HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
654 Posts
Discussion
Funcub power and flap problems

Hi guys,
I'm posting on behalf of my friend who has recently got into flying, he's a competent flier now and has moved onto a funcub from the wing he was training on. But the problem is that even at full throttle the motor does not seem to revolve fast enough to produce enough power. It takes off and you can circuit but it doesnt gain altitude as expected. The motor is rated at 220W, 1100kv approximately (can't remember off the top of my head) coupled to a 11x4.7 propeller and a 30A esc and 3s Lipo. I suggested a larger maybe 13 inch prop ?
Could he also need a higher C rating battery?
It's only a 1000mah atm, but will soon be replaced by a 2200mAH.

He is also having trouble with the flap servos, they arent digital but constantly buzz when turned on. They are both towerpro 9g HS55 clones that were working fine and do work fine when the aircraft is inverted :s
It's all very weird and I have no idea what is causing that?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
James
-james- is offline Find More Posts by -james-
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
654 Posts
Actually, it's this motor:
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/xyh3530-11...-p-402740.html
It also has intermittent start up problems
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2008
654 Posts
Nevermind, turns out it was a faulty battery after trying it with a different one. Also the flaps just had a problem with the kinkage going past neutral too far on the down throw and therefore when it tried to return to no flaps it was just pushing it further down thus creating the problem
James