictures below. Now, onto finishing the wings and wires, and then battery system!

Almost ready!!!

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Mar 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts