HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
No worries, I got the stickers from Callie graphics (link below) I asked her to make some up using these measurements, Birds head = 120mm long and 55mm high with a 6mm thick red outline, and added these pics, or similar, as reference.

http://www.callie-graphics.com/index.php
wow..that's a professional decal company...who would have thought....thanks..BTW,..you forgot to paint your rudder yellow
Litchking is offline Find More Posts by Litchking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,820 Posts
what would be a good after market motor that would work with 4 or 5 cell lipo
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:00 AM
Don't pimp out Grandma
Minneapolis Minnesnowtah
Joined Nov 2007
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Not sure if you saw the video of mine but I put in a 5055-580kv and I love it! I used an EMP which looks exactly like the Turnigy Sk's I've used in my Zero and P-47.
MNMadman is offline Find More Posts by MNMadman
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Maiden went great heres a little tip ...

I tried the plane on grass and on runway ....

On the runway I tightened the torsion screws no bouncy bouncy ...on grass I loosened them allowing more spring no nose overs way better on grass ...

I gotta get a camera ....
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
The FMS 4250 - 500KV motor would be a great motor to run with a 5s. That is what I use in my FW190. It will draw less amps too. The stock motor is a 580KV that runs pretty well with a 4s. But people have been having quality issues with that motor. I pulled mine out and replaced it with the 500kv and have had no issues. Plus the stock prop adapter and spinner fit right on it! Get it here:
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1448
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:06 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchking View Post
Guys..I think FMS did a smarter thing (I dont know the cost for FMS to change their current 90 deg to 100 deg rotating retracts), anyway, they bend the struts slightly..I think that achieve the same result...

no, bending the strut does NOT make up the fact that to get the axle of the wheel in the correct "down" position and then fully burried in the wing requires more than 90 degrees of rotation.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Could somebody tell me if the wing is glued together as one piece then bolted on like the Corsair? I had the P-47 and converted it to a one piece as it flexed soooo bad.

Thanks -- Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
Don't pimp out Grandma
Minneapolis Minnesnowtah
Joined Nov 2007
781 Posts
Like the corsair the wing bolts on as one piece and you have the option of gluing.
MNMadman is offline Find More Posts by MNMadman
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,296 Posts
Thanks for the info. Much nicer having the one wing VS two.

Take care -- Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,369 Posts
FW-190 thoughts

Fellow owners and lurkers,

I guess it is time I gave you my thoughts on this model. Since I only buy kits, I cannot speak of the equipment that comes with the model with the exception of the retract units. Which, if you have not heard already, have quite a few issues. I was NOT immune, but more disturbingly, I also donít have any real answers. More about this later.

Letís start with fidelity of scale.

I compared to the subject model to drawings that I cross-referenced with all my available data. Overall, the model is about an 8 out of 10 for scale of accuracy. The wing is very close to the correct shape but as usual, the aileron is too big and the flaps too small. The inboard LE extension is also not pronounced enough. The landing gear is positioned correctly and about the right length. The dihedral is very close also.

The fuselage is the overall correct length, but has been cheated in the nose presumably to get the model to balance easier. The height and width are very good. The vertical/rudder tail is quite a bit oversize, but the proportions are very close. I donít agree that it is warranted in this model.

The horizontal tail is also a bit oversize in both span and chord, again, presumably for flying qualities of which I can agree. The full scale aircraft had a fairly low TVC (tail volume coefficient). This would make the model sensitive in pitch, even with a fairly far fwd CG. (note: the Flyzone (ST Models) smaller FW-190 horizontal tail is HUGELY oversized!)

As some have mentioned the outboard cannon muzzles are too long for this FW-190-A8/R2.

Besides the tailwheel not being retractable on the model (not easy to do since it went almost straight up!) the tailwheel is a bit small.

Overall the main markings are very good assuming that you believe the ď8Ē was red. (many sources claim it was black as well as showing the spinner red/yellow), but the German writing (stencils) found on the model are way too oversized and detract from the look of the model.

The bomb/tank rack is missing the longitudinal rails between the fore and aft sway braces.

Thatís about it for this part. Look for more soon.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Jun 12, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
167 Posts
For all die hard Futaba fans...we have the Rolls Royce of clone from Hobby King,..but the question remains..will it work with the retracts...

HobbyKing Daily - FrSky TFR8 SB Receiver (1 min 23 sec)
Litchking is offline Find More Posts by Litchking
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Tom, You really need to be a consultant for FMS!
So are you gonna bash the 190?
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,768 Posts
Nice work Tom. I was pleased to see your score of 8/10 for this plane. Based on your info I would say that the differences were, for the most part, done on purpose to make the plane slightly more manageable.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
USA, CA, Tracy
Joined Jul 2009
15 Posts
Albert Smith is offline Find More Posts by Albert Smith
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
London ON Canada
Joined Aug 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchking View Post
For all die hard Futaba fans...we have the Rolls Royce of clone from Hobby King,..but the question remains..will it work with the retracts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30I1...em-uploademail
Nice receiver however it would not operate the FW retracts. Had to go with orange.

Strange as probably both are made by FrSky.
dawnabby is offline Find More Posts by dawnabby