HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by StayQuiet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, MA, Oxford
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Build Log
Demi Duster Electric - part 14 - covering, and name that plane

Hatch magnets are in, I've run the control rods for the elevator and rudder (temporary - they will be installed after the fuselage sides are covered). Everything is looking pretty good.

Now comes the part I dread the most: covering. I've never been very good at doing this in the past. I always used Monokote, but this time I decided on trying Ultracote. I started with the simple pieces - the tail feathers. Wow, what a difference working with this! It is so much easier!

For my color scheme, I chose bright orange for the tail surfaces and wing tips, white fuselage and wing top surface, and black and white checkerboard for the wing bottom. My wife has one of those craft card cutting machines, and she can put in any font and cut out lettering (she's made AMA numbers out of trim sheets before, and they came out great - thanks, honey!) Since this design is loosely based on a crop dusting plane, I've been trying to come up with a 'company name' to be applied to the fuse sides. Best suggestion so far has been 'TuLowe Crop Dusting Service'.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
Last edited by StayQuiet; Apr 04, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts