HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:43 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,851 Posts
Discussion
FY31AP and Infinity-Hobby.com

Wow. I had to write this because of how impressed I was.
Last week I decided to make the jump to UHF, Diversity receiver for my 5.8Ghz, tracking station, basically the full plunge that takes my TSII from staying close, to being able to get some of the distance that others get, but doing it hopefully without risking the loss of it all.
One item I had been reading a lot about (Thanks Ali for all the great video) was the FY31AP.
My only issue was going to be using it with my ezOSD as I have settled on using all immersionrc product. This just meant that I would have to have 2 gps units on the plane.
Of course, as it always seems to be, the day the ezUHF comes in stock, Tim at Readymaderc runs out of the FY31.
I like to get everything in at once and was frustrated trying to find the FY31 in stock somewhere.
A user on here turned me on to Infinity-hobby and said they had them in stock.
I ordered one at about 1:30 in the afternoon on March 20th.
I just signed for it and paid the duty (33 dollars).
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
With shipping it came to 226.76 plus the 33 dollars I paid here.
It came here, from Taipei Taiwan, in two days via fed ex.
Wow.
Color me impressed.
I will be recommending these guys in the future.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:02 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
We bought two FY31AP's for our Twinstars from Infinity-hobby and got them quickly as well. not surprised since we know this store for a long time and their service is always excellent.

BTW, we also use them in parallel (meaning, two GPS receivers onboard) with the CEOSD and it works great. only thing that the Hornet OSD have which ours don't is the display in which flight mode you're in (RTH, Manual etc.)

Good luck with your new setup.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,851 Posts
Thanks a lot oded.
Where did you mount your FY on your twinstars?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,215 Posts
I couldn't be happier with Infinity Hobby. I ordered a quad late Saturday night and was signing for it on the following Tuesday. Great support too. I highly recommend these guys.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:38 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
418 Posts
Infinity-hobby=best shop all over the world!
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
We all opened a "door" in the fuselage side and mounted the 31AP in the compartment right after the trailing edge of the wing. plenty of room and a very neat arrangement. all Twinstars fly great with the 31AP, seems like a good combination...
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oded mazor View Post
We all opened a "door" in the fuselage side and mounted the 31AP in the compartment right after the trailing edge of the wing. plenty of room and a very neat arrangement. all Twinstars fly great with the 31AP, seems like a good combination...
Do you have any pictures of that side door?