HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2003, 03:16 PM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
What to do with your new Phx 10

We've sent product alert anouncements to our dealers and users that have ordered directly from us, and want to clarify a few things here.

All of the new style Phx 10's that went out have a software issue that was not caught by in-house testing or our beta testers. The issue stems from the use of a new microprocessor chip that handles memory differently than previous chips, and required moving some of the programming to different areas to avoid erasure.

It takes a very specific procedure to activate the problem: The controller will erase it's flash memory if and only if, it is powered up, then unplugged during or slightly after the initialization tone (first beep). This is the only way to cause the problem to appear. If you don't immediately unplug the controller after plugging in, it will allways function normally.

We are asking users to send them in to receive the newly configured programming to resolve the issue completely if you wish.

All units shipped from Castle after Friday 10/17, as well as all units of the old (bigger) style, have the correct programming and are unaffected by this notice.

You may contact me directly if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank You,
Shawn Palmer
shawnp@castlecreations.com
785-883-4519 ex115
Shawn Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Palmer
Last edited by Shawn Palmer; Oct 21, 2003 at 03:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts