SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
Have also joined this exclusive club, ordered through Philip this morning.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers Jumo View Post
I was going to wait until spare props came up but seeing how quickly RC castle sold out I just placed the order as quickly as I could! One on its way to East Rhodesia as we speak
That's one of the reasons I designed my own propeller for this plane. If I break one it only takes me an hour to cast a new one.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:49 PM
Schwalbe
Australia, WA, Yokine
Joined Aug 2011
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
Have also joined this exclusive club, ordered through Philip this morning.
Excellent! Thats two coming to East Rhodesia I'll have to take a trip up to Geraldton so we can fly a formation of Wurger's

I'm not up on the squadron marking etc. does anyone know whether this is an eastern or western front bird? If its eastern front we can track down some 109 owners to increase the formation size.
Junkers Jumo is offline Find More Posts by Junkers Jumo
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,099 Posts
Quote:
I was going to wait until spare props came up but seeing how quickly RC castle sold out I just placed the order as quickly as I could! One on its way to East Rhodesia as we speak
Raymonds got them at RC Castle and there only $9.00 a set and shipping is $7.70. I got 2 sets.

Maurice
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:39 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,164 Posts
Wow, The land of Oz is going to be full of wurgers!!!

mine is inbound from Phillip EMS so should be here in a week or so!

Thanks

dave
ticketec is online now Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:50 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
Quote:

Excellent! Thats two coming to East Rhodesia I'll have to take a trip up to Geraldton so we can fly a formation of Wurger's

I'm not up on the squadron marking etc. does anyone know whether this is an eastern or western front bird? If its eastern front we can track down some 109 owners to increase the formation size.
Don't think I'm ready for formation flying yet, the last time I flew with someone else in the air we had a nasty coming together and my Tiger Moth didn't survive, was a very sad day for me, everyone else thinks its hilarious.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
No guts, no glory
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Marl
Joined Jan 2007
54 Posts
Germany

Hi guys,

the butcher bird will come home now, I order one for germany :-) Happy to receive it soon.

Regards,

Matt
mattchecksix is offline Find More Posts by mattchecksix
Last edited by mattchecksix; Mar 22, 2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:26 AM
No guts, no glory
Joined Jan 2007
54 Posts
Germany

I have one qestion, my wish is to make a conversion from A to F Modell. Does anybody know how to get the right canopy or maybe someone can mould it?.

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:37 AM
No guts, no glory
Joined Jan 2007
54 Posts
Quote:

Dear Junkers,

thats a Stormbird colour scheme from the Homefront it is a Focke-Wulf 190A8-R8, flown by Willi Maximowitz, 11(Storm) of IV/JG3 'Udet'.

regards from germany to the other side of the earth.

Matthias
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:49 AM
Paul B
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Dec 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
Wow, The land of Oz is going to be full of wurgers!!!

mine is inbound from Phillip EMS so should be here in a week or so!

Thanks

dave
I think mine is on the same EMS plane as yours

Paul
Pannoch RC is offline Find More Posts by Pannoch RC
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:13 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,534 Posts
Guess I should chime in. Thanks to a head's up from a couple of fellow rc'ers here, I got my order in to Phillip yesterday. Bit the bullet and went EMS. OP, I am not good enough to fly formation even with myself, but we are going to have to figure out how to get together to fly one of these days.

Having literally ditched my FMS Zero at Mardi Gras, I picked up some spares. I am doing some detailing, including the cockpit, so I can have the canopy open. Not sure if I want to do that with the 190 or not. Probably fly it stock for a bit, and then see what I want t massage.

Thanks again guys,
Jeff
jhspring is online now Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Would love to finally get together Jeff. I am a member out hear at Sharks with a nice paved runway and I visit Marshall & Monroe airfields from time to time. So if you want to come up here we have good open places to go. Do you have a club field that you know of down there? If so I can probably get a few of us together and have a blast!

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
No guts, no glory
Joined Jan 2007
54 Posts
Original Picture

Maybe if you are interested, I found an original picture of the FW 190 with FW. Maximowitz on the steering.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:58 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Yet another 190 on its way to Oz!
24hrs ago I missed the RC-Castle batch and as soon as I discovered that, I went straight to Philip but he didn't have them listed then. Never mind, got home from work late and just got the order in - great!
Now to start looking at colour schemes - I do like der schwarze Adler - what an aggressive yet stylish way to cover up exhaust stains :-)
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
Keep it simple
Salisbury,England
Joined Jan 2005
976 Posts
Just posted on the other thread but RC-Castle seems to have it available on the website again.

Al
alfoot is offline Find More Posts by alfoot