HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:36 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
I have noticed that the site has been significantly faster the last week or so.
LOL. Right. But I would rather have 'slower and works' instead of 'lightning fast and broken'.

The way it is, it is almost impossible to find and item you are looking for...unless you have a direct link.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
It's not that bad for me.

Although this photo is, to me, a shining example of the quality of Banggood's search engine:

They've got some unique ways of charging batteries in China...
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Right! Coupled with the name of the site (Banggood), many of the items thrown into the Toys and Hobbies category are sure to raise an eyebrow with the wife...or whomever is looking over your shoulder.

"My, you have some strange hobbies!"
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:39 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Right! Coupled with the name of the site (Banggood), many of the items thrown into the Toys and Hobbies category are sure to raise an eyebrow with the wife...or whomever is looking over your shoulder.

"My, you have some strange hobbies!"
In contrary to these specific toys we actually try to REDUCE any vibrations on our gadgets...
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,716 Posts
That was funny as hell!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:23 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Arr0w,

That pic is another type of charging/plug in unit. LOL
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:08 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Arr0w,

That pic is another type of charging/plug in unit. LOL
It's a plug for sure, but I don't think it will fit a walkera.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
LMAO@Arr0w's comment.....

Keeping life light and humorous is the only way to go.....

Happy flying.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,716 Posts
See, I didn't even know they had chargers. Do they still have 450 parts. I can't find them anymore. Only some new canopies.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:52 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Thnks ordered 5 of those chargers
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:01 AM
Unregistered User
United States, CO
Joined Feb 2013
291 Posts
Feedback on Banggood.com

This is for anyone in the US looking for feedback on Banggood.com. I placed an order with them on Jan 8th, 2013 for MJX replacement parts. They were slightly lower in cost than Amazon including shipping. The order took over 3 weeks to receive from Causway Bay, HK to the US. The items were jammed in a small box with hardly any packing material and over half were broken upon receipt. I emailed the company and never heard back from any of my several emails. I opened a claim with PayPal and they wanted me to spend half the cost of the items in returning to get a refund. Banggood.com never responded to any emails from PayPal either. After, I learned that they don't have to do anything because PayPal won't refund your money without sending the items back no matter what the cost or communication.

So if you're in the US and need parts for a heli or some other foreign item, ask yourself first; What will I have to do to get my money back if the company sends defective items, or packages it in a way that it gets broken, or they are a less than ethical company and know the tricks to screw you out of your money? Learn from my mistake and don't order from this company if you are in the US.
LonB is offline Find More Posts by LonB
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:14 AM
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonB View Post
This is for anyone in the US looking for feedback on Banggood.com. I placed an order with them on Jan 8th, 2013 for MJX replacement parts. They were slightly lower in cost than Amazon including shipping. The order took over 3 weeks to receive from Causway Bay, HK to the US. The items were jammed in a small box with hardly any packing material and over half were broken upon receipt. I emailed the company and never heard back from any of my several emails. I opened a claim with PayPal and they wanted me to spend half the cost of the items in returning to get a refund. Banggood.com never responded to any emails from PayPal either. After, I learned that they don't have to do anything because PayPal won't refund your money without sending the items back no matter what the cost or communication.

So if you're in the US and need parts for a heli or some other foreign item, ask yourself first; What will I have to do to get my money back if the company sends defective items, or packages it in a way that it gets broken, or they are a less than ethical company and know the tricks to screw you out of your money? Learn from my mistake and don't order from this company if you are in the US.
It does state on their website that the employees are on break for chinese new year however I completely agree with you reguarding the packaging; its less than sub par for any fragile items. Once their employees do return and get a chance to respond I'm sure they will resolve this. I had a replacement sent to me because the first was broken and it was broken as well, they did however refund my PayPal within a couple days. Their customer service reps do genuinely care for their customers but that doesn't mean the employees responsible for shipping are
live2rc is offline Find More Posts by live2rc
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonB View Post

Thank you for this information. Life is too short to have to deal with that amount of time wasted in getting a resolution. I don't think this is because of the Chinese New Year. Plus, I read stories like this from different people every couple of weeks.
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
CB100, 4#6, V911, V939, V912
Modesto, CA
Joined Jan 2006
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2rc View Post
It does state on their website that the employees are on break for chinese new year however I completely agree with you reguarding the packaging; its less than sub par for any fragile items. Once their employees do return and get a chance to respond I'm sure they will resolve this. I had a replacement sent to me because the first was broken and it was broken as well, they did however refund my PayPal within a couple days. Their customer service reps do genuinely care for their customers but that doesn't mean the employees responsible for shipping are
A few of their customer service employees are working. I placed an order last Monday with BG. Realizing the holiday delay, I left them a message on Wednesday to cancel the order. On Thursday, I received a reply saying that the order had been canceled. I also received confirmation from PayPal that my payment was refunded. Just my experience.
heligeek is offline Find More Posts by heligeek
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Gotcha. Well when it all comes down to it, you really do get what you pay for in the end. From my experience, the products are listed at great prices but they would save both themselves and their customers much time and money if only they would take the time to package the items carefully. If you've read anything about shipping times in this thread then you know what to expect, its free shipping and you get what you pay for, or in this case you get what you don't pay for...which you then have to pay time for replacements or a refund.
live2rc is offline Find More Posts by live2rc