HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:47 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
Oh man, this looks too cool. On special today. I don't think I'm going to be able to resist. And it looks like it might be a Flysky Tx, which would just be icing on the cake! I think I just found my first boat!

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ft...t-p-63263.html

FT007 RC Boat (4 min 52 sec)
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:03 AM
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Haha! That's one heck of a way to launch a boat! That looks like a lot of fun!
live2rc is offline Find More Posts by live2rc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:07 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
I ordered it along with some other RC supplies with a $2 coupon I got with points. You can't use the coupon with deals items so I add to buy some other stuff. No problem!

I found another video and I'm a little less excited now because it's smaller than I expected. I guess that's why it's so inexpensive. I figure it's like all my other micro planes, cars and helis and I love those, and they all cost a lot more than this. Still, on the store linked on this video, you can see the insides and see that it's fully upgradeable if a part fails. There's a regular servo in there and I guess you could put a standard Rx and brushess ESC and a little outrunner in there. But stock is fine for now. I have plenty of 2s lipos. The Banggood ad is wrong on the battery. It's not a ncad. It's a lipo or lion. it says 7.4V 800mah, and comes with a balance plug and JST discharge, so that's no nicad. I think I'll put a low voltage alarm on it to be safe.
TBM FT007 Red Racing Boat (5 min 54 sec)
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:13 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
how long does an item take to come from banggood. I ordered on jan 13 so I'm wondered about approximately how much longer I'm in Los Angeles.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
how long does an item take to come from banggood. I ordered on jan 13 so I'm wondered about approximately how much longer I'm in Los Angeles.
My original order took 10 days, the replacement order took 8 days and it has now been 16 days since my last order has shipped. If my package doesn't arrive today I will contact them to see what's going on.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:02 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
I'm on the east coast and it usually takes the better part of a month.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2rc View Post
My original order took 10 days, the replacement order took 8 days and it has now been 16 days since my last order has shipped. If my package doesn't arrive today I will contact them to see what's going on.
You can use their tracking to see where your package is. If you have an account, log in and go to account>orders. If you don't, I believe you can just take the order # they gave you and your email address and get tracking from that.

Mine was ordered the 14th. Actually shipped the 23rd. Sat in Germany for a week, nearly two. Now it's on the east coast, and on it's way to me. Should have it this week.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:43 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Arr0w,

Thank you for explaining that out, it helps me to understand why they split one of my orders and changed the single order into three different shipments. They must have products stocked at many locations around the world.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:02 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Oh man, this looks too cool. On special today. I don't think I'm going to be able to resist. And it looks like it might be a Flysky Tx, which would just be icing on the cake! I think I just found my first boat!

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ft...t-p-63263.html

http://youtu.be/sGrkU0Ip1VU
If they had spare props and batts, I would have ordered this today.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:06 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
I think it comes with a spare and and I saw them available elsewhere under the clone model from Double Horse. Batt's, even the stock one fits loose because it's not the original one. Just use 2S lipo. Now, you can get the equivalent clone from DH on ebay for $40 shipped, but it comes with a 7.2V nimh batt and a 27Mhz radio. Still looks like the same speed tho. So this was no screaming deal, but most of the cheaper ones are the older tech.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:48 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
2.4, reverse and self righting sold it for me.
Which DH clone is equal to it?
I may just bite the bullet and get it. I know I can get lipos for it. Just really want spare props. Hopefully it will come with one extra. I thought I saw that somewhere too.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:03 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
The DH 9007 I think. But it is not 2.4 and has a small nimh pack. I would not trust this to have an LVC and plan to use an alarm on it. Then run it for 5 mins and check voltage.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
234 Posts
Just a heads up to those placing orders from banggood, this is on their web page banner and has been since the 3rd:

"Dear customers, our warehouses and staff will be taking a break from February 4th to February 18th 2013 to celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year. Orders placed during this period may be slightly delayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Happy New Year!"
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Is it just me, or is Banggood's website search function broken?
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:59 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Is it just me, or is Banggood's website search function broken?
The whole database is pretty unstable. Often if you click new items, and then try to select a sub-category (RC Toys, for example) it will yield a completely blank result, despite saying "showing 30 of 70 items" or similar.

It seems to be effected completely randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I have noticed that the site has been significantly faster the last week or so.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead