HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2006
392 Posts
Has anyone tried to adjust the slight inward cant of the landing gear? They seem to operate fine but it's like that picture on the wall that is just a little tilted.
sharkbyte is offline Find More Posts by sharkbyte
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:30 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardr View Post
Hey guys, have unboxed mine and starting to get it together but alas no swastika for the tail section. Does anyone know where it can be purchased? Making the plane look as original as possible would be good
It would be fairly easy to mask and paint your own for just the swastika, but when I want to do something special for graphix I go to Callie. She is awesome to work with. For custom jobs I wouldn't even think of going to anyone else. Her prices are good, turnaround and delivery is quick. For custom stuff you can send her pics of the idea you came up with and she will work it up and send you an actual size pdf file to print and test fit. then make whatever adjustments you want till you're happy. Then it's at your door in less than a week.
http://www.callie-graphics.com/
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
Gday folks, even though I am not ready to build mine yet (awaiting parts to finish previous project) I got curious and took it from the box to run up the motor and have a look, Bad news, no noises or movement from the motor, so I chuck on another esc we got lying around and the motor spools up good so I guess I got a non functioning esc, So do you guy's think this http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/2013 would be a suitable replacement?
You need to move your throttle stick to the max position. Then plug in your battery. This will calibrate the ESC with the motor. I had the same issue with my 1400mm Hellcat and thought the ESC was bad. It is in the instructions.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:33 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbyte View Post
Has anyone tried to adjust the slight inward cant of the landing gear? They seem to operate fine but it's like that picture on the wall that is just a little tilted.
Look at the real FW-190. That is one of the things that they worked hard to get right on this one.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbyte View Post
The inward cant is suppose to be there. It is one of the scale features that sets this model apart.
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Joined Sep 2011
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Ok All,

I have finally finished shaping my new scale size master prop. Looks so much better.

I now just have to make a mold of it and then we'll be cooking with gas

Cheers,

Steve
Looks great! My guess is that the Amps draw will be high with that much bigger of a prop. You may need to put in a lower KV motor.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,098 Posts
I sent pictures of the gatoring to FMS and Philip and they are going to do something. I will let you all no what when it happens.
mpodder is offline Find More Posts by mpodder
Last edited by mpodder; Mar 28, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:49 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
That is gonna be tuff to keep this bird out of the sun this summer.
Black gators up easy.
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:56 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Joined Sep 2011
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardr View Post
Hey guys, have unboxed mine and starting to get it together but alas no swastika for the tail section. Does anyone know where it can be purchased? Making the plane look as original as possible would be good
pw-rc.com has the old version of the BF 109 decals. It includes the swastika. Maybe it's about the right size? Only $7.
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id/1934
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,086 Posts
I don't know if Horizon Hobby still has them but at one time they had swastikas for the old
PZ FW-190 and ME-109. Plus there are decal sheets for German aircraft and kill German sheets that have swastikas. The 40 size should be about right.
Be safe Have fun
PS You can tell the powers to be I will not buy until the gator problem is solved, don't need an airplane with a heat rash problem
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
Things are looking up...
Orlando, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post
I started the unboxing, outside 72F, by taking out the wings and extra parts and moving over to my table with them. By the time I went back to the box everything black had gatored. This plane can not be in direct sun for even 2 to 3 min with out protection.
What is written on the sticker on the bag for the fuselage? Is it possibly a warning to not leave the plane in the sun too long?

Mine is one the way, but I have had a couple of planes with dark color plastic parts melt in the Florida sun, so I already figured I would have to take a towel or cover to the field to shield the FW if I wanted to leave it stock colors - of course that won't help when it's in the air!

Not sure what the manufacturer or distributor could do about the issue, other than to have chosen a different color scheme. You can also see some gatoring on the original BH photos and during the review video.

Rick
mechrick is offline Find More Posts by mechrick
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:08 PM
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,393 Posts
[I've got the approval from Orion Pax to post this up.]

Ok gents, I came up with a logo design for all us new owner enthusiasts, what do you guys think?

Anyone interested in stickers for tool boxes, T-Shirts, sweats, gear etc?

studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
467 Posts
German Decals

Just for those interested,

Tower Hobbies has German decal sheets in .40 and .60 size for $ 9.29 US. These ate the pressure peel off type on water slide types. Each sheet has 2 swastika decals.

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechrick View Post
What is written on the sticker on the bag for the fuselage? Is it possibly a warning to not leave the plane in the sun too long?

Rick
So I guess you can only fly it on cloudy days.... or in the dark?
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Fly Guy View Post
Just for those interested,

Tower Hobbies has German decal sheets in .40 and .60 size for $ 9.29 US. These ate the pressure peel off type on water slide types. Each sheet has 2 swastika decals.

NFG
Same as HH
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith