HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,081 Posts
Discussion
Pitts cowling mounted, battery cover modifications

I did a slight mod to the Pitts battery cover: A magnet, 10mmx3mm was mounted flush-wise to the 10-o'clock position as viewed from the front. The magnet holds a small 4-40 socket screw that was mounted in the middle of the front battery cover rib.

This holds the cover with a SNAP! and is just tight enough to prevent the cover form flying off. Mine was pretty good anyway, but I wanted to make sure before placing the cowling on. Now, the cover is as close to ideal as I can get it!!

Just trimming the final bits off the Faux-Radial plate, then gluing to the cowling.

Darren/SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying with the WHAM group!
to remove ads between posts