Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJpilot316 View Post
Hey guys,

Got a question for you, and maybe I can pick up some pointers and ideas from all of you too.

Ive been thinking of ways to make money, mostly to pay for my flight training. (Real world, im a PPL right now working on my IFR Rating). And I have found that I have a knack for finding good deals and being able to resell them. So my question is this: How do you feel about reselling things to try to make a profit? An example would be, say I find someone clearing out thier hangar and has 5 planes for $100. If they are easily worth $75 apiece, would I be in the wrong to sell them each for $50 or even $75 to try to make some money? Or If I buy an iPod locally for $50 and sell it for $100 here...does that sound ok?

Im sure I could find lots of stuff to buy and sell here (Always by reasonable prices), but I dont want anyone to be offended or feel cheated by it.

So, any thoughts?
If you buy stuff from people at a price they agreed to, they are happy with the deal.

If you sell stuff to people at a price they agree to, they are happy with the deal.

Seems like a good situation for everyone.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
I do it all the time. Business is business.

Unless of course it was given to you by someone to use. That would be a bit rude I think.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:35 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
507 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I just bought 3 boats for $400 total and am selling each one for $180, that seller got what he wanted and the guys buying the boats are getting a good deal or they wouldn't have bought them. I don't see any problem with reselling, heck if your item isn't worth what you ask for it, it won't sell.
seabee CE is offline Find More Posts by seabee CE