HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
Discussion
gravity brand lipos

I recently purchased a Gravity brand lipo battery from SN hobbies in Vancouver B.C. They are identical to the Gens Ace batteries and I'v read that they are produced in the same factory. Does anyone have any more info on these batteries? I am trying to find the charge rates of the Gravity lipos.
turko is offline Find More Posts by turko
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:23 PM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,259 Posts
Why do you say those are "identical" to Gens Ace? They don't look any more so than any other brand does, and I see that there are some sizes that Gens Ace doesn't even offer.

Not arguing, just curious. And FYI, Gens Ace can be charged at up to 5C. Doesn't it say on the label what rate those Gravity ones can be charged at?
Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,656 Posts
Gravity as in what goes up must come down? Here is hoping they come down under Pilots full control.

That is allmost a good of a brand name as Billowy but atleast I know the Billowy brand are very good LiPolys.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
gravity batteries

I got an email from an employee of the gravity brand lipo and they can be charged a 5c as well and are indeed made in the same factory as Gens Ace.
turko is offline Find More Posts by turko
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:40 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
It seems you have had at least one of these Gravity lipos for awhile. So how does it perform?
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:15 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turko View Post
I got an email from an employee of the gravity brand lipo and they can be charged a 5c as well and are indeed made in the same factory as Gens Ace.
for USA RC people, IMO good to know. I read regular here that GensAce are out of stock at HobbyPartz
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:37 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
I just checked Hobby Partz and yes, it does seem that the Gens Ace lipos are almost jumping off the shelves. I checked both the 3S and 6S units I use. They had the 6S but not the 3S. These inventory levels will probably change in the next 48 hours or so.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Anyone else using these packs? I've heard some good reports from some helicopter pilots flying them...
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2009
34 Posts
I have about 4 packs of 3s 2200 25c for my 450 and a buddy has a couple for his planes. They so far have been great. I also have bought some poweredge, voltz and some others bands the gravity out perform the other bands. My gravity 25c has a lot more punch than my voltz 35c "would not recommend this battery" but here the problem our lhs won't carry them any more due to several problems some people are having. Some report dead cells, DOA and short life span but I can report that on my experience. I haven't used green aces or nano tech so i don't know how then compare.
gustorecoil is offline Find More Posts by gustorecoil
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Found this
Gravity Hobby Batteries - SN Hobbies (8 min 7 sec)

They look the same, same alum shield - I'm convinced.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes