SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Apr 2011
225 Posts
Some of these comments are "selective" when critisizing the OP. The problem is not the 24 hours, you are making a big thing out off, but the two weeks after that that it took them to process the return..........

However you did hit the nail on the head when you said they are in the business of mail order RC parts. What you did miss is that there are vendors who are in the business of supplying the customer with what they want when they want. Even if HK are just in the business of mail order parts, they couldn't even do that right, they put the wrong address on the parcel. And that was not out of HK's control, neither was the failure to deliver the 2nd order! Contracts are a very basic concept no matter where you buy from or live:- "I pay you deliver" and if you dont deliver or what you do deliver doesn't work you must give me my money back, or it's theft. Hey even a vending machine can get that concept right.

I also find it amazing that some would spend the sort of money they claim to have spent and I wonder exactly what they bought for that value. For a third of the amount they claim they have spent they could buy what is considered to be the "Rolls Royce" of Helicopters which will only break if you crash it.

It is not true that only bad stories are told about vendors. My first major Heli purchase was made because of good reports when I did some research (Ehirobo). In fact I couldn't find any bad reports about them, and I know of only one bad report, which quite frankly didn't seem as innocent as made out to be and made a long time after my first purchase. The threads are full of praise for vendors that deserve it. I have recently, in the search of an alternative to HK, found another relatively unkown vendor also in Hong Kong. When I receive my order, I will happily write something about them in the vendor's area, good or bad, and list the details of my experience and let others form their own opinion.

If vendors like HK are the accepted standard for you then you need to explore a bit and discover the vendors who do value customer service, and are still competitive in price..
PaulsBA is offline Find More Posts by PaulsBA
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Hey, thanks for the lecture. Based on my experiances of over 70 orders complete with no problems and your non-sensical tiraid, I will still order from them when they have what I need. Lets discuss some of your comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsBA View Post
Some of these comments are "selective" when critisizing the OP. The problem is not the 24 hours, you are making a big thing out off, but the two weeks after that that it took them to process the return............
EVERYONE BE INFORMED, IT TAKES ALONG TIME TO PROCESS RETURNS AT HK. Hope you don't have too many returns. I returned a gyro and it took 3 months to get the replacement. It was out of stock when I returned it and it took along time to get in. If this is a show stopper for you, don't order from HK.

Quote:
..... Even if HK are just in the business of mail order parts, they couldn't even do that right, they put the wrong address on the parcel. And that was not out of HK's control, neither was the failure to deliver the 2nd order! Contracts are a very basic concept no matter where you buy from or live:- "I pay you deliver" and if you dont deliver or what you do deliver doesn't work you must give me my money back, or it's theft. Hey even a vending machine can get that concept right.
There is no proof they put the wrong address on the label, maybe they did, but you actually don't know that. I received a package that was going to be sent back due to a wrong address, kept getting sent to different post office hubs. I place a track on it and finally got it delievered to my post office. I can't figure it out, my address was correct including zip code That particular order was from target hobby not HK. There is no proof that HK messed this up twice, but my money would be they did as I generally have great luck with the US post office. If the OP has asked to have it resent, I am sure they would have no-charge. If you get pissy, they will lilkely impose their store policies which you should have read before pressing ORDER.

Quote:
I also find it amazing that some would spend the sort of money they claim to have spent and I wonder exactly what they bought for that value. For a third of the amount they claim they have spent they could buy what is considered to be the "Rolls Royce" of Helicopters which will only break if you crash it.
I have not seen anyone say how much money they spent at HK, lots of folks have lots of orders. It's none of your business what we with lots of orders bought and what value we got. But you can assume we believe the value is there becaused we ordered it and keep ordering. If I wanted one helicopter, I could have stopped 4 years ago when I had one helicopter. Thank goodness we don't need your approval to spend our money.

Quote:
If vendors like HK are the accepted standard for you then you need to explore a bit and discover the vendors who do value customer service, and are still competitive in price..
Wow, you are arrogant. Why don't you just save us from ourselves and tell us where to buy our hobbyparts.

I buy bulk things from HK, things I don't need on tomorrows build. Never order anything that is backordered, I don't order odd shaped things like canopys and blades as they always stick you with extrashipping that makes those types of items non-competitive with US based stores like Hobbypartz and Valuehobby. Maybe that is why I do OK with them. If you don't want to shop at HK, that is great, if you do, good for you. Share your bad experiance in the vendor section and move on. Most of the complaints I read about HK appear to be due to lack of patience, if you want stuff now, you should look somewhere else.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Hey, thanks for the lecture. Based on my experiances of over 70 orders complete with no problems and your non-sensical tiraid, I will still order from them when they have what I need.
That is my experience too, but I pay attention to what I'm ordering and where it comes from, and if it comes from China, I don't expect it to arrive any time soon. If I need something right away, I go to LHS.

How do we know you didn't put the wrong address in the first place? Computers very rarely copy things wrong - if the wrong address got on the envelope, it was probably entered wrong by a human being, and it's very likely that human being was the customer. I use address validation software here, and I've seen it do some funky things, but I've never seen it take a good address and make it bad.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
Joined Apr 2011
225 Posts
If you haven't seen someone saying how much they have spent, please re-read post #14.

As for your 3 month return issue to resolve, that is exactly my point. It is really slow compared to other vendors, but then HKs percentage of returns is probably a lot higher than other vendors. I also suggest you read the vendor forums, and you will get the impression your three months is a good result for HK, and probably ocurred a while ago.

Your accusation that I am arrogant prooves my point. You have accepted poor service as being the norm. Refusing to accept 2nd rate service is not arrogance. Other suppliers also in Hong Kong, also capable of bulk orders, don't take nearly as long to ship, and have products which are well priced for the quality. BTW arrogance is around self importance. Not possible given the comment was effectively to try others.

And how do we know the OP didn't put the incorrect address on the order in the first place? Re-read his post and you will see he checked it after the event. He didn't need "software that does funky things" to check it either.
PaulsBA is offline Find More Posts by PaulsBA
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:35 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
If you haven't seen someone saying how much they have spent, please re-read post #14.
I've kind of been handed the mantle of the local parts supplier for the local kids (and not so little kids) RC toys etc as they are not so easy to source locally here in Finland... with Finnish customs the way it is, its far cheaper to consolidate orders into one big one due to customs clearance fees (They can charge you €27 just to tell you that you have no duty to pay)
Where I live is a close knit community where everyone knows a "guy up the road" who does most things and I am the computer and cool toys "Guy up the road"
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:28 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
This thread is not making sense. IMO, people need to chill out a little bit on these vendors. A little perspective is what I was trying to give. I don't understand why everyone expects everything to be instant. No wonder your expectations aren't being met - it must be a sucky way to go through life.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Yep,HK is slow. It's your business how you deal with it...or don't

I am sorry for calling you arrogant PaulsBA, thank you for telling me you are not No need for name calling
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Last edited by ewoodcox; Mar 28, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined May 2012
98 Posts
No real issues with Hobbyking with me

I will admit, they aren't always the fastest with processing and shipping orders, but it has always gotten here. I've had 2 warranty claims over my 16 orders, one was resolved instantly, and I am still waiting yo see how the second turns out...please be good.
Hogwit is offline Find More Posts by Hogwit
Old May 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Came here to say that... the OP is basically asking HK to take the hit on something that was out of their control, and they are willing to do it, and it didn't even take very long to work it out. I don't see any reason to complain about this. Have them send you your batteries and be done with it.

Honestly, I can't understand complaining about something not getting checked into a warehouse after only 24 hours. Do you know the size of the pile of returns they have? How do you know it's not a 2-day job? Also, once you enter service land, you are outside the normal flow of business. HobbyKing's primary business is mail-order RC parts, NOT processing returns. Those things get second priority, and complaining that the process is not as fast as the normal process is kinda lame.

IMO, you've been treated as well as could be expected. You misunderstood what you were ordering and where you were ordering from, and even after being told what the situation is, you still don't like it? YOUR problem, not theirs.

Remember, this stuff used to take "6 to 8 weeks for delivery" and that was AFTER the post office sent your order form, which you had to fill out by hand and any mistakes you made were your problem. These days, people complain about things after 24 hours?! Are you NUTS? Have some perspective. These companies are moving mountains for you.
Seriously Jasmine? Are you NUTS? Dont care who is at fault as long as it wasnt me. It is a business and businesses NEED to make the customer Happy regardless! THAT is how a business becomes a successful business instead of a fly by night business. I buy and pay for something, the company needs to do EVERYTHING they can to get what I bought to me. If the item I bought isnt right then THAT business needs to do EVERYTHING to make it right. It takes a thousand good words to make a business look good and only ONE bad one to take it all away. Your friggin NUTS Jasmine!
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old May 09, 2012, 11:32 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Really? I'm crazy for suggesting that spending $20 to make a $2 customer happy is not a sustainable business model? Think it through - you're asking them to do something unprofitable, and for what? To avoid yet another forum post that everyone will ignore? They know full well these complaints don't hurt them. So why would they bend over backwards and lose money to prevent that? Customer service is wicked expensive to provide, and if it's not profitable to provide it, then it's really hard to make a case for it in the board room. Management doesn't approve unprofitable programs. Simple as that.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:41 AM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Oh brother, or is it sister?
Either way your just an argumentive person eh?
Old May 09, 2012, 11:51 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOS View Post
Either way your just an argumentive person eh?
Did you honestly think you could insult my mental health and I would just let it go?
Old May 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
LOL! Yea Ok.. LOL!
Have a good day
Last edited by WOS; May 10, 2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old May 09, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoPIC View Post
This may be the wrong forum, but I fly helis so this is the forum I watch.

A while ago I purchased 2 orders from Hobby King. I had to separate the order because the items I wanted were in two different warehouses(first warning to stop the order). I ordered some batteries from a US warehouse and blades for my 500 size heli. within a week I watched tracking for the batteries... they arrived at my local PO and then got shipped back for wrong address. I jumped to my email and check the receipt... oddly enough the address was correct. I contacted the PO and they said it had to go back tot he shipper. I contacted Hobby King and they said it had to get back to them before they could say anything...

1 week later...

Hobby king rep says that they can't do anything until it us processed into the warehouse(it has been at the warehouse for a day according to USPS tracking)

After about 2 more weeks I get a contact saying that they have received my package returned.

I told them to refund me.

They replied saying I have in store credit (minus shipping)

I said refund my PayPal the full amount.

They replied the will refund me minus shipping cost.

I filed a PayPal dispute...

I understand an employee or the post office messing up... I can get over mistakes everyone makes them...

However the other order I placed for the blades has never arrived. It's been well over a month... nearing 2 months and they haven't arrived.
I order stuff from Hong Kong all the time HeliPal has delivered ever order withing 6-7 days.... they sent an order to Afghanistan within 3 weeks when I was deployed.

So I don't know what is up with Hobby King, but since there are about 20 other websites perhaps consider them.

I read the forums. I know people buy stuff from them. Awesome, lucky, what ever? I have never seen this from any online business(and I have purchased a lot of stuff from Hong Kong... I played with Walkera stuff).

When I ran my website, customers came first... more than 50% of my gross income went to making sure that customers got what they wanted... and I made quite a bit of money and never had a single person(literal) post a negative comment.

That is why this "business?" has got me so dumbfounded.

This is an email from them in response to me saying PayPal allows partial refunds.... I finally agreed to take the cost of my items with out the shipping cost, however I will not cancel my PayPal dispute until they do the partial refund.

"Please kindly note that if you don't close the dispute, we can't refund the rest money to your account, you will get nothing at last, we really want to help you solve this problem, you may think about it and let us know your decision."
Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Kyle
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive"

This is from PayPal when I went to end the dispute and allow them to give me a partial refund:

"Remember, a closed dispute cannot be re-opened or escalated to a claim
with PayPal. Make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the outcome of
this dispute before you close it.

For example, if the seller is offering a refund, wait until the funds are in your PayPal account before closing this dispute. "

Obviously, I can't end the dispute until they give at least the partial refund.
I have ordered twice from these guys and they are the slowest i have ever dealt with ! Payed wit paypal, 8 days later it still has not been shipped. get a e-mail today saying ill be happy to know its being packaged for shipping. LOL ill be happy to never order from them again. And on this rant dont bother ordering from that EHirobo place either everything they sell has to come from hong-kong last time it took 18 bloody days to get here !!
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old May 09, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2007
100 Posts
There's actually a simple solution to everyone who's all bent out of shape over a bad experience with HK. Don't buy from them again! The fewer customers they have, the faster they can process orders from those of us who are patient enough to wait weeks, sometimes months to receive our super-cheap parts.

Seriously, there's a way to get your cheap, questionable quality parts from Hong Kong pretty quickly. I placed a bunch of small orders to different Hong Kong suppliers. You'd be surprised at shipping charges, sometimes it's cheaper than US suppliers. I found one site that delivered my order to the East Coast in three days!

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the website's name.
faa51408 is offline Find More Posts by faa51408