dro56595@bigpo is online now Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:20 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Hey Dan, decals should be ready this week from what I am told, and they are doing final paint layups, here is a pic of paint sample.

Already got quite a few pre-sold now from the 3 dozen inital kits, I would advise anyone wanting one by xmas to get your order in soon as they will be packed and shipped in the order they were purchased.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Hi Guys!!!
Update time, am terribly sorry the delivery has dragged out a few more weeks, the factory promises me the Mirages will be ready to start shipping on Monday. All orders for kit only will be going out first, I have forwarded the shipping manifest for all the pre orders and they are preparing the EMS documents ready.

Orders with retracts will be delayed a few days as the have run out of them! Should be in by mid next week then the retract kits will start shipping out as well. I believe everyone who has pre-ordered will get their kit before xmas.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:50 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,443 Posts
Hi all,

Picked mine up from the post office today. Reasonable paint job on top, a little scrappy on the bottom - was obviously handled while the paint was still wet. Nothing a quick touch-up can't fix.

Decals look good!

Otherwise, a standard HTG Mirage. Might have to put a Wemo/Arc3675/8s in it while Extreme Daddy gets the Jetfan setup sorted for me (no rush Mark).

Cheers,

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Hey guys, just to let everyone know, decals are now in stock and ready to ship out, I have a good pile of them here and hundreds more on hand. Water slide Aussie Mirage markings, could use them for other aussie AC as well.
Find them HERE!

Dan, whenever you want the Jetfan just email me, good to go anytime!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:28 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Well I got busy over the weekend, seeing as it will be a few more weeks before I can fly again I wanted to get the Mirage done so the paint and clear coat hardens up nicely. My green is not as dark as it should be but not being able to drive meant going with what I had If it annoys me I can always redo it, got plenty of decals!

Decals are very easy to use, quite thick and strong for water slide, colours are not bad but the yellow and red could have been a bit deeper, so much for CMYK colour matching, trust the chinese to take no notice of colour codes....

Its not finished yet, I was going to wrap the tail in plastic to emulate the rear of the Mirage III but forgot, I might fill in all the area with spackle then create the short tailcone section and paint it in with titanium tamiya acrylic, should look good enough from 6ft!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,443 Posts
Very nice! Must find some time to get into mine. Got a few other jobs to do first though
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:09 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
97 Posts
Nice nice!:d
gen3v8 is offline Find More Posts by gen3v8
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:43 PM
Australia, NSW, East Maitland
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Gday Guys

I'm new here, though not new to "forum" scenes. Being a nerd I am a member of quite a few PC building forum and have posted many build logs.

I have been looking at EDF Jets for a few years now. Seeing this Mirage III has me considering biting the bullet.

I am a complete noob with RC aircraft, though as a kid I had a string line Testor Spitfire which didn't last long. lols I am an aircraft fan, building heaps of plastic models and enjoy flying aircraft in PC game ie Battlefield series.

One of my first purchases as a apprentice was a RC "Wild Willy" Tamiya (87) and last built a Tamiya "Baja 4wd Buggy" in 2000. So I do have some basic idea of RC.

I am looking forward to contributing where possible and truly appreciate any help in my new venture.

Cheers Bob
bobbavet is offline Find More Posts by bobbavet
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
ooooh yeah
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Don't take this the wrong way but an edf jet is possibly the worst place to start out in rc planes. Although the FlyFly Mirage is a very "easy" jet to fly, it's not a good place to start. Trust me, when I got into rc planes over a decade ago all I wanted to fly was jets, but I bit the bullet and started out with a basic 4 channel conventional high wing trainer and worked my way up the performance grades (low wing trainer, sport planes, scale planes, then jets) and am a much better (and richer lol) pilot as a result. If I had started with jets I recon I would've lasted 1 fight before the inevitable total destruction crash.

For starting out I would recommend a Bixler from hobbyking.com, damn near indestructible with a few mods and a brilliant beginners plane, cheap too.

Planes and equipment is sooooooo cheap now compared to back then, makes starting out much less of a daunting task and you can get more planes for the same expenditure.
Frenche is offline Find More Posts by Frenche
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:22 PM
Australia, NSW, East Maitland
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenche View Post
Welcome to the forum
Don't take this the wrong way but an edf jet is possibly the worst place to start out in rc planes.
Gday Frenche 8)

"Don't panic Mr Mannering!" lols

Nah it's ok. I don't plan of flying the Mirage straight away. It is going to be kited out slowly and be my motivation ie end goal. I do wanna jump in and get one cause the chances of finding another later would be difficult I should imagine. I have heard they fly well and are on the lerner friendly level, so I thought for a 90mm it would be a good place to start.

I am in the Hunter Valley and the Wlliamtown Mirages were often seen flying around as a kid, so they are an old favourite. My Ole man will freak when he sees it, he is a military buff.

Will give me something to do over the winter. I have heard the term "glassig" of the fuselage. I take it this is a hardening of the fuselage.? How is this done (is their any demo threads/youtube vids). Is it done before of after painting/ installing servos etc.

I will probably get the Bixler as you suggested thanks. I am after a suggestion for the RC radio. I want something I could use for the Bixler and the Mirage, has PC usb capabilities for simulation and not too expensive.
bobbavet is offline Find More Posts by bobbavet
Last edited by bobbavet; Apr 20, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:08 PM
ooooh yeah
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,600 Posts
For a radio a Turnigy 9xr is hard to beat http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Module_.html Simply add whatever module you want (Spektrum, FrySky, JR, etc, etc) and you have a very capable system.
Frenche is offline Find More Posts by Frenche