HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kenpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined May 2006
822 Posts
Discussion
Idea Fly 4 Quad with Rabbit

Second Quadcopter is now airworthy: I-Fly 4 with Rabbit FC with HDG, BARO, and ACC / GYROs and camera STAB running on 3s 2100 batteries. Getting this thing running was quite an adventure. It came in ARF form from China, no instructions. Everything was hooked up, all I had to do was extend the folding frame arms, tighten, hook up that battery and receiver and FLY - RRRRight!

Battery balance cable was hooked up backwards from the factory so when I connected it, POOF - magic blue smoke. Luckily I disconnected as quickly as I could. Thought it was bricked at this point, but with help from the Rabbit thread on RCG I managed to get the thing running. This included downloading software to an old clunky PC and making sure everything was running nominally.

Sonar board is toast, otherwise the thing flies better than my FY 90Q that was retrofitted on my Hobby Lobby Quad.

Safe to say I'm hooked. Next up, Quad in a cross configuration, then maybe a HEX 6. We'll see.

Having way too much fun.
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
to remove ads between posts