HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by catchthis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Sold
coast guard MLB finished new pics

finished, all glass hull that has been discontinued by dumas. this is a static model, it has been waterproofed but not built for rc. I'm putting a radar, running lights, and horns on the bridge. I can put a nice flag staff on the cabin roof that has lights and loud speakers/ antennas if you want. (I dont charge packing fees ect so it should be fair).I plan on listing it on ebay so let me know before I post it. All hatches are epoxied/painted in and out so they are tough. this project took me from may until now to complete with a ton of nights spent sanding filling and painting. Truly the cleanest looking and most well built mlb on the market that can be a show winner with minimal detail work. The money is going towards my first truck, or two tanks of gas!
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
Last edited by catchthis; Mar 28, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,197 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Perhaps this type of boat will be more popular some time in the future...
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
I cant believe it isnt sold yet. the work on this boat was done to perfection. It is a beautiful model that will turn heads. My dad doesnt want to see it go after the work I put into it but it has to go.
Last edited by catchthis; Mar 26, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,197 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Just not popular right now.
Hang on to it for now ?
Summer coming, maybe it will move then.

had it only been a Cranberry Isle.....
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
yea, if it sells now I'll be happy if not i'm not giving it away. this is bottom line dollar. I might be able to be persuaded into selling the cranberry isle rtr. pm me
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:03 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Nice boat Amigo! I built a similar Dumas kit MLB 44. They make great RC boats.
My kit was an RC version. We used to use it for a camera boat as it was so smooth and manuverable.
A buddy and fellow forum member purchased it from me last year.

These boat share some great live saving history with their big brother the 47 footers. Both are self righting and operated by some of the most courageous people out there. Some cool videos on YouTube for anyone interested in seeing them in action.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
Boomer, how did you build your railings? Any web site for the materials? I looked at your add and I think mine is priced to sell. Although yours was rtr for 450 shipped I think mine is definatly a good deal for a static model.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthis View Post
Boomer, how did you build your railings? Any web site for the materials? I looked at your add and I think mine is priced to sell. Although yours was rtr for 450 shipped I think mine is definatly a good deal for a static model.
It's been a while. I think the kit came with the railings. The antennas are plastic tubing I got at my LHS. (one sides inside the other. I drilled holes in the deck to mount them. They also sell a solid rod you can use to make the railings. It bends nicely when you apply a little heat to it.

I had a lot more in my boat than I sold it for, but I quess that is the way things go?
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Oct 2003
640 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
So what is the price

I went through all the thread and nowhere is there a price.
Kyle what are you asking for the boat - it looks like you got the shafts in it would not be hard to RC it.

Just courious - since I have all the dumas parts to complete this including the railing, do you have 3/16 or 1/8 propshafts in it.

You did a great Job, Interested,
Rich
rlboats2003 is offline Find More Posts by rlboats2003
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:32 AM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
I have it up for 210 shipped. It has the shafts ect installed but it cant be converted to rc because it is to heavy. Let me know if your still interested. Its a beautiful boat! you can modify the inside of the hull(grind out the extra epoxy) and the weight should be ok then but right now it floats right about at the water line.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
sold to rich.
Closed Thread