HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
ET
United States, DE, Hockessin
Joined Apr 2006
672 Posts
I can't resist!
eteet is offline Find More Posts by eteet
Last edited by eteet; Sep 17, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:18 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,080 Posts
The C Clamp is to hold the slices while eating?
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
The C Clamp is to hold the slices while eating?
Well, Austin said it was windy and he was right. We would have been chasing paper plates all the way to Maryland.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eteet View Post
Well, Austin said it was windy and he was right. We would have been chasing paper plates all the way to Maryland.
Eric, Eric, Eric. You misinformed Frank.

Frank, the C-clamp is a plate certification device. The plates are tested to verify they can hold the clamp. If they do, you are assured they will be able to handle the weight and abundant flavor of the pizza. Sheesh. It does not surprise me that a person from your state would not be familiar with this device.

They are stocked beside the round timers.

ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,080 Posts
Pizza in my state doesn't last long enough to need plates......

OK here we go again......

Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,080 Posts
See, I thought someone left their window timer attachment device on the plates.

Actually, we could go on for hours on the use of a 6" C Clamp:

1. double chin holder
2. Gut clamp to aid in picking up planes
3. Device to prevent snapping the wrist on throw
4. Anti early release device
5. Wallet clamp to prevent future purchases
6. Tx to hand clamp
7. Migrain aid
8. Wing bolt
9. Something from Austin's car..... (sorry Austin)
10. and the best, the smallest size that will keep my mouth closed!!!

LOL
Last edited by Fly2High; Sep 17, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
6,919 Posts
The pizza was tasty. The only reason any was left over was that there was a whole lot of it.

I think Reto launches about twice as high as I do.

I am thinking about setting up a clip board with three watches on it. One window timer and two stop watches, in case I have to time someone again who turns it around as fast as Reto does. What's cheap and works well?

Many thanks for a most enjoyable contest, and I hope to return next year. Now if you could just move it a few hours north.... (6+ hour drive for me, more if I have to take breaks so I don't see those double dashed lines on the road.)
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: paper blast tube test
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
6,919 Posts
P.S. Anyone got footage of either of my two bad launches? (The tip strike on Sat. and the fuselage break on Sunday?)

P.P.S. Frank, are you sure you should be taking that much pain medication? (I'm hoping you don't actually need it, especially based on the quality of that list.)
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: paper blast tube test
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:49 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
672 Posts
Hey Lincoln,

You ought to try a Palm Pilot PDA running DLG Time by Ralf Metzger. It's easy and cheap.

I'm glad you got home safe since it's a long drive and you were tired after the contest.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:09 PM
drtodd
vineland, nj
Joined Sep 2007
22 Posts
Challenging weekend

To all of those who did not make the fall fling in Newark, DE, you missed a challenging weekend filled with fun, great food, and great flying.

As a NewJerseyan, I am the only neutral pizza judge who lives between both. Although neither NY or DE can come anywhere near the pizza of the jersey boardwalks, I'm sorry Frank, I the jury, have to honestly say that pizza on sat was fanfrikintastic. I was actually a little sad to pass it out Sun. morning. However, I would give it up for life if eating another slice would erase the memory of the meal you made us this year.

Anyhow, what a wild Saturday! That wind was whipping harder than my Uncle Vito after Sunday dinner. We all needed velvet cheeta skinned big hats we were pimpin those trees so hard. It's one thing to land out. Another thing to land in a tree. Landing in a tree two properties away from the field 90 seconds into the round? Yeah, that was me. If I had known that wind would have been so hard, I would have brought some coal and made some fannie diamonds. But somehow or another, even hack pilots like myself were finding lift and going to town with it. It was fun, it was just fun. Thanks to The Delaware team who put together the best contest around. The field is without a doubt, the best around. Spacious, perfectly groomed. Sept. weather is beautiful for flying. It is so much easier to focus without soaking wet clothes. The pizza was fabulous. Whoever idea it was to have 73 varieties, kudos.
Special thanks :
-Walt, not only are you a blast to fly with, you are in my top ten males I would choose to be stuck in an elevator with. And your wife did a great job. Thank you also for making my dad feel welcome.
-Austin, you have taught me more than anyone this year. Radio programming, reading conditions and contest strategy, you are an awesome pilot.
-My lucky underpants. You have never let me down.
-My wife, for not throwing away my lucky underpants. I know you want to.
-Don, I love timing you, especially when I can talk you into taking risks and coming out on top. Sorry about that last round though.
-Dan, although I feel that you are better than me, I think that our skills are close enough to make things sooooo interesting. I look forward to next year.
-Trent, thanks for laughing at my dumb jokes. I know you really don't find them funny.

All together, I was honored to complete my last contest as a sportsman at SKSS. I will hold the last trophy I ever won in this sport close to my heart.
drdemarcodc is offline Find More Posts by drdemarcodc
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:44 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdemarcodc View Post
.... I will hold the last trophy I ever won in this sport close to my heart.

Don't sell yourself short. Any given contest, you can come out on top. You will need to bring your 'A' game but I feel you have it in you to take a trophy now and again even after moving up to Expert next year.

Frank
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:51 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
672 Posts
Hey Guys,

I want to thank everyone who came and flew at our contest. We had a light turnout (11 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday) but everyone had fun and flew a lot so that's what counts.

From my point of view as CD the contest was chaotic as I ran around stamping out brush fires and making sure everything went as planned. But that's what the CD does so I didn't get much of a chance to observe the action. I hope some of the contestants will jump in and tell their tales of the weekend. We did fly a lot of rounds,11 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. I don't think anyone can complain that they didn't fly enough. I promised not to start any rounds after 3:00 on Sunday. True to my word, the last round on Sunday started at 2:57. I'm a taskmaster!

Additional thanks go out to the SKSS club members who stepped up to help out and especially to Walt's wife, Sharon, who was pressed into service as score keeper and did an excellent job. Gotta figure out a way to get her to do it again next year.

Things I learned:

Even if it's windy the good guys will make their times.

It's possible to land in a tree and get your model back undamaged as long as Austin Sloan is there to get it down. Thanks Austin.

If you time for Todd DeMarco be prepared to sprint from one end of the field to the other.

Reto can eat a LOT of pizza.

We hope to see you all next year. Here's a few pics for you to look at until then.

Eric

BTW: the award pics are from Sunday. The photos from Saturday are lost in cyberspace.
Last edited by eteet; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:27 PM.