SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Pitts almost done!!! Finally...

Hey everyone!

Finally! After a long hiatus, some other-hobby related activities, and such, I am almost ready to finish this plane.

Mounted the motor, tail section, and just finishing the battery/ESC install before popping the wings on, the wires, the prop, and up we go!!

Meanwhile, a few construction additions and notes:

I decided to run 4S 3700mAh lipos topping out at 320g each. That should give me over 16 mins of cruising flight time, with some excellent left over capacity for some aerobatics. The firewall mount for the 900Kv RC Timer 770W motor was also touched up with dilute 50% white glue (WeldBond) to add some strength, and the cowl mount blocks were too, after being positioned with 6-minute epoxy.

As can be seen again in one of the photos attached, the battery tray was extended and lowered by about 1" to accomodate a wider range of batteries.

My Tail wheel was rplaced by an eBay special - it is 1/8" taller, and i used the wire hardware from the kit, and a mounting block for the tail wheel with dual collets to avoid rudder stress. The mains will be 2.25" Hangar 9 wheels in lieu of the stock wheels/pants. I personally do not like wheel pants due to excess drag issues when landing on grass. My gear struts were also pre-drilled near the top with a 1/8" hole to prepare for mounting the flight wire kit I bought for this model!

Stay tuned, no several months waiting this time!!!

Darren/SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts