SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:01 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,749 Posts
Discussion
Incidence meters. Got one?

Guys. If you have ever made a nice light weight incidence meter for your DLG please post it here.
Im in need of knowing my tail pitch in relation to my wing and the commercial offerings are far from light and would likely break my poor stab clean off.

Im curious to know what kind of levels,strings or even lazor lights I can come up with the make a quick,cheap devise. Got one?
At this point Im thinking about using a vertical string balanced from wing to tail but I know we can do better

thanks
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,117 Posts
Use trig.

I mount the plane in a set of blocks off a level surface such that the centerline of the fuse is parallel to the work surface. Then I measure the difference in height from the work surface the leading edge compared to the the trailing edge and divide it by the root chord for both the wing and the stab.

If the plane is zero - zero, the ratio of the (difference in height from the work surface of the leading edge - trailing edge) / root chord should be the same, other wise if I am aiming for some angle, I have to do the inverse Tan of each number to get the angle the surface is to the common surface to get the decalage.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High