Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
Former B52H Crew Chief
Green Bay WI
Joined Feb 2009
781 Posts
Discussion
Fund our projects

Fellow Club/RC Mates,

I am not sure the status of our 'power to the field' project, but I found a way to get others to pay for it! http://www.kickstarter.com/ is a website to get people from around the world to donate money for projects. The way this website works is you post a project and budget requirement. You must then provide your benefactors with a unique experience or a product. These "gifts" are tiered based on amount donated (like how a telethon works). The money is transferred to the project owner only if the budget goal is reach within the allotted time (about 30 days).

I see projects on that site that raise tens of thousands of dollars for simple ideas. I seriously think if our club officers got on board with this, we could raise $10K for a solar power station (or some other project ideas). Unique experiences or gift ideas..... free membership, gift card to tower hobbies, aerial photo of our field signed by its members, for those local in area,,, 1 on 1 sessions flying giant scales or sessions doing flight by video with video goggles.
aerofly0610 is offline Find More Posts by aerofly0610
to remove ads between posts