HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:48 PM
ET
United States, DE, Hockessin
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
Contest
Delaware DLG contest for September 2012.

Silent Knights Soaring Society presents:

Fall Fling 2012

Saturday and Sunday: September 15th and 16th

The Silent Knights are back with more F3K fun, excitement, fun, camaraderie and fun. Did I forget to mention fun?

Fall Fling 2012 will be located, as always, at our incomparable, immaculately maintained flying field, located in northern Delaware’s White Clay Creek State Park. Everyone who sees our field falls in love with it. Check out the interactive photo taken by our resident photographer extraordinaire John Kirchstein at our annual ESL Thermal Duration contest.

Awards for Expert and Sportsman, as well as ESL points toward your yearly standing. AMA sanctioned and, most importantly, lunch will be provided.

We even found a nice, convenient place for you to stay: a Super 8 Motel that's in the beautiful college town of Newark, Delaware, ten minutes from the field. The rooms are either $80 for a single or $99 for a double . The motel’s phone number is 302-737-5050. Here are directions from motel to the SKSS field.

Dinner at the nearby local brew pub drew a friendly crowd of stellar and not-so-stellar pilots (I was in the not-so-stellar group). Last year’s gang had a most excellent time enjoying good conservation, good food and good adult beverages (well, it is a pub). And… this year I promise not to screw up the reservations!

Fall Fling 2012: it’s just like heaven, only better!

Register with the ESL here.

Directions to the field: Right-click on the blue field and select “Directions to here”.

Questions? Contact the CD, Eric Teder.
eteet is offline Find More Posts by eteet
Last edited by eteet; Aug 22, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
I hope you guys are remembering to save the date in the middle of September for Fall Fling 2012!!
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:34 AM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
Hey there boys and girls. Time's getting short.

Next up is LISF, then CASA and then (ta-da) SKSS!

Mark your calendars for Fall Fling 2012, September 15th and 16th.

We hope to see you all there!

Eric
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:33 AM
United States, MD, Rockville
Joined Nov 2000
271 Posts
Sorry for off topic but I would be interested in what camera and software your member did the interactive photo. http://www.kirchstein.net/SKSS_field.html
This is interseting as well. http://www.lytro.com/#
CFrench is offline Find More Posts by CFrench
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
The Countdown Has Begun!

Time's getting short so clear out your calendar for September 15th and 16th and plan on coming to Newark, Delaware. We have fourteen pilots signed up so far but we can easily double (or even triple!) that. Check us out!

Eric
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,608 Posts
SKSS spectacular

Hi gents
Please come to Newark, best flying field ( artificially built) on the right coast, good food and company.
Or do you want that slim Dirty, big greek, Austin etc. get away easily?
Hell no, so sign up to the fun!
Reto
RetoF3X is online now Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:32 PM
De Chelonian Mobile!
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Joined Jul 2006
231 Posts
Two weeks left...

...before the SKSS 2012 Fall Fling. Our beautiful flying field is at its best in September, and the local pizza can't be beat. (The local brew pub is pretty darn good, too.)

If you're not yet signed up, head over to the contest registration page today!
leipold is offline Find More Posts by leipold
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:43 PM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,608 Posts
Okay gents, I have to say it with more emphasis:

Why:
Great field
Great talent present
Great Pizza
No TFR ( this Field was artificially made for Mr. Dupont and has a lifelong TSA waiver)

Don't let the Biggies ( dirt, Greek, pimp and such) sweep the podium and sign up for this great contest!

Reto
RetoF3X is online now Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RetoF3X; Aug 30, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
Guys,
I would love to be there. the Delaware contest is always one of my favorites. Great bunch of guys and good competition.

Unfortunately, the appendicitis and tumor removal has me blocked from all athletic activity until Sept. 21st when I see the doctor for further evaluation. I just had the staples removed form the incision last Friday and the last tape strip came off yesterday. I am feeling better but it still hurts. Little things like coughing and sneezing are getting more tolerable and I can tolerate the shaking caused by short car rides now. The plan is to go to work Sept 6th and see. I am also doubtful I can make N.C. but I am loooking forward to making these events next year.

Best of luck Eric.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:24 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
Hey Frank,

You will be missed at this years' Fall Fling. Of all the guys on The Groups I think you have the only valid excuse for not coming.

Take care and heal fast. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Eric
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:34 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
So pretty....

Alright guys. I know you want this baby for your "insert place of honor here". We only have one so it must go to the best of the best. WHO WILL IT BE?

I only know that if you don't come to Fall Fling 2012 you definitely don't stand a chance of taking this little beauty home with you. We're gonna have some fun with great flying at a beautiful field, camaraderie and dinner at a local brew pub (beer!).

Less than two weeks left so head on over to the ESL website and sign up for some fun.

Eric
Last edited by eteet; Sep 04, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:43 PM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
I am still on the fence for this one. My back is still not ready for DLG launching. I am at the beach all this week with the family, so let me see what I can get accomplished once I return. If I can make a tail set or two for sale, I may just be able to afford coming over. If I do attend, I will need to use the "designated launcher" for each round plz. I know I missed this event last year, and I really like the field and I can't forget the Pizza!!!

Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:48 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
Hey Brian,

Hoping to see you this year. I'm sure we can find some throwers for you. Although those tossers you had at CASA were too good. We'll have to get some Sportsman types to throw for you.

And the pizza. Ahhhhhh... we're going to have it again this year and I'd love to tell you how good it is but I don't want to start another smack-down with you-know-who (FN). I'll just say that it's good: really, really good!

Eric
Last edited by eteet; Sep 05, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:09 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just a reminder that the field will be open for practice on Friday the 14th. George B. is coming up from Virginia and it would be a shame if he had to fly all alone. Feel free to drop by and do some flying.

Eric
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:41 PM
ET
Joined Apr 2006
686 Posts
OK Boys,

Gettin down to it now. Long range weather is very good. We're up to 14 pilots (thanks Kevin) but we are looking for a lot more. We're gonna have fun flying, eating and drinking adult beverages. Come on and join us!

Eric