HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
Donations arriving

Care Package from FrSky arrived today.
Telemetry capable receivers, transmitter modules, sensors, displays, etc. Some lucky dog is going to win it.

I've been using FrSky telemetry products. Very high quality gear.

With the quality so high and prices so low they are poised for some explosive growth.

I'm converting my FASST and 9x systems to ACCST (FrSky) because it's as reliable if not more (not that I've ever had problems with FASST) and the telemetry sensors are a fraction of what other systems (Spectrum) are charging. While spectrum is much more expensive -- they do have the bluetooth connection for smartphones.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, WA, Prosser
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Care Package from FrSky arrived today.
Telemetry capable receivers, transmitter modules, sensors, displays, etc. Some lucky dog is going to win it.

I've been using FrSky telemetry products. Very high quality gear.
I have 3 of the FrSKY FASST rx's and haven't had any issues with them at all.

WOOOT WOOOT - Thank you FrSKY
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
More Raffle goodness

The rest of Hobby King's donation for Wings for Wishes arrived today. Our club photographer (just one week since having a knee replaced) poses with one of the certificates for a sense of scale.

I'm hear more buzz about this great event Clark. Great job organizing this

And Thank you Hobby King for stepping up to help us help sick children in our area.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
It's official the second runway is now in place! The runways are 45 degree offset from each other with the flight lines back to back. The two don't physically cross each other so we are able to fly from both runways at the same time. We wont have grass in place but we do have the sprinklers in and will run them enough to keep the dust down.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Cool I cant wait to check them out in a couple of weeks. Still haven't decided what planes to bring with me. I do know my Phase 3 F16 wont be making the trip Thats what happened to it today.

DSC04231 by Hance1976, on Flickr

DSC04226 by Hance1976, on Flickr

IMG_0475 by Hance1976, on Flickr

DSC04227 by Hance1976, on Flickr

DSC04242 by Hance1976, on Flickr
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old May 13, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
Hey, will FLG Annie and the kids be with you? We've got a large TV in the shop now -- Waiting to hear if we'll have a blue ray player for it soon. No more track for the kids to ride bikes on -- it's now the East Runway pits area.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Hey, will FLG Annie and the kids be with you? We've got a large TV in the shop now -- Waiting to hear if we'll have a blue ray player for it soon. No more track for the kids to ride bikes on -- it's now the East Runway pits area.
No wife or kids this trip Scott. I am leaving for Oregon/Washington for work on the 20th and will be there until after the first of June. I can't work weekends or holidays so I get to play
Old May 13, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
No wife or kids this trip Scott. I am leaving for Oregon/Washington for work on the 20th and will be there until after the first of June. I can't work weekends or holidays so I get to play
No baggage? wow... sound like time for dancing on the runways!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
Our 3D pilot David Mahan has donated a 40 size trainer plane complete with OS 40 engine, servos, and radio.

We also have a telemaster complete with wheels and floats that was donated for an auction item.

This brings us to 5 airplanes that will be given away in the raffle and 1 as an auction item.

Thank you!
Old May 18, 2012, 12:10 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post
Our 3D pilot David Mahan has donated a 40 size trainer plane complete with OS 40 engine, servos, and radio.

We also have a telemaster complete with wheels and floats that was donated for an auction item.

This brings us to 5 airplanes that will be given away in the raffle and 1 as an auction item.

Thank you!
Sounds awesome to me. I will be rolling in Friday night if all goes as planned
Old May 18, 2012, 04:50 PM
too cheap to be a Plus user
USA, WA, Richland
Joined Nov 2009
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Sounds awesome to me. I will be rolling in Friday night if all goes as planned
Good deal. I'll be rolling in when the boss lets me leave the orchard.

Doug B.
dougbo is offline Find More Posts by dougbo
Old May 26, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
Wings for Wishes Day 1 -- Wind Blew!!

The wind blew like a big dog today -- not the way we wanted the event to start. Despite that, Clark flew his superfly a couple times, and I crashed my "W" when I was blown downwind and behind the trees so I could not see the plane. Hans had a motor separate from his lightning fast little plane and gave us a dramatic crash and then we went looking for the pieces. Looking forward to more arrivals tomorrow -- and lower wind.

As things tend to go -- the wind was dead calm after dark. Hans flew his night flyer ... an that went well.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 02:50 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
If anybody has a photo of the confetti and the crater the plane made I would really like a copy. I forgot to take a photo of it.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined May 2009
6,576 Posts
Day 2 of Wings for Wishes

Another Photo essay from today. Photos all by Camille Page. Not as much wind as yesterday - more people out flying -- and we were entertained by David Mahan and his partner to some awesome 3D flying. Several crashes among the pilots -- do to dumb thumbs as well as wind. Hance Reigned supreme for the speed demon today with what I think was a Right Wing (sp?) and an Adrenaline Rush - that sent Clark running to the bathroom after he flew it once. Lots of visitors -- not as many as we'd hoped for. Tomorrows weather promises to be AWESOME -- and should be a great day flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 02:02 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Had a great time today I made a couple of new friends, did some flying and had a great dinner tonight. I finished up the day with a couple of flights on the night flyer.

Clark is now adrenaline rush certified