SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
United Kingdom and the USA
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King EMS Express to the UK?

Does anyone know how long the EMS Express shipping to the UK takes?

I ordered from Hobby king because the Express shipping states 3-4 days but its been longer than that and the tracking number is not recognised. They claim its been sent but can not provide any proof! When asked they claim the shipping time is 3-10 days! not what it says on the website. Ive used EMS before with other companies and its taken 3 days! The shipping nearly cost the same as the model! Shame because the prices are good but the service is very very poor. At least i paid with paypal so if it does'nt arive i can try them.

Very un-happy UK customer
RCUK is offline Find More Posts by RCUK
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
forget it, they lie they give you false information the tracking will take weeks, best not to buy from them again and if the parts are faulty forget service
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Never again. Shocking Bussiness conduct.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:50 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I can't comment on your particular case RCUK because I don't know the details but my experience of EMS shipping is 100% good. It's true that since they started their so-called JIT warehouse stuff has sometimes been a while in getting actually shipped, but once on its way EMS is certainly quicker than the alternatives.

What site are using to try and track your package - RCUK? What EMS can't influence is how long goods can take to get through UK customs
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Its just showed up on HK post website after 5 days. Its still in Hong Kong and has just been "picked up". The Hobby King website said "shipped direct to Airport from CN....." but this was 5 days ago!! So i dont know if this really is my tracking number or whether this is someone elses.

1-4 day service it certanly is not. If it does get here i hope its inone piece!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I'm sure it will be OK - my experience of HobbyKing packaging is excellent.

You will find the vast majority of HK customers are generally happy with the service they get. Nonetheless there are some people who take great joy in bad mouthing the organisation and are dumb enough not to recognise the dangers inherent in testing how tolerant HK are of the laws of libel.

There's a clue - if you see one person - no names no packdrill - is persistently posting antagonistic but unsubstantiated stuff about HobbyKIng, or anyone else for that matter, they're best ignored unless, like them, you're seriously short of anything better to do.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
I have placed a number of orders with hobbyking and they are ALWAYS SLOW I only ever used the express shipping once and it took 3 weeks to deliver, as for my latest order it had two faulty ESC units which were sent back, please look at my post and the total run around by them before buying again off them
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
I dont understand how they can quote delivery times on the website of 3-4 days and take 3 weeks! How do they get away with that. I did the online chat and they quoted 3-10 days then another said 3-7 days! At least the tracking number works now. It says it was picked up yesterday (after 5 days). Although the hobby king website said sent straight to airport 5 days ago so im not sure that was how it happened.

I dont mind if it takes a while but if i pay extra to get it quick then thats not right.

Not a good start.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
To the OP, sadly even EMS (Hong Kong post) gets it wrong sometimes. Whats the tracking number? Hong Kong Post EMS numbers are usually very good with tracking info, I have never had one that didn't track within a day of HK stating it was shipped.

NZ_Nitro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_Nitro View Post
I have placed a number of orders with hobbyking and they are ALWAYS SLOW I only ever used the express shipping once and it took 3 weeks to deliver, as for my latest order it had two faulty ESC units which were sent back, please look at my post and the total run around by them before buying again off them
I'm curious about your 2 ESC's that you sent back faulty. The 40 and the 80, didn't you re-program them and get them working but it was just the soft start you didn't like? That's what you said in your original posts about them, why didn't you just buy the programming card for them or go to the OEM site like another member suggested and use the latest version of firmware?

I'm not sure what the run around is you are mentioning. You seem to have sent back 2 esc's you can't work out how to program (others have) and each time you ask them what's happening they tell you they are waiting for the manufacturer to make a decision. It's china, chinese manufacturers take months, nothing new. Even when you are rude to them they still give you an answer.

Anyway here is my take, might be right might be wrong, by all means correct me if I'm wrong. The speedies in question were not faulty (you did actually say you got at least one working but weren't happy with the soft start) so you had 2 options. The product is not up to your expectations so even in accordance with HK's FAQ section and T's and C's you could have just shipped them back and said they were not what you wanted and they would have refunded you the cost of the items, minus of course the postage. Your other option would be to do what you have done but probably not along with the insistant trolling of HK threads that aren't even remotely related to your problem (Mods can simply read your posts, I feel the term trolling is probably not incorrect here).

I wish you the best of luck in getting back 2 ESC's that will be no different to the original 2 you got, shrugs (I really wish they had a smiley for this). I suggest just buying an original Align one or perhaps a CC one if the super brain is outside of your setup needs or you aren't happy with using governor mode and what can be described as not the worlds softest soft start (super brains don't have particularly soft soft starts). Would save you an awfull lot of grief and angst which is pretty evident by the barrage of posts you have made since then, including the last one in the list below. I’d call poor form by the bolded part, but that’s just me.

Quote:
Anyone else had this? dam anoying, I can plug in the usb stick and read/write to the brain but not one little beep even tried a different motor, plugged a servo into the throttle channel which worked fine
Quote:
that was easy manually upgraded the firmware and now working
Quote:
however unimpressed with the "soft start" does not have any?
Quote:
wow this story takes some twists and turns, I have had nothing but problems with this ESC after blindly upgrading it via hobbyking I was unable to set the throttle end points correctly so contacted hk to ask them gave them a screenshot of the settings and they told me "it must be the software you used to upgrade it with as we dont support this software" i informed them I was unaware it was not to be used coming from their site they have told me hk does not get copies of the software from the manufacturer, we have gone back and forth for days over this to the poing im getting more than pissed off, I had actually forgot I started this thread and the reason why I tried to upgrade!, I was only reminded tonight when I set up my smaller 450 superbrain for a test tonight..... would you belive it plugged this one in too and yep not a dam beep NOTHING.... I then searched the net for "superbrain not beeping/working and my thread popped up lol, could be they have a faulty batch? what a waste of money eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Sorry to hear you're not having much fun with the SB, they can be finnicky, and I've read several posts where users reloaded firmware to restore their SB's to life.

The Superbrain is a re-branded Hifei King Kong, and you can use the Hifei software and firmware, though the Hifei site seems buggy to me, no matter what browser I use.

The only real soft start on the SB is only enabled when you use governor mode. governor mode actually works really well, although I find that using it on my HK 450 Pro wears out the OWB in just a few flights. I can only speculate that it's the frequent accelerations and decelerations of the motor that eat away at the mainshaft cover, which ends up looking like rodents have chewed it. One of these days, I'll try an Align mainshaft cover to see if the problem is exacerbated by poor quality metal in the HK part.

Also be aware that the SB series don't seem to like low throttle settings, which can cause a thermal shutdown even at well below their rated current capacity. I reckon 65% throttle is the magic threshold, below which you're likely to experience this overheating.
Quote:
I have been into RC now for over 10 years and know what I am doing, Hobby King supplied two superbrains 40 and 80a which just did not go out of the box not even a beep, this was before xmas, I sent them back to HK at my cost and now have just been mucked around for months, I have given up on these doing the right thing and now its just entertainment and a warning to others this got reported for obnoxious behavior???? um me and HK are not friends lighten up naughty word removed
It's just entertainment? Seriously? By the way I think the naughty word wasn't the obnoxious part, that would be "Offensive content (Profanity)", the stating you are now going to continue for your own entertainment would be trolling obnioxious behaviour. You should probably go have a read of the site rules. Have you tried asking them on their forum? There are probably others that had the same sort of issues you have had that could help in providing you with a good answer about either getting a credit because the SB is not sufficient to meet your needs or offer advice on just how long you may have to wait for warranty. Warranty is painfully slow with HK as for a lot of the stuff they are not the manufacturer.

edit. sorry forgot to put the link to the firmware for the superbrain ESC's

http://www.hifei.com/en/news_more.asp?lm2=79

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Apr 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:57 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
I'm sure it will be OK - my experience of HobbyKing packaging is excellent.

You will find the vast majority of HK customers are generally happy with the service they get. Nonetheless there are some people who take great joy in bad mouthing the organisation and are dumb enough not to recognise the dangers inherent in testing how tolerant HK are of the laws of libel.

There's a clue - if you see one person - no names no packdrill - is persistently posting antagonistic but unsubstantiated stuff about HobbyKIng, or anyone else for that matter, they're best ignored unless, like them, you're seriously short of anything better to do.

A shill, plant or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:48 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
Rogers not talking about shills, he is referring to trolls. I love net speak A troll can have a very good reason for doing what Roger is talking about, they may have had an issue or know others who have and feel the need to "spread the bad word" as an example. But where does one draw the line at a "timeframe for vengence"? Shills and trolls are actually quite easy to spot. They tend to go at each other relentlessly in an effort to shift suspicion to one or the other.

Mark
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Apr 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:06 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
With EMS, once it's left HobbyKing all of Chrissy and my orders have taken 3 to 4 days, but Aus is a lot closer to Hong Kong than the UK.

Mark
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:29 AM View Post
NZ_Nitro
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.