Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:01 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Idea
Csc-ex3

Hi guys.

Just few words to introduce my newest design, the CSC-EX3.

Great success of Edi Winter´s 2011 Jabber at the Worlds put me in the quest of data and inspiration to transfer that "weird" bike geometry to a nitro bike.

About 30 hours of 2D drawings and 100 more of 3D after, I´m proud to show you these.

Hope you like it.

Cesar, from Spain.

Any company interested? Please, make a row and prepare your bids.

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Some more interesting views for anybody "interested" about the bike (copy, support, bid for the design...)

Naked tranny...

Every pinion/spur are mod1 for 5mm shaft. No bevel drive shown (doesn´t arrive yet)

Bike internals, once one chassis plate and both left swingarm plates have been removed.

Another view from the ISS

And other one from the ground.

Hope you like it.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:30 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
639 Posts
looks interesting

Is this Bike really shaft-driven?
Just wonder if this has bad influence on the handling?
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:41 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
looks interesting

Is this Bike really shaft-driven?
Just wonder if this has bad influence on the handling?
I was concerned about this too but...

Always heard the complexity of BMW Paralever is due to strange effects a bevel drive system interfering with suspension. At BMW installed two universal joints on the drive shaft and two different pivot points on the swingarm to absorb that...

But this bike feature engine and tranny on the swingarm, so no suspension interferences are expected.

In fact, much less than a standard chain/sprocket system because rotating mass are much lower and closer to each shaft´s center. No chain tension variations, lot less inertial momment, lot less tranny play...

Thank you very much for your interest. You´re the first to post after 100 views...

Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:26 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
More pics about the "weirdness" of this proyect...

I decided to design a new type of calipers, that could achieve the "World Slimest" award.

Explanations will follow, let´s see some pics:

This is how the caliper looks when actuated...

Caliper inners.

External brake pad (thicker one) feature two tracks (conical) where the balls travel up and down

Lever inners, with same conical tracks but upside down....

Hope you like this too.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Different for sure..... Looking at your design i couldn't help to think that the engine,exhaust, carb and throttle servo as well as the drive train. Will pivot up and down when the swingarm is moving up and down?????? Just like the 1:1 scooters?????

Like the caliber it sorta reminds me of a wedge style brake caliper i tried way back. (Similar in operating concept) The wedge would be pulled up to make the pads make contact with the disc. The brake dust,dirt and grime would cause them to lock or not work as smooth. Had to scrap that design,they were nice and more scaled looking than my previous calipers.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Last edited by swheels; Mar 24, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
639 Posts
I have to see the brakepad in real life to understand how it engages. Just make sure you don't loose your Balls

And I noticed your Roller Bars are still flying - will they be mounted on the front frame, or will you try to mount them on the swingarm? If on the swingarm, talk to Edi about his experience with that.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
Swheels, you´re right and found the best way to describe this swingarm setup..... Scooter!!!

Calipers are the result of a brainstorm trying to scale down the wire actuated mountain bike calipers for disc hubs.

On the inside, those calipers look pretty similar to this design. Or at least, the disc caliper I installed in a 1/4 scale truck a lot of years ago.

Gartenz, I´ll try not to loose "my" balls...

About roller bars, I´m interested to test a pivoting system as Edi designed for his 2012 Jabber.

They would be mounted in a subframe, pivoting on ball bearings right behind steering servo and connected to the swingarm by an adjustable link.

In case these setup doesn´t work, I´m going to create a chassis tail (I need a rear body mount too....) where roller bars would be installed then.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:02 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,393 Posts
You will need a sturdy rear body mount or it makes launching a bike back onto the track difficult.

Some over here tried a thin piece of 6mm nylon rod as the back support and it always felt awkward pushing them away, and I was pushing by the tail, not by the rider( I dare not push by the rider because that would make things more difficult for a good launch, marshalling is hard enough!).
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_414_m2 View Post
Swheels, you´re right and found the best way to describe this swingarm setup..... Scooter!!!

Now that's COOL! You've design the first ever rc nitro scooter! I don't think a set scooter fairings would be easy to make(atleast for me) But i would love to see it built.
I've watched some fullsize scooter racing on youtude.And those things are very serious racers and fast.. Never once again your ahead of the game!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
I don´t plan to dress the bike as a Yamaha Aerox "Rossi Edition". I prefer Pedrosa style...

Jonathan, you´re right about the problems of marshaling, but many of them have been solved till SB5 fairing arrived. Its monocoque design offers many "hard places" to launch the bike.

This is the body I´ll install on this bike, same I did on my other nitro CSC-EX1.

I´ll try to upload a pic of this bike with a SB5 body installed, or just placed behind.

Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
These pics are dedicated to Swheels...

The confirmation that no "scooter" body will be installed. In fact, I´ve tested in Autocad 2008 the size of the SB5 body in order to realize where body mounts would be.

Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
i still say scooter....
3 servos to operate bike right...I'm pretty sure you you want the throttle servo operating the brakes.When the throttle servo will be moving with the swingarm.

Actually you could get away with having the throttle servo stationary.So it doesn't have to move with the swingarm.This should eleminate some weight that the rear shock has to keep in control.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
546 Posts
In fact, four servos for this bike...

Steering (low profile), throttle (micro), front brakes (mini) and rear brakes (mini too).

Two first of the list are installed on the bike from very early development stages. The other two still wait for a place to be.

I plan to install the micro servo that will handle the duties of throttle between the carb and the rear tyre. Rear brake servo could be installed between chassis plates behind steering servo.

More to come soon.

Cesar.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Throttle servo also operates brakes
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665