HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Build Log
DJI F550 NAZA ARF COMPLETE BUILD and DJI NAZA ASSISTANT w/ TX CALIBRATION >VIDEOS<

Hey guys, I did a couple nice videos on the DJI F550 BUILD and NAZA CALIBRATIONS.

These videos are for anyone looking how to do a complete buid of the DJI F550 NAZA ARF. Also for anyone wanting some step by step details with the NAZA ASSITANT Software, Motor/TX Calibration.

The videos are a little long, but very informative. Feel free to fast forward to the parts that intrist you.

VIDEOS:
DJI F550 NAZA ARF COMPLETE BUILD
DJI F550 NAZA ARF COMPLETE BUILD (10 min 54 sec)

DJI NAZA ASSISTANT AND TX CALIBRATION
DJI NAZA ASSISTANT AND TX CALIBRATION (7 min 35 sec)

SOFTWARE and MANUAL DOWNLOADS can be gotten here:
Go to STORE/SUPPORT
http://aerialmediapros.com/

If this Video was helpful,

Please let me with your "LIKES"

Hope it helps some of the newer guys out.

Take care,
Patrick
patrick21x is offline Find More Posts by patrick21x
Last edited by patrick21x; Mar 24, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
243 Posts
Great timing! I get my kit Monday.
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Flight View Post
Great timing! I get my kit Monday.
Awesome, Glad I could help.

You will really enjoy the F550
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x View Post
Awesome, Glad I could help.

You will really enjoy the F550
Did you get your Kit together yet? Post up a video:0
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
243 Posts
Video was great, rolling on the install now, I'm new to this hobby so learning as I go, some things are frustrating....battery connection types, etc, things that I never read that I needed like a battery lead from the frame that I had to go back to the hobby store for...

And then I just hit another wall because of course my AR8000 receiver has a different plug type than the cables that come with the Naza.....no big deal just keep figuring a little more out each night....
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Pretty cool, thanks.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
29 Posts
how do you set the cut-offs for the battery?

i am using 4s-400mah 30c and only 30seconds in the LED flashes red.
i think my cutoff is too high 11.75
what should the values be for warning and then for autoland
trevlan is offline Find More Posts by trevlan
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Hi I have a dji naza gps everything but the red light keep on blinking I don't know if that's normal but I dont think so anyone have any idea why it may be doing that please
rickybritish is offline Find More Posts by rickybritish
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:14 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybritish View Post
Hi I have a dji naza gps everything but the red light keep on blinking I don't know if that's normal but I dont think so anyone have any idea why it may be doing that please
Hi, It could be a number of things, I wiould check the following things first -

Does it flash in sequences of 3 red flashes (followed by a green or yellow if in GPS or Atti mode) - this is the naza telling you it hasn't aquired satellites yet (and its unlikely to aquire if you are indoors)

It could be that your battery is below the warning levels set in the voltage monitor screen on the assistant

Related to battery again - it could be that the battery is charged but needs calibrating against the assistant.

Check the manual, there is a page (page 39 of the 2.3 version of the manual) that tells you what all of the light sequences mean, and it will tell you how to calibrate the assistant to your battery

Cheers
DaveB..>
GliderGuideMan is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,199 Posts
I'm posting here because I can't seem to find another good place to ask a NAZA question. I purchased my "new" Naza from Ebay recently and I wanted to test it. The problem is that I do not have the frame, motors or ESC's yet. I plugged my Optima 7 receiver into A,E,T,R,U ports and provided power to the Naza power box and plugged the other end into the power port on the Optima 7. The green light comes on quickly, then some other lights...then flashing red light quickly. I connect the Naza to the computer and I'm getting these errors. Is this because I don't have ESC's connected? I don't know why I would be getting a SN-ERR.
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Hmmmm, Thats a weird one. I have not seen that before. Did you contact the dealer you bought it from? Or was it a straight used item? If it was used, or purchased from an Unauthorized seller, it may be hard to get a warranty repair.
If you cant get any support or get it working through the person you bought it from, then you may need to get a new one. Check here for Authorized Dealers.
http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...ong-m/dealers/

Maybe wait and see if hooking up ESC's and such solve the problem first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101 View Post
I'm posting here because I can't seem to find another good place to ask a NAZA question. I purchased my "new" Naza from Ebay recently and I wanted to test it. The problem is that I do not have the frame, motors or ESC's yet. I plugged my Optima 7 receiver into A,E,T,R,U ports and provided power to the Naza power box and plugged the other end into the power port on the Optima 7. The green light comes on quickly, then some other lights...then flashing red light quickly. I connect the Naza to the computer and I'm getting these errors. Is this because I don't have ESC's connected? I don't know why I would be getting a SN-ERR.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:13 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,199 Posts
Ok, apparently when you click on the warning sign on the bottom left, it gives you a list of possible error codes. That doesn't mean they apply to you, it just tells you about them. Seems kind of weird, but I got the flashing red to go away. It was a simple wiring mistake on my part and the flashing red was actually just the volt meter telling me I was to low to fly. I disabled the volt meter and got a flashing yellow light. I cycled the power one more time, make sure the TX was on, then the Naza and boom, no flashing lights. When I switch from manual mode to ATT mode, I get a flashing yellow once every few seconds, which I think is normal. In manual mode, no lights flash. In the software, no errors are present.

So based on this, I think I probably have a good unit. :-) Thanks for your help
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member