HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
Flyzone focke-wulf FW190 Retracts

I, like many have broken the retracts and need to replace them. Does anybody know where I can get information on how to swap them out? Thanks so much
bobpavlik is offline Find More Posts by bobpavlik
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
467 Posts
Retract issues

Join the club it grows daily!

Orion Pax has fore sale the metal parts that replace the crappy plastic ones that come with the FW. Mine broke sitting on the floor just from the weight of the finished aircraft. Hobbu Lobby sent me the replacement gear no problem but I waited for the metal parts ($5.00) US. Before I repaired them. You do NOT want to attempt to remove the stock gear! The installation is very ROBUST! You will damage the wing badly from what I have seen from the whole set of replacement retracts that HL sent me.

There is a great thread already that shows you the problems and viedo on how to do it. Go back a couple of pages you will find it.

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Awgh! There's a fix for it?! I'd have gotten this instead of the FMS one. Son of a.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
Awgh! There's a fix for it?! I'd have gotten this instead of the FMS one. Son of a.
To bad
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:59 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=527

Found it. But the landing gear on the FMS one is good enough to use, FINALLY! It's not gonna slow down well though.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,898 Posts
I got my assembly out, little force, a few beers and a big ass pair of piliers. Didn't to tooooo bad of a job. Now I just have to wait for the replacements to come in...
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun