HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Look at the SCHWeet stuff Hobby King has donated to Wings for Wishes. 4 servos - 4 batteries - three aircraft -- Go Hobby King!

scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:32 PM
Fixed wing fanatic
United States, OR, Hermiston
Joined Apr 2011
183 Posts
So how is the raffle going to work? must be present to win? one big raffle on the last day? are there going to be events to participate in? I am trying to schedule which days to be there since I can't do all 4.
neddis is offline Find More Posts by neddis
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddis View Post
So how is the raffle going to work? must be present to win? one big raffle on the last day? are there going to be events to participate in? I am trying to schedule which days to be there since I can't do all 4.
I can't answer those questions because I'm not in that loop -- but I can tell you that anything you win I'll be glad to accept in your place if you're not there. FrSky has donated a bunch of telemetry transmitter modules - receivers - and sensors. Their stuff rocks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
I caught a glance at the Menu for Wings for Wishes and thought I'd share. Also -- the gals that prepare the food do a heck of a great job -- We eat really well at our events.

Friday:
Lunch : Hoagies / chips / beverage

Saturday:
Breakfast "Country Breakfast"
Lunch: Chili & Gourmet Soup
Dinner: Pork Roast - Green Beans - Mashed Spuds

Sunday:
Breakfast: Omelets
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner (on your own)

Monday:
Breakfast: "Country Breakfast"
Lunch: Hamburgers & Potato Salad
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Event Schedule

I know the event schedule is still being firmed up -- but I'm pleased that there will be two hours each day on Runway 2 for multi-rotor madness. Also Saturday night I'll invite anybody and everybody to fly in the dark with me. I'll have two or three night aircraft -- I think Hance will have at least one as well. Heck -- I might even fly my new Hobby King DuraFly F4U with running lights right at dusk.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Who are contributors and sponsors...

first of all -- I want to thank everybody who has stepped up and will step up to help Clark and the other officers with the Wings-for-Wishes Fun fly. With the event just a month away the list of contributors and sponsors has grown considerably. Below are those I'm aware of at this time.

RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, WA, Prosser
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
I caught a glance at the Menu for Wings for Wishes and thought I'd share. Also -- the gals that prepare the food do a heck of a great job -- We eat really well at our events.

Friday:
Lunch : Hoagies / chips / beverage

Saturday:
Breakfast "Country Breakfast"
Lunch: Chili & Gourmet Soup
Dinner: Pork Roast - Green Beans - Mashed Spuds

Sunday:
Breakfast: Omelets
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner (on your own)

Monday:
Breakfast: "Country Breakfast"
Lunch: Hamburgers & Potato Salad
We have been fine tuning the details and we are planniing doing a baked potato bar Friday night - it confused a few last year as to what a baked potato bar was. Let's just say no one was disappointed.

We are also planning on doing a taco bar on Sunday evening.

I will also add that there are normally a few extra sides that sneak into the menu and that the pizzas will be cooked on a Treager pellet grill.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddis View Post
As of right now I am leaning towards having the raffle on Sunday afternoon, maybe bump the quad fly up to right after lunch on Sunday with the raffle after the quad fly. Need NOT be present to win but items such as airplanes we will have to make arrangements to meet or pick up.

Some of the non RC items will be in a silent auction rather than the raffle.

I am looking at doing a couple fun fly type competitions at the very least Saturday and Sunday. Since I am a naval aviation guy, I am planning to have a carrier landing event with 4 bungee cords across one end of the runway. The #3 wire is the target wire points are:
3 wire - 5 pts
2 wire - 4 pts
1 wire -2 pts
4 wire - 1 pt

You can devise a tail hook any way you like or we will have coat hangers and pliers so that you can bend some up (these work best BTW). I will have a couple examples for people to check out.

I am still kicking around ideas for the other competitions. If you have any favorites, by all means let me know.

We will score nitro and electric separate to even the playing field.
Last edited by chymas; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post

We will score nitro and electric separate to even the playing field.
Good thing the playing field is level for my quad.

Hey -- did you mention night fly on Saturday? If not -- HEY EVERYBODY get some LED's. Heck Hobby King even has them in their US store now so you can get delivery (if they are still in stock) in about two or three days.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
I got my schedule today. I will be there fo sho. I don't know what time I will finish up in Seattle on Friday but I am headed that direction as soon as I do. If I don't make it to the field on friday night I will be there for sure the other three days.

What planes I have with me is going to depend on how many I can cram in my truck. I should have a new 4s powered Adrenaline Rush, and a couple or three flying wings at least one of which will be a night flyer.

Here is the new 48 inch, twin motored, differential thrust, night flying, superfly. It takes up lots of room but hopefully I can figure out a way to bring it. If not I will bring the other night flyer with me.

Untitled by Hance1976, on Flickr
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I got my schedule today. I will be there fo sho.
WOOT!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Online Raffle Ticket Sales are operational

Click on the tickets to order yours.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:18 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Just one question Scott. On the online ticket order page you show 1 for $1, 6 for $5, 25 for $25, or 150 for $100 ?
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined May 2009
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Just one question Scott. On the online ticket order page you show 1 for $1, 6 for $5, 25 for $25, or 150 for $100 ?
Fixed -- should be 35 for $25.

Thanks for the heads up. I also added more info on the donated goodies.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
I have a couple of announcements:

First - the bids for the paving of the second runway are in, closed, and awarded. A*B Asphalt will be doing the paving as well as the prep work and gravel. We should be seeing gravel coming in the first part of next week.

Second - We have an awesome 3D pilot that will be doing flight demonstrations every hour and a half for about a half hour at a time. If you have ever seen him fly it is worth putting the transmitter down just to watch.

With the second runway in play this means we will be holding a few fun fly type contests as well as the 3D demo flights on the original runway, anyone who would rather just fly on their own and would rather not take part of the contests is welcome to fly off of the new runway. There is no reason for anyone to go away not getting enough flight time.

Third - we have two more donations to mention. Elmer's irrigation is kicking in a custom metal cut out sign, we will have an example at the event, the person getting this prize will then be able to determine how they wish to have it customized. CED a local electrical supply company give us a tool back with a 3 cell LED flashlight, stainless steel thermos, and a pocket knife.