SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
Rant
Another Hobby King order gone awry

Ordered a bunch of items from Hobby King on March 5th. ALL items were in stock. Most of the stuff consisted of wire, deans connectors, bullet connectors, some wheels. Items to replenish my stock (except for the wheels, that's another story). Most of the stuff I didn't need "now" but sure would have like to have it now..

March 5th order.
March 7th showed shipped.
March 1-12th....no updated shipping info.
March 12th...contacted live chat (Ivy...but apparently everyone there is named Ivy). She said, "Hong Kong post very busy, keep checking"
March 16.... no updated info. Contacted Live chat. She said "keep checking". I say...fix it....she say "opening inquiry"
March 19th I sent an email to their customer service. Response was they were opening an investigation.

Today....no word yet. I opened a Paypal dispute. Now here is something that is interesting. After opening the Paypal dispute, my order at HK went away. Is that normal????

I consider this order as being gone and I will probably be out my $110.

Had to order my wheels for my B-25 bomber from Wholesaletrains. That is another fiasco. Don't ever order from Wholesaletrains either.

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: BTW...this was my 5th order with HK and the other 4 were flawless. go figure.
JurassicJet is offline Find More Posts by JurassicJet
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:37 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,916 Posts
In the US, the postal service and I believe UPS also, will not start any tracing actions for a "lost" package until 3 weeks or more after it was shipped. Nothing the shipper can do to speed it up.

Doesn't opening a PayPal dispute tell the vendor you are not going to pay for the order? If so, that's probably why your order was cancelled (In which case it doesn't appear in the Orders list anymore).
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
I do not know if the 3 week time limit applies to their carrier (hong Kong post) or not.
Of course what I find frustrating is at nearly two weeks after my first contact there is still nothing.
You could be correct about Paypal although just opening a dispute does not necessarily mean that payment is stopped. I have never had to do this before.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Did you order with or without tracking number? Without it takes up to 21 business days to get to north america. With tracking, the longest i had to wait was 15 business days. Sometimes it sat at hkpost for a good week before it was slated for shipping , them the 10 business day thing.

Good luck
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
it does having a tracking number but when you click on it or even manually enter it at Hong Kong post absolutely no tracking info is displayed.
I would think that when HK said they would open an investigation they could quickly tell if the package left their facility or where it went.

I would also think If I was asking for a package that did not have a tracking number they would say "hey dummy, no tracking information available for that shipment".
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
you sound like the rest of us realizing Hobbyking delivers POOR service and if something goes wrong they dont honor their products
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_Nitro View Post
you sound like the rest of us realizing Hobbyking delivers POOR service and if something goes wrong they dont honor their products
Yep, pretty much. I will have to say that the items that I order from them are not "hi tech" stuff. Connectors, wire, wheels....stuff like that. The only way that I use one of their motors or ESC for example would be in a foamy.

I would smile if they refunded my money and a month from now the package mysteriously showed up. I wonder if that has ever happened before. LOL
Last edited by JurassicJet; Mar 23, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:05 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,916 Posts
HK ships out 5000 orders per day. They must be doing it right most of the time.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Might be true but they have a 20% failure rate with me...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:24 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Now hoppy, how would you know that????
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
so if they ship 5000 orders a day why are they unable to replace faulty parts? or answer questions, be honest with customers?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
Now hoppy, how would you know that????
This has been talked about many times. Since you have never ordered from them, you of course cannot check this out. But for anyone who has ordered from them, just subtract your latest order number from an earlier order number and divide by the number of days between the orders.

Example:
Latest order - 2004205430 -- 3/22
earlier order - 2004169541 -- 3/16

35889 orders in 7 days = 5127/day

Not too hard to figure out.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_Nitro View Post
so if they ship 5000 orders a day why are they unable to replace faulty parts? or answer questions, be honest with customers?
I can't comment on that as they replaced every part I had a problem with and have answered all my questions. I have a lot of patience and play their game, fast no, but it always works out sooner or later.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Wow, I was about to order a HK450 kit, but now after reading all these complaints, I'm rethinking it.
DeadManFlying is offline Find More Posts by DeadManFlying
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
use Ehirobo as they are more reliable