Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Would love to finally get together Jeff. I am a member out hear at Sharks with a nice paved runway and I visit Marshall & Monroe airfields from time to time. So if you want to come up here we have good open places to go. Do you have a club field that you know of down there? If so I can probably get a few of us together and have a blast!

Orion
Well, I copied your ideas and built a rack for the SUV so I can haul 4 or 5 good-sized planes. Pavement would be a real treat. Our club field: http://www.acadianrc.org/New/ is grass and retracts take a real pounding. I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing. I've got some time off around Easter, maybe then. Let's talk. Jeff

Afterthought: I have never used EMS before. Any idea how long we are looking at for shipping?
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,701 Posts
A week tops. It's a pretty good service.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring View Post
Well, I copied your ideas and built a rack for the SUV so I can haul 4 or 5 good-sized planes. Pavement would be a real treat. Our club field: http://www.acadianrc.org/New/ is grass and retracts take a real pounding. I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing. I've got some time off around Easter, maybe then. Let's talk. Jeff

Afterthought: I have never used EMS before. Any idea how long we are looking at for shipping?
Yeah, 8 - 10 days is norm.

Easter sounds like a good idea. I'll keep that weekend open and see how the weather is going to turn out.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,249 Posts
Excellent!. I should have the Zero and the Spit off the bench by then, have it nice and clean for the Fw. Looks like the poor old WR Hurri is going to get pushed down the queue once again, sigh. So many models, so little time.

Jeff

PS. Just got the email from Philip that mine had shipped and a tracking number. Still in HK at this point.
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:39 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Quote:
I had 3 of 4 birds lose their gear on my last outing and the Zero prop failure was undoubtedly due to the number of prop strikes I had on both t/o and landing.
Make sure you check the motor mount in the foam after losing a prop. I've seen the whole Mount, Motor, and Prop, depart the airplane on the flight after replacing blades. And it chopped the shxx out of the fuse.

TW
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2006
382 Posts
Mine is somewere on its way to southern California. The reccommended battery is a 4cell 2600mah which I do not have. Got lots of 4 cells in 2200, 3300, and 4000mah. Any thoughts on which battery might be appropriate for this bird?
sharkbyte is offline Find More Posts by sharkbyte
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:07 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
I will be putting in a 4S 3000 which is what I have on hand. I may wait and see if some one goes with a 5S before ordering some lipos to dedicate to it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I will be interested to hear if there is a KV change on the motor in this one when you get it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Well remember, I emailed Raymond at RC-Castle and he said it is the new 580 KV that they started putting in the Zeros to make them faster. So the new motor should provide some more pep on that 3 blade vs the old motor.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Right, So 5s on that motor is in question.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
How much is the shipping from Phillip?
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
$56
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
ugh

gracias.
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Excellent!. I should have the Zero and the Spit off the bench by then, have it nice and clean for the Fw. Looks like the poor old WR Hurri is going to get pushed down the queue once again, sigh. So many models, so little time.

Jeff

PS. Just got the email from Philip that mine had shipped and a tracking number. Still in HK at this point.
Nice and clean bench? Come on Jeff your forgetting, I've seen pics of your bench. Its as bad as mine.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:48 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
Right, So 5s on that motor is in question.
I think the motor can handle it as this plane has uber cooling in the cowl thanks to those fan blades. I'm just not sure if it will need 5s because the motor has a higher KV anyway.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit